Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 09:53 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Ugh. So, what does that have to do with school safety?
Nothing, exactly the same as removing Constitutional Rights from law-abiding citizens. That won't improve school safety, either. And that's the point.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:54 AM

19,769 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Of course not, but if you're worried about something, don't you think you should stand up prior?
I was a supporter of the NRA up until the Printz vs US scoutus ruling. When they effectively mustered NICS as an opt in.

I see no error in having a watershed event that changes perspective.

You do?

Old 03-26-2018, 09:54 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Ugh. So, what does that have to do with school safety?
I think he was pointing out the irony. The NRA is a very small political PAC compared to many others. Very small, as they get the great majority of funding from individual members, not Bloomberg, or Soros, or Unions. They also don't kill people.

However, Planned Parenthood is well funded, get Federal Funds from taxpayers, and is actually responsible for the death of millions of unborn babies. Still I blame Planned Parenthood, not the TOOL they use to kill the babies.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:55 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why attack gun owners and/or the NRA just because they have opinions?

See how that works?

If the teens dish it out, they should expect to have to take it.
That's not how this works.

They are teenagers. They are not adults. They want gun law changes. They are not attacking specific, law-abiding GUN OWNERS.

If they disagree with a company or an organization, such as the NRA, it's totally within their rights to disagree with that company and/or its politics.

But, where are these kids attacking individual, law-abiding gun owners?

Where are they threatening their lives?

I have no seen any evidence of such, but even if one of them had made disparaging comments about specific gun owners, they are still kids.

What adult goes after kids that way?

As soon as a Parkland kid attacks you directly, IC, I will be the first to say they've gone too far.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I think he was pointing out the irony. The NRA is a very small political PAC compared to many others. Very small, as they get the great majority of funding from individual members, not Bloomberg, or Soros, or Unions. They also don't kill people.

However, Planned Parenthood is well funded, get Federal Funds from taxpayers, and is actually responsible for the death of millions of unborn babies. Still I blame Planned Parenthood, not the TOOL they use to kill the babies.
Planned Parenthood has nothing to do with school safety.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:57 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Because they're demeaning young men by referring to them as "beta males." That is low. Why attack kids just because they have opinions?

Why not just say you disagree and keep right on moving?

That is what I do not understand. This topic was about David Hogg and the Parkland kids. It was not about any other kids. I did not read the whole thread. If someone is calling other teens names in this thread, I do not support that, either.

Why look for some angle I do not have?

I simply disagree with adults attacking teenagers. These kids have received death threats. That's just crazy.

so when hogg says (paraphrasing) "well our f'n parents did not do it"

It's o.k. when he says something like that because he is an activist, but when he gets it right back...we are bad? Typical leftist thinking....

You have seen his hate filled video interview, yes? If not, you should go look it up...it eye opening....

Old 03-26-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Nothing, exactly the same as removing Constitutional Rights from law-abiding citizens. That won't improve school safety, either. And that's the point.
It is really a weak "point."

How is wanting safer schools a removal of Constitutional rights?

Do the kids not have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? That is actually a stronger right than anything listed in the specific amendments because it is part of the body of the Constitution itself.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:58 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
That's not how this works.
Actually, that's EXACTLY how it works. Call others names based just on your opinion; you'll be called names based on others' opinions, in return. Deal with it.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
so when hogg says (paraphrasing) "well our f'n parents did not do it"

It's o.k. when he says something like that because he is an activist, but when he gets it right back...we are bad? Typical leftist thinking....

You have seen his hate filled video interview, yes? If not, you should go look it up...it eye opening....
You are worked up over an enthusiastic teenager who is upset that his friends were murdered at school?

Is it at all possible that you need to rewatch it?

Leveling specific threats at this young man is wrong.

Disagreeing with him? Nah... that is not wrong. Calling him names should be beneath a mature adult, though.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Actually, that's EXACTLY how it works. Call others names based just on your opinion; you'll be called names based on others' opinions, in return. Deal with it.
These are NOT other adults. They are kids.

Do you care that they are receiving death threats?

I mean, do you?

or is the 2nd Amendment and the NRA more important to you? If it is, there's really nothing else you and I have to say to each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies