Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 12:37 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
As I mentioned in another post, the tool is a determining factor in the mass murders. Show me a mass vehicular manslaughter where 17 people are left dead and dozens more are maimed. Show me a mass stabbing where more than 10 people die. Those events simply don't happen. Guns are an easy and effective way to drive up the body count. Bombs can be a little too suspicious to plant and detonate.

It also takes a certain amount of skill to make a bomb. It takes basically zero to shoot a gun, especially in a crowded place with indiscriminate targets.

It seems we are in some bizarre dimension where we have to humor the overgrown children and their toys.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:38 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
It also takes a certain amount of skill to make a bomb. It takes basically zero to shoot a gun, especially in a crowded place with indiscriminate targets.

It seems we are in some bizarre dimension where we have to humor the overgrown children and their toys.
pink bold is debatable.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:39 PM

29,505 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Show me how the AR-15 opening fire on its own.

You shift the responsibility from people to a tool.

Exactly, and these kids marching seem to be forgetting the fact that their peers are doing this. Not the NRA, not the lack of "gun reform" , not the AR-15, not the pro firearms people, not the politicians but a peer. Wouldn't a better start to "never again" be working with your peers to see why these things are happening ? Helping those that are either bullied to the point of breaking , or the mentally ill or both.
There is no doubt in my mind that Cruz was the odd , scary kid but I'm pretty sure he was ridiculed to the point that he broke.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:39 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,758 times
Quote:
Show me how the AR-15 opening fire on its own.

You shift the responsibility from people to a tool.
Because that tool is being used regularly to mass murder people. We can't control who is crazy and who is not but we can reduce the destructive impact a maniac can unleash on the general public. Its a very simple concept that we apply to hundreds of items. From industrial acids to nuclear materials. Its bizarre how people can accept that not allowing nuclear materials in the hands of the general public is a good idea but don't see how this also makes sense when applied to certain firearms.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:40 PM

29,505 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:

Right....I've got many years using handguns and thought I was pretty good, until I started shooting rifles and shotguns....yeah, not so easy as you think.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:40 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Because that tool is being used regularly to mass murder people. We can't control who is crazy and who is not but we can reduce the destructive impact a maniac can unleash on the general public. Its a very simple concept that we apply to hundreds of items. From industrial acids to nuclear materials. Its bizarre how people can accept that not allowing nuclear materials in the hands of the general public is a good idea but don't see how this also makes sense when applied to certain firearms.
Then you need to ban all the guns, not just AR-15. Most mass shooters did not use the AR.

Again, show me how any guns opening fire on their own. You (the general term you) shift the responsibility from PEOPLE to guns. Very odd.

In Cruz case, it turned out, the gunman — 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz, who has since confessed to the shooting — had been reported, dozens of times, to school authorities, the police, and even the FBI.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...orida-shooting

So this whole "we don't know who is crazy" argument is not something I can buy.

Most gun owners are not gun nuts. Most people are moderate. We know that 2nd amendment is not and should never be absolute.

I have couple of revolvers and I don't own any AR-15. But let's say I do own AR-15, taking that away from me will prevent the next school shooting, how? Please enlighten me.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:41 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Yep, nailed it.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
pink bold is debatable.

Only to certified gun nuts, not to anyone rational.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Then you need to ban all the guns, not just AR-15. Most mass shooters did not use the AR.
Not ban, but control.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:43 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,758 times
Quote:
Hence the term "gun nuts".

It's not hyperbole.
I wasn't pro gun control until I started spending time with hardcore gun nuts. They are like walking billboards for gun control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies