Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 06:09 AM

59,521 posts, read 27,665,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Even here, every fully auto firearm I've seen or shot has been legal. The punks that have weapons have ones that are legal too. At the store legal, not necessarily to have in their possession although often they're legal in possession too. That's not the case in countries where firearm ownership is more highly regulated. I don't suggest it would 100% effective but it would be some % effective as evidenced by the lack of machine guns floating around.
So, how many times have a FULL AUTO firearms been used in say the last 10 years in America in committing a crime?

" The punks that have weapons have ones that are legal too."

I don't think PUNKS can afford the license to buy a full auto.

They CERTAINLY would NOT pass the background check.

I think their ownership is very RARE, if at all.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:15 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,510,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
That’s the end game. When that happens, the government will roll over people like Hitler through Belgium.
odd comment, what would be the point of the government rolling over its own citizens if all of a sudden no one had any guns.?

Old 03-26-2018, 06:16 AM

16,375 posts, read 10,543,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"they just can't shake her off."

It's tough to "shake her off" when she is on TV almost every week!

If the left can still talk about W. Bush, and he has been gone for over 9 years, we certainly can still talk about hillary.
I have no idea what you are talking about. Hillary is not on TV every week. If you are seeing that you are watching stations that are dedicated to focusing on her. No Hillary remains your go to move whenever your hero is under attack even though she is no longer relevant.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:17 AM

59,521 posts, read 27,665,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Actually, Vermont has some of the most lenient gun laws...and the least gun violence. Chicago and Illinois have the toughest gun laws...and gun crime is INSANE.
https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...les-c-w-cooke/

So you want POLICE to decide who can and cannot own a gun? Okay...not like the police EVER discriminate against African Americans or anything

See above about Vermont. It has more to do with socio-economics than it does availability of legally purchased guns. That's why Honduras has a LOT more gun crime than Finland. Just look at this table and see: there is NO correlation between guns per residents and number of deaths by firearm per capita.
https://www.theguardian.com/news/dat...hip-world-list
".not like the police EVER discriminate against African Americans or anything"

Some just CAN'T resist playing the race card at EVERY chance they get!

A bunch of 1 trick ponies.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:19 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,621,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
You mean Parents, Students, Teachers, Law makers etc? I agree.....
I mean anyone who participates, or who sits back and watches it happen, particularly those in positions of authority.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:23 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,511,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
One side or the other gets total control of all 3 parts of the Government and collesces the members into 100% compliance. They (whatever side) suspends HC, 3A etc.etc. and attempts forced compliance with whatever law they come up with..... That's why power divided is power controlled. Just like power confused is power controlled

P.S. Was you Father with the Old Breed?
How does one side or the other get total control of all 3 parts of the govt.? I have a Republican Senator and a Democrat Senator. Would they hook up in this conspiracy?

Old 03-26-2018, 06:26 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,621,358 times
VP, you are contradicting yourself all over the place here.

You don't want the police to decide who gets to own a gun, but you want the government to be in charge of mental health screenings for ownership?

I agree with you that there are people who are too unstable to own a firearm, but the idea of the government having a record, possibly permanent, of who passes and who fails is very disturbing, and I say that as someone you probably consider to your left on this issue.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:49 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,295,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
So, how many times have a FULL AUTO firearms been used in say the last 10 years in America in committing a crime?

" The punks that have weapons have ones that are legal too."

I don't think PUNKS can afford the license to buy a full auto.

They CERTAINLY would NOT pass the background check.

I think their ownership is very RARE, if at all.
That was my point.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:58 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,705,884 times
True. Democrats do not believe there is crime,etc. and that the government can protect the citizen. They do not believe in self defense.

Old 03-26-2018, 07:27 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,959,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I've seen a fair number of people on here who condemned anti-bullying efforts as catering to the weak, and encouraging the victims to be "snowflakes." After all, being bullied is just part of life, and only the strong deserve to thrive, right?

I absolutely think that reaching out to kids who are treated as outcasts is part of the solution, but I'm not sure that's going to get a lot of traction with the people who need to hear it.
Agreed. Treat the cause to make a change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies