Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 08:22 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,964,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
You folks always tell us the media is biased to the left. So now you post a link from a conservative online paper using a conservative online polling group asking us to believe their data regarding what Democrats believe. Color me cynical.
Not even to believe their data, since the conservative writer misstates the poll.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:31 AM

39,343 posts, read 27,747,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Are you sure the right would go for it?
yes

Old 03-26-2018, 09:22 AM

11,242 posts, read 8,346,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
The desperation among the few remaining trumpers is quite palpable.
Yeah, this kind of crap is pretty easy to laugh off, but what I've seen them do to the young protesters is really eating at me.

They do anything they can to discredit them:
-They say it is not their message, they are just pawns
-They say "why not speak out against bullying?" (while they support BOTUS-Trump)
-They make up fake-news about people tearing up the constitution

It's really sad. Much like the like in the title of this thread, they lie about everything. I'm not just talking about 'political spin'. That's a lie too, and both parties do it, but these guys on the right take it to new levels. No love for the principles our country was founded upon, just "win at all costs", even if it means selling your integrity.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:16 AM

13,621 posts, read 21,437,694 times
I don't think that most democrats want to, at least people, the politicians well that is a different matter. The problem is the democratic party is now controlled by the left progressives and yes they are really anti gun ownership.

You may recall that at the democratic primaries debates Jim Webb was the only candidate to state that the 2nd is a individual right while the audience and the other candidates scowled at his remark. The democratic party elite doesn't want people like Jim Webb because he isn't progressive liberal enough.

It truly is give them a inch and they will try to take a mile.

Another problem is a lot of people who don't know much about guns is getting filled with buzz lines and words by the media and progressive liberals.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:22 AM

8,181 posts, read 3,735,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
No, they DON'T.

Look up Australia.

Lol. You should look up Australia.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0622114743.htm

Old 03-26-2018, 10:30 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,689,392 times
Quote:
"At the time the Constitution was written the technological gap in firepower between an armed mob of farmers and British Army was quite minuscule. The advantages of a trained army at that time was not in its firepower but in its discipline and structure."

And a bunch or rag tag farmers DEFEATED the biggest and BEST army in the world at the time.

"A group of armed militia men with AR-15's against the might of the US military would result in an absolute slaughter. Go look at what happened at Waco for further proof."

You are ASSUMING all those in the military would go along with the gov't and NOT desert to the other side taking their weapons with them.

"So why are all of the gun nuts"

You LOST any credibility you THOUGHT you had right there.

"When you have to resort to insults, you have already LOST the discussion.
You are right about that, but how did it get to this point? Do you actually think they would be passing tyrannical laws if the general public was as equally armed as the US military?!!

Govt gained the upper hand in terms of firepower and weapons,ONLY because the public was brainwashed into believing that was for the best, it was for the general health and safety of the public that SOME weapons only be available to Govt/ Law enforcement...and GEE what happened after that, Govt becomes tyrannical!

A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. Which would include their own government.” – George Washington

Old 03-26-2018, 10:36 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,689,392 times
Quote:
So, how many times have a FULL AUTO firearms been used in say the last 10 years in America in committing a crime?

" The punks that have weapons have ones that are legal too."

I don't think PUNKS can afford the license to buy a full auto.

They CERTAINLY would NOT pass the background check.

I think their ownership is very RARE, if at all.
Really?

The AK47 is the most mass produced and widely used assault weapon ON THE PLANET, PLENTY have been made since 1986 and Im sure PLENTY are coming into the US.

Its nonsense to think otherwise actually! Heroin is a great example, there are very tough laws on its sale and possession, but at the same time, numerous cities and states have heroin epidemics going on, so even though its extremely illegal, ENOUGH is coming in CONSISTENTLY, to lead to epidemics.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:57 AM

16,173 posts, read 10,857,191 times
I suspect that political party affiliation has less to do with support for gun restrictions than OP thinks. The extreme position would be to ban all guns but most people know that won't happen and most don't want it to happen. It is unrestricted sale, access, and possession of assault weapons that most people want banned regardless of what the NRA keeps spewing out. Many of these people are gun owners who are fed up with the weekly attacks on schools or other public places. I know more people who have died from gunshot wounds than have been killed in auto wrecks. The number of friends and family who are survivors of victims killed or gravely wounded in school or other public shootings or kids who witnessed school shootings is climbing into the millions. We are approaching a political tipping point but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

In some parallel universe where the USA does not have a ****-eyed second amendment and firearms were limited to police, military and (with tight regulation) licensed hunters or target shooters there would be much less crime and fear in society and fewer sickos sitting in the dark fondling their "heat" waiting for the imaginary enemy to come knocking on the door.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:02 AM

14,488 posts, read 6,125,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I suspect that political party affiliation has less to do with support for gun restrictions than OP thinks. The extreme position would be to ban all guns but most people know that won't happen and most don't want it to happen. It is unrestricted sale, access, and possession of assault weapons that most people want banned regardless of what the NRA keeps spewing out. Many of these people are gun owners who are fed up with the weekly attacks on schools or other public places. I know more people who have died from gunshot wounds than have been killed in auto wrecks. The number of friends and family who are survivors of victims killed or gravely wounded in school or other public shootings or kids who witnessed school shootings is climbing into the millions. We are approaching a political tipping point but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

In some parallel universe where the USA does not have a ****-eyed second amendment and firearms were limited to police, military and (with tight regulation) licensed hunters or target shooters there would be much less crime and fear in society and fewer sickos sitting in the dark fondling their "heat" waiting for the imaginary enemy to come knocking on the door.
most shootings are not caused by assault weapons

Old 03-26-2018, 11:07 AM

50,540 posts, read 47,334,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post

We bought semi-auto long guns all through the Federal "ban" that started in 94. I know people have a hard time wrapping their heads around that but it's all true. We have a AW ban here in CA yet I can go buy one at any local store.

Maybe the word ban isn't the word ya'all should be using.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies