Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 01:25 PM

12,971 posts, read 9,670,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
If Liberals would have it their way, they would want all guns banned. But in reality, its just utopian pipe dream; puppy dogs, rainbows and lollipops.
That's not true and I don't know why people on the right love to think that way. I have many many friends, family, and coworkers who are liberals or democrats that own guns, and love to hunt. My cousin is a gun nut and probably owns abut $200,000.00 in guns thus far, he absolutely love guns and always buying and collecting. My father and uncles and others in the family always had guns while I was growing up. For the life of me, I'll never get why people on the right love to say things like this.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:50 PM

3,840 posts, read 3,071,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Half of the Democrats admit they want to ban, and confiscate all guns. The other have think it, but just won't admit it.

The other half is actually out committing crimes with their guns. They will get to keep their guns. Good guys have to turn theirs in to the Mommy State.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:10 PM

16,618 posts, read 8,625,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Hmm. I bet 50% of the GOP wish to disarm all gun owners. They just don't say so.

Most (R's) are defenders of our Constitution and traditional America. Needless to say most of our history is filled with citizens owning and even carrying firearms around.
It is the liberals or "progressives" that want a nanny state from cradle to grave, and the only way to achieve that is to destroy the principles of our constitutional republic by having an all powerful federal government.

In the not too distant past, the NRA supported a 60-40 mix of R's & D's, because many D's still supported gun rights.
However when the (D's) turned hard left and started belittling guns, religion, marriage and the like, they started to lose most elections. Heck Gore was the first example, and had he won his own home state (if not for the gun issue), he would have been potus.
Bush screwed things up and created a perfect storm to allow such an anti-American like Obama to be elected. Heck he couldn't even keep his own biases against the aforementioned groups to himself, when he said;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmaetv5QtJA

In regard to many modern Democrats, they are learning the hard way that members of their own party are gun owners, and the hard leftists are the ones who want a total ban. Rest assured that is why the liberals tone down their rhetoric, because they know the big 3 G's of God, guns and gays will sink them with most people if they campaign on what they really believe.

`

Old 03-26-2018, 02:27 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,983,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
VP, you are contradicting yourself all over the place here.

You don't want the police to decide who gets to own a gun, but you want the government to be in charge of mental health screenings for ownership?
As in the government could pay for a shrink to screen people, but the shrink is a non-government worker. The police, on the other hand, do work directly for the government.

Quote:
I agree with you that there are people who are too unstable to own a firearm, but the idea of the government having a record, possibly permanent, of who passes and who fails is very disturbing, and I say that as someone you probably consider to your left on this issue.
Which is why I said they should be able to get a second opinion, and it should probably be up for re-testing in a few years if they fail.

Reading is fundamental.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:29 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
That's not true and I don't know why people on the right love to think that way. I have many many friends, family, and coworkers who are liberals or democrats that own guns, and love to hunt. My cousin is a gun nut and probably owns abut $200,000.00 in guns thus far, he absolutely love guns and always buying and collecting. My father and uncles and others in the family always had guns while I was growing up. For the life of me, I'll never get why people on the right love to say things like this.
Have you not watched the news as of late? The protesting? The message I got was clear, and that was to ban all guns.

Your party is doing an awesome job in conveying that message. What are Americans suppose to think when you see 1000's of these signs to ban guns? They sure aren't out there to ban bullets or bump stocks or to get exercise, LOl

Not true? if so, they're absolutely clueless in their protesting.

Just remember, progressive Liberals ALWAYS want to ban something gun related. Always!

Old 03-26-2018, 02:36 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,554,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
When Trump was running around talking about "illegals" and saying how he was "not racist against Latinos...just against illegals," progressives by and large did not believe him and thought he was just against all brown people.

Well, now those same progressives expect me and everyone else when they say "we don't want to ban all guns...just the cool ones" (I'm paraphrasing obviously)

As it turns out, about half of all Democrats want ALL guns banned

Source:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/s...o-ban-all-guns

So next time some Marxist buffoon tells you they don't want "all guns banned," remember this.

And for the record, I do not own a semi-automatic long rifle (yet) but I do own one of these...and no way in hell am I saying goodbye to my baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KenD8fEh6LE

Yes, a six shooter revolver...THIS IS WHAT MOST OF THE PEOPLE AT THOSE RALLIES WANT BANNED AND CONFISCATED! This is what we are dealing with here, people. Never forget that!
Okay: you love your "baby." How very troglodyte of you. Aside from that, this is what is quoted in the dubious article you link to:

"Of that number, YouGov found that 73 percent of self-identified Democrats “strongly” favor banning semi-automatic firearms. The survey found that an additional nine percent “somewhat” favor a ban of that sort.

Translation: 82 percent of surveyed Democrats say they favor a ban on semi-automatics, which would include not just rifles like the one used in the Feb. 14 Parkland massacre, which claimed the lives of 17 people, but also most handguns."

Explain this to me: Are most handguns also semi-automatic firearms? Because that's what this says.

And, sorry, no, Democrats do not want to take your little toys away from you. We fully support the Second Amendment, but nobody who isn't a soldier fighting a war needs a semi-automatic weapon.

What is wrong with you gun nuts? When I was growing up in Texas, practically everybody had guns, but they didn't call them their "babies" or fetishize them in the bizarre way that you people do. It was a gun, it had a purpose, period. And no self-respecting, fully sane gun owner thinks that banning semi-automatics is the same thing as banning all guns.

Last edited by OrganicSmallHome; 03-26-2018 at 02:46 PM..

Old 03-26-2018, 02:55 PM

34,240 posts, read 18,603,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Tide is turning. See how many people turned out yesterday nationwide in favor of gun control. They weren't all Dems.
200K of the indoctrinated turned out. Meanwhile how many legal guns were sold?

Old 03-26-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Okay: you love your "baby." How very troglodyte of you. Aside from that, this is what is quoted in the dubious article you link to:

"Of that number, YouGov found that 73 percent of self-identified Democrats “strongly” favor banning semi-automatic firearms. The survey found that an additional nine percent “somewhat” favor a ban of that sort.

Translation: 82 percent of surveyed Democrats say they favor a ban on semi-automatics, which would include not just rifles like the one used in the Feb. 14 Parkland massacre, which claimed the lives of 17 people, but also most handguns."

Explain this to me: Are most handguns also semi-automatic firearms? Because that's what this says.

And, sorry, no, Democrats do not want to take your little toys away from you. We fully support the Second Amendment, but nobody who isn't a soldier fighting a war needs a semi-automatic weapon.

What is wrong with you gun nuts? When I was growing up in Texas, practically everybody had guns, but they didn't call them their "babies" or fetishize them in the bizarre way that you people do. It was a gun, it had a purpose, period. And no self-respecting, fully sane gun owner thinks that banning semi-automatics is the same thing as banning all guns.
Thats basically almost ALL guns. Who carries revolvers other than Barney Fife? Lol

@anyrate, joking aside, banning semi automatics is unconstitutional and would need a radical amendment change (just not going to happen) furthermore...unenforceable even if the 2A was to be amended. Like I said before, its equivalent to a bunch of white supremacist protesting to bring back slavery. Just not going to happen here in America.

Old 03-26-2018, 03:52 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
I'm a liberal and I don't think the US should ban guns. That would go against the 2A.

If the US disregards the 2A, why not another? And then another?

The Constitution was put in place for a reason, and it contains things that are necessary to prevent the US from ending up a dictatorship.

Let's not compromise that in any way.

It's a lot easier to prevent a dictatorship than to stop one that takes root.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'm a liberal and I don't think the US should ban guns. That would go against the 2A.

If the US disregards the 2A, why not another? And then another?

The Constitution was put in place for a reason, and it contains things that are necessary to prevent the US from ending up a dictatorship.

Let's not compromise that in any way.

It's a lot easier to prevent a dictatorship than to stop one that takes root.
The 2nd amendment reinforces all other amendments, especially the 1st; without it, our bill of rights are meaningless.

So when I see these protestors wanting to go into the 2A and start gutting it (deciding for you that you should only have sharp sticks or a 5 gallon bucket of rocks) I just shake my head. Just efn clueless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.