Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 09:37 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Why not a princess with a penis? Smh
One of the line items in the tweet was a Princess Trans, so they beat [sic] you to it.

What has motivated the progs to come out of the closet and reveal their true intentions? They are shamelessly espousing they actually do want to repeal amendments, don't give a twit about fixing immigration, completely turned their back on fixing the DACA issue (saving that one for November I guess) and a myriad of other issues that just two years ago they denied emphatically.

Proof they are not only targeting teens but grade school kids. I guess indoctrination can never start early enough.

Could you imagine the rioting in the streets if a conservative entity had said "we need a more conservative Princess" or a "Libertarian Princess"?

OMG the earth would be crashing in on itself.

How is it they say these insane things and all is forgiven and forgotten when they quickly remove it? It doesn't change the fact they actually meant what they tweeted. It's shameful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 10:18 AM

1,065 posts, read 597,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
A new step forward in the culture wars...courtesy of Planned Parenthood of course

From The Wrap -

A Pennsylvania branch of Planned Parenthood raised eyebrows Tuesday after tweeting that Disney should widen its animated princesses to include one “who’s had an abortion” and “an undocumented immigrant.”

“We need a Disney princess who’s had an abortion. We need a Disney princess who’s pro-choice. We need a Disney princess who’s an undocumented immigrant. We need a disney princess who’s actually a union worker. We need a Disney princess who’s trans,” the account for Planned Parenthood of Keystone, Pennsylvania tweeted on Tuesday morning.

https://www.thewrap.com/planned-pare...d-an-abortion/

You have to wonder why the Princess would ever want an abortion in the first place.
Disney is sexist. They even tried to ruin The King And I with bogus romance when it was a culture clash story. Sure, they can find a princess, one in three women abort their pregnancies after all. What about a prince, huh? There are a lot of dudes that contributed to an abortion. This more sexism from Disney, basically. And oh, and obviously a discussion about an abortion requires sex education for which Disney needs to stay out of.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:25 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
But it expressed the thinking of a Planned Parenthood official. Do you not see how utterly inappropriate it would be for cartoon characters geared for 5 year olds to include a history of abortion in their persona? 5 year olds. Those are the ones playing princess in their make believe world. How could anyone at PP think it would be appropriate?

It's a tweet. No, I don't think it would be appropriate.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:35 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
funny, have yet to see you post anything from your impartiality soapbox that wasn't focused on bashing the left
Um, I was just defending the left in the post you responded to. That you didn't pick up on that is par for the general point. If you don't like my soapbox tough, I have to see thread after thread get derailed by rabid partisans, even if I have 50 of them on ignore right now so excuse me if I point out how annoying it is.

You're in good company though, the far right often got mad at me for defending Obama from the crazy claims. It's not my fault that it's apparently the far-lefts turn to lose their minds, don't post stupid stuff and you won't get *bashed*.

If you care to stroll up to the elections forum or run a search you can find me posting about how I doubt the dems take the senate but how I hope they take the house to balance things out. You can find my other posts about how although I disliked Hillary, I would have taken her over Trump. Or you could see how I don't think Trump will even win the primary in 2020, let alone beat a democrat.

Oooooh, what left bashing those points are, assuming you read those correctly which is questionable.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:43 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
A new step forward in the culture wars...courtesy of Planned Parenthood of course

From The Wrap -

A Pennsylvania branch of Planned Parenthood raised eyebrows Tuesday after tweeting that Disney should widen its animated princesses to include one “who’s had an abortion” and “an undocumented immigrant.”

“We need a Disney princess who’s had an abortion. We need a Disney princess who’s pro-choice. We need a Disney princess who’s an undocumented immigrant. We need a disney princess who’s actually a union worker. We need a Disney princess who’s trans,” the account for Planned Parenthood of Keystone, Pennsylvania tweeted on Tuesday morning.

https://www.thewrap.com/planned-pare...d-an-abortion/

You have to wonder why the Princess would ever want an abortion in the first place.
A "princess" means the person is from a ROYAL FAMILY. She would have no reason to be an illegal alien or union worker.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:38 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If the idea is to be real and mimic society my vote would be to do away with princesses all together. How many princesses do you know. What is it with pushing all this princess worship on little girls. I think to odds of growing up to be a princess today are slim to none.
The PP person who did the tweet may want a world of only realism rather than make believe, but little kids like make believe. It's fun. It encourages their imagination. They have a whole lifetime as adults to deal with reality, but childhood is a time where they can let their imaginations wander and pretend they are something that they are not.

My granddaughters (3 & 5) love making believe I'm their horse that they're taking for a ride, and sometimes I'm a fish in the sea that they're taking for a ride. They name me. The younger one tells me to go faster and then gives me a speeding ticket when I do, giggling the whole time. They may put on princess costumes and I'm their chariot. Or one will become a rock that I can't climb over. The iterations of where their minds take them are endless There is no place for abortion in any of this make believe. They're little girls and they like their princesses.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:03 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Some of the responses to the tweet are hilarious ... hilariously ignorant.

Some people still haven't gotten it through their thick heads that the federal government does not fund abortions, nor does it "fund" Planned Parenthood other than by reimbursing each individual branch for health care services (other than abortions) provided through Medicaid, Medicare and Title X.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:23 PM

977 posts, read 567,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
It.was.a.tweet. Re-frigging-lax.
Sure, but if a conservative group had tweeted that Disney needs a princess who's a KKK member, would you be relaxed?

Old 03-28-2018, 01:26 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stremba View Post
Sure, but if a conservative group had tweeted that Disney needs a princess who's a KKK member, would you be relaxed?
Or even just mainstream positions like Pro legal gun ownership, for secure borders, anti Identity politics, etc. They would flip out.

Old 03-28-2018, 02:17 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
The PP person who did the tweet may want a world of only realism rather than make believe, but little kids like make believe. It's fun. It encourages their imagination. They have a whole lifetime as adults to deal with reality, but childhood is a time where they can let their imaginations wander and pretend they are something that they are not.

My granddaughters (3 & 5) love making believe I'm their horse that they're taking for a ride, and sometimes I'm a fish in the sea that they're taking for a ride. They name me. The younger one tells me to go faster and then gives me a speeding ticket when I do, giggling the whole time. They may put on princess costumes and I'm their chariot. Or one will become a rock that I can't climb over. The iterations of where their minds take them are endless There is no place for abortion in any of this make believe. They're little girls and they like their princesses.

Hey, I totally agree. My post was mostly sarcasm. I really don't give a hoot what any individual tweets.
I never had girls but at this point in my life finally I have great nieces and other little girls around. I admit they are a bit of an oddity to me with their infatuation with princesses but I still get a kick out of it and like to share in their innocent princess fantasies.

And no, abortion or other adult topics have no place in make believe. Those Disney princesses have enough problems with being attacked by evil stepmothers, kidnapped, locked in towers, cursed, espoused to people they don't love, and so forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies