Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 08:08 PM

38,933 posts, read 24,010,918 times

Advertisements

This was just about the dumbest thing I've seen. And I have seen stupid inclusion issues for movies including Disney. I mean remember people wanting Elsa to be gay issue? I'm like, isn't the allegory of her powers being an alegory to homosexuality (like the plague easter egg in Beauty & the Beast live action movie) enough? I'm mostly fine with choices if someone wants to change a movie if they make sense in the movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 09:07 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,963,793 times
[quote=Dockside;51443821]A new step forward in the culture wars...courtesy of Planned Parenthood of course

From The Wrap -

A Pennsylvania branch of Planned Parenthood raised eyebrows Tuesday after tweeting that Disney should widen its animated princesses to include one “who’s had an abortion” and “an undocumented immigrant.”

“We need a Disney princess who’s had an abortion. We need a Disney princess who’s pro-choice. We need a Disney princess who’s an undocumented immigrant. We need a disney princess who’s actually a union worker. We need a Disney princess who’s trans,” the account for Planned Parenthood of Keystone, Pennsylvania tweeted on Tuesday morning.

__________________________________________________ __

What's needed is a princess...but not some kind of da#n fairy...

One who is REAL, with problems, issues, serious decisions to make, battles to fight...one that makes mistakes or excels in some real way....you know, like REAL LIFE princesses.

Old 03-28-2018, 09:11 PM

5,886 posts, read 3,243,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Its none of your damn business what two consenting adults agree to. Stop trying to be the morality police.
Its not my business, those are my opinions. I don't care if hoes are hoes. But when society starts glorifying hoeing, then we gots a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You didn't read the article did you -- lol.....that was mentioned

"Princess who is trans".
OMG did you just assume theyz gender? (sorry, I don't know all the NewSpeak pronouns).

Why do you assume its a man who is pretending to be a woman and dresses up like one? It could be a woman that is pretending to be a man but still dresses as a woman? Like a really butch lesbian princess that likes pegging princes.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:28 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,819,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Some of the responses to the tweet are hilarious ... hilariously ignorant.

Some people still haven't gotten it through their thick heads that the federal government does not fund abortions, nor does it "fund" Planned Parenthood other than by reimbursing each individual branch for health care services (other than abortions) provided through Medicaid, Medicare and Title X.
Then planned parenthood should create two entities separate from each other.

The non-prof that does good for women's health.

The abortion mill side which gets zero public funding.

This would make their business more transparent and honest.

A is, it is just one big basket of deplorable hiding behind good works.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:38 AM

36,832 posts, read 31,112,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Then planned parenthood should create two entities separate from each other.

The non-prof that does good for women's health.

The abortion mill side which gets zero public funding.

This would make their business more transparent and honest.

A is, it is just one big basket of deplorable hiding behind good works.

Basically they do. Title X federal funding does not pay for abortions. Medicaid (state controlled money) does for rape, incest and life threatening situations, and some states allow for "medical necessity).
What makes you think providing abortions for women seeking abortions for rape, incest, to save their life or for other medical necessities is not good works for those women.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:22 PM

13,634 posts, read 21,449,419 times
I say a princess who is a NRA member with a AR-15

Old 03-29-2018, 12:51 PM

174 posts, read 113,659 times
ok. I'm probably going to get hate for this, but I really don't think the American media should be portraying women as anything other than skinny, young, and preferably white.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:08 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,363,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I say a princess who is a NRA member with a AR-15
Holding up the antlered head of the big buck she just shot.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:16 PM

39,414 posts, read 27,790,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
A new step forward in the culture wars...courtesy of Planned Parenthood of course

From The Wrap -

A Pennsylvania branch of Planned Parenthood raised eyebrows Tuesday after tweeting that Disney should widen its animated princesses to include one “who’s had an abortion” and “an undocumented immigrant.”

“We need a Disney princess who’s had an abortion. We need a Disney princess who’s pro-choice. We need a Disney princess who’s an undocumented immigrant. We need a disney princess who’s actually a union worker. We need a Disney princess who’s trans,” the account for Planned Parenthood of Keystone, Pennsylvania tweeted on Tuesday morning.

https://www.thewrap.com/planned-pare...d-an-abortion/

You have to wonder why the Princess would ever want an abortion in the first place.
The Grimm brothers created several undocumented princesses.

Rapunzel is one. She also got pregnant before marriage.

You'd never find a princess who had an abortion though. What is the point? How silly?

Old 03-29-2018, 01:16 PM

36,832 posts, read 31,112,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatomicbomb90 View Post
ok. I'm probably going to get hate for this, but I really don't think the American media should be portraying women as anything other than skinny, young, and preferably white.
I thought we as a society was trying to get away from that.

Should American media only portray men as buffed, young and white? Or tall, rich and handsome.
That's just crazy talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies