Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 07:32 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,835,397 times

Advertisements

They are libertarians, I have known that for years. If you think that makes them the same as Trump cult of personality members you are mistaken. I got little to no beef with libertarians, but the Trump admin is an abomination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 07:33 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
REPUBLICANS!
And?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEiWU1MbBfk

Old 03-29-2018, 07:46 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times
A lot of people like how South Park lampoons both sides. It looks like this new Roseanne show is the same way, making jokes about both sides. This is a better approach in my opinion than the approach taken by leftist TV comedians, who are extremely one sided and downright mean spirited when it comes to political issues. Scathing mockery dripping with utter contempt seems to be the order of the day with them, and that is a clear decision to intentionally exclude half of their potential audience.

I know they are getting good ratings by preaching to the choir but I do wonder if they are leaving some untapped potential ratings out there in their drive to put their agenda ahead of inclusiveness. They were one sided when Obama was president too though and their ratings suffered for it, so maybe ratings isn't the most important thing at the end of the day. They'll take the ratings when they can, but it's more about getting a message out and getting ideas in people's heads.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:53 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,903 times
the rabid hate for all things GOP in hollywood would make it tough to come out

Old 03-29-2018, 08:00 AM

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
My experience with both Republicans and Democrats in the Mountain West is that members of both parties tend to lean more towards a libertarian point of view than members in other locales.

I remember attending a community meeting that was sponsored by a couple of the Democratic state reps from my area when I still lived in New Mexico where one of them asked if anyone in attendance cared about or had any objections to guns being allowed in state parks.

Everyone just shrugged.

Lots of issues that many on the right like to believe are true of ALL Democrats across the country are just not true of many Democrats in the Mountain West.
Similarly, many issues seemingly all important to Republicans elsewhere aren't so important here either.
It's why you have people like Cory Gardner (R) so adamantly opposed to Jeff Sessions' threats about marijuana.

It always good to remember that politics still really are local.
If they keep voting democrat in national elections they can kiss their guns in parks goodbye. Sometimes you have to make a hard choice.

With second amendment at risk, "libertarians" need to put down the vape and think about what is at risk. I suspect most of them don't really care.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:42 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
REPUBLICANS!

After receiving a ‘Freedom Award’ from Norman Lear’s left-wing organization People for the American Way Foundation, the pair apparently revealed their true political persuasion.

‘South Park’ Creators Stun Hollywood Crowd: ‘We’re Republicans’
it's not a huge shock. i wouldn't have thought they were Republicans, necessarily, but I can tell they lean conservative.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:48 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,528,293 times
So between South Park and Rosanne, does this mean that Republicans can start watching television again (I mean stop pretending that they don't watch television- they seem to know every time there is some 'leftist' issue on any program).

Old 03-29-2018, 08:50 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The Tea Party movement wasn't about to make the mistake the Perot people made by splitting the conservative vote.

That's what gave us the Clintons.

Instead, we took the Republican Party from the elites and RINOs.

Now it's ours.

The blue-collar pro-American political forces that put Trump in the White House and forced never-Trumpers into early retirement have set the Republican Party's agenda.

Try to keep up burdell!
And yet you championed a racist if not race-baiting elitist crook who is as crooked if not more so than the Clintons ever were.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:50 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Would be cooler if they said they are Trump supporters and pulled out MAGA hats and put them on .

Half the crowd would probably start hyperventilating.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:52 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And yet you championed a racist if not race-baiting elitist crook who is as crooked if not more so than the Clintons ever were.
Uh huh . He was a top leader in the KKK in NYC . They’d burn crosses in Central Park ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies