Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 09:21 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,661,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
REPUBLICANS!

After receiving a ‘Freedom Award’ from Norman Lear’s left-wing organization People for the American Way Foundation, the pair apparently revealed their true political persuasion.

‘South Park’ Creators Stun Hollywood Crowd: ‘We’re Republicans’
nope they are libertarians and have been for the longest time. Funny you thought this was news, it really isn't.

the proof it there, right in their work, try watching it and you will see their beliefs. Frankly they hate extremists who are intolerant of difference that includes a massive number Rs and Ls...

and to be completely clear, they are NOT Trumpers, they are libertarians and have publicly stated it for years and their work makes this clear to most anyone who actually watched a reasonable amount of their shows.

they are 100% not aligned with trumpism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 09:21 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,343,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This is from 2010 where they admit to hating liberals more than conservatives.
That makes them Republican. LOL

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/..._n_475744.html
Exactly. It's only news if you haven't been paying attention.

Although I did think they identified more as Libertarians than Republicans. Whatever.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:25 AM

48,709 posts, read 35,196,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
There was a term coined up a few years, South Park Republican. I don't think it was started by the creators, probably started by fans. IIRC, a South Park Republican is:

center right
nationalism but a hint of libertarian
socially liberal, gay marriage, abortion, etc

I think a lot of people are in that camp, and I do not find it shocking that South Park creators identify with that group.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-29-2018, 09:46 AM

28,152 posts, read 30,148,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Some of the stuff in "Book of Mormon" is brutally on point.

"...I believe that in 1978 God changed his mind about Black people..."
God didn't change His mind. Men did. God never instituted the priesthood ban in the first place.

(I did enjoy the musical, though, despite the crude language and gestures. Saw it in London.)

Old 03-29-2018, 11:15 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,750,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARaider08 View Post
Guys who invented South Park...

Why is anyone surprised that they'd align Republican?

At all?

Have you seen South Park?
YES, considering how sick and disgusting so many shows of South Park are, no doubt most Republicans don't want anything to do with welcoming the creators to the Republican Party.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:25 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,913,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
There’s got to be more republicans in Hollywood . Most are just afraid to come out .

Being Republican is like the new gay .

So did they vote for Trump?
Agree, just as so many were afraid to come out regarding sexual abuse, out of fear of being ostracized.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:37 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,427,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
REPUBLICANS!

After receiving a ‘Freedom Award’ from Norman Lear’s left-wing organization People for the American Way Foundation, the pair apparently revealed their true political persuasion.

‘South Park’ Creators Stun Hollywood Crowd: ‘We’re Republicans’
I've been hearing that for years...never stopped me from watching (and enjoying) South Park. (I'm not a Republican.)

Old 03-29-2018, 01:51 PM

7,712 posts, read 4,772,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
There’s got to be more republicans in Hollywood . Most are just afraid to come out .

Being Republican is like the new gay .

So did they vote for Trump?
Nailed it. The most important poll I saw in 2016 was one where they asked people "Are you going to vote for Donald Trump?". Somewhere around 30% said "yes". Then they asked "Is your neighbor going to vote for Donald Trump?". Somewhere around 60% said "yes" to that one.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:57 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,343,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Nailed it. The most important poll I saw in 2016 was one where they asked people "Are you going to vote for Donald Trump?". Somewhere around 30% said "yes". Then they asked "Is your neighbor going to vote for Donald Trump?". Somewhere around 60% said "yes" to that one.
Huh. You'd think he would have gotten more votes than Hillary if that were really true.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:01 PM

18,482 posts, read 7,146,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
There was a term coined up a few years, South Park Republican. I don't think it was started by the creators, probably started by fans. IIRC, a South Park Republican is:

center right
nationalism but a hint of libertarian
socially liberal, gay marriage, abortion, etc

In other words...........Normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies