Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 03:51 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's hilarious that nita is arguing about how accepting of gays the GOP is in a thread that is about how the party is locking gays out of their convention. This is the willful ignorance you get with conservatives.
Willful ignorance is you repeating a lie over and over again. The party has not locked out gays.

Do you have any reading comprehension at all?

Old 04-19-2018, 04:55 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Willful ignorance is you repeating a lie over and over again. The party has not locked out gays.

Do you have any reading comprehension at all?
That's right, they are welcomed to attend the conference and they are certainly welcomed to vote for the Republican candidates. But the GOP doesn't have any interest in hearing their views.

Very good, you have aptly noted the inferior status they are being granted by the Texas GOP. Their votes are good enough, but they are not good enough; not to have a seat at the table or even a booth at their convention.

Yeah, I bet the Log Cabin Republicans feel so much better now.

Old 04-19-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
This is very disappointing....
This is your party. I hope you are not surprised by this. If you are, you have had your head in the sand for a long, long time.

Old 04-19-2018, 05:07 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
That's right, they are welcomed to attend the conference and they are certainly welcomed to vote for the Republican candidates. But the GOP doesn't have any interest in hearing their views.

Very good, you have aptly noted the inferior status they are being granted by the Texas GOP. .
There are plenty of things to criticize the GOP for without telling lies. I did not defend their booth prohibition.

And you don't know if they have interest in hearing their views.

Old 04-19-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
There are plenty of things to criticize the GOP for without telling lies. I did not defend their booth prohibition.

And you don't know if they have interest in hearing their views.
Prohibiting them from having a booth at their convention tells us all exactly how important their views on anything are.

As in, not important at all.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:59 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,504,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I say BULL!! Have you even known a Log Cabin Republican personally or straight Republicans that do accept people regardless of their color, sexual orientation, religion or gender? I am guessing, probably not. we have a foster daughter that is a lesbian, married to her lesbian wife and their roommate is a lesbian. 2 of the 3 are Republicans. It takes more than social issues to make us part of a political party. This idea that Republicans do not accept gays is so false it isn't funny. Of course there are still some that do not accept them, but more and more people are changing their minds and attitudes. What most do not accept is flaunting one sexual orientation.

Yes, I actually have. I wasn't speaking of individual Republicans or even conservatives. I know plenty of Republicans who either don't care one way or another about this or are gay advocates! My point is the Texas GOP has left them. Your last sentence is very telling however. I'm a married and straight, do I flaunt my sexual orientation if I hold my husband's hand? Give him a quick kiss in public? What exactly is "flaunting"?

Old 04-19-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Do you not understand what this thread is discussing? The Texas GOP has banned the Log Cabin Republicans from their convention simply because they are gay. How do you reconcile their actions with your claim that "this idea that Republicans do not accept gays is so false it isn't funny"? Please explain how banning people from participating is the same as accepting them.
Exactly. I'm not calling out individual people who happen to be Republican but rather the Texas GOP which has made it's position VERY clear. And has for 20 years.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Prohibiting them from having a booth at their convention tells us all exactly how important their views on anything are.

As in, not important at all.
As is their official platform in Texas and nationally. It's quite clear.

Old 04-22-2018, 07:26 PM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times
I live in Georgia. I know all about what is going on. Sad, and disgusting. But not surprising.

Old 04-22-2018, 07:29 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
To bad them and the Antifa losers counter-protesting couldn't have wiped each other out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies