Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 12:03 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Most white men may not be in powerful positions ~ but most powerful positions are filled with white men. White men have long ruled this country.
Well whites are the majority of the population even today in America .

Also what’s often not mentioned is that those whites often worked their butt off to get there. There is a lot less inheriting a bunch of money or inheriting some position . Everyone sees the end result .. but not all the work that let up to it .

Just like a white female or a black or Hispanic person that gets into one of those powerful positions .

A lot of the most successful people in America are self made regardless of race /gender.

I say if you take advantage of all the opportunities available and then can’t succeed to your expectations then you have a right to complain .

Also not everyone wants a powerful position regardless of race .

Old 04-06-2018, 12:04 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I haven't always lived in TN. I've lived most of my life in very large, diverse, northern cities. The truth is that you're a man, and men continue to hold all the REAL power in the world, and I don't see that ever changing. As a woman, I accepted that long, long ago.

I'm not suggesting the frustrations you feel aren't perfectly legitimate; in fact, I think they are. But you're blaming the wrong people. Because, even though "conservatives" and "liberals" are constantly at each other's throats in the United States, the real problems that affect most of us are about socioeconomic class, not politics or race. Instead of directing your anger at the Liberal Bogeyman, send it to the 1% in this who controls EVERYTHING and who enacts policies that further THEIR best interests, no one else's. You've all been duped. Big time.
Hmm, hard to say.

I've posted in another thread that this country, or maybe this world is divided by class, not by race. Residinghere (actually, I really like this poster, and I think she is a very reasonable and educated poster) said that in this country, race still trumps class for black Americans. A white man drives a Maserati will be treated a lot better than a black man with a Maserati. (this is her words, not mine)

I am not disagreeing with her, actually, judging by the comments, I honestly believe maybe race does trump class in this country.

There are certainly a lot of people still believe white men created all these problems in the world. Race Trumps Class.

Like forcing people to acknowledge their white privilege, what's up with that? If a homeless white man does not feel "privileged" who am I to tell him that he does?

Old 04-06-2018, 12:07 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Quote:
I haven't always lived in TN. I've lived most of my life in very large, diverse, northern cities. The truth is that you're a man, and men continue to hold all the REAL power in the world, and I don't see that ever changing. As a woman, I accepted that long, long ago.

I'm not suggesting the frustrations you feel aren't perfectly legitimate; in fact, I think they are. But you're blaming the wrong people. Because, even though "conservatives" and "liberals" are constantly at each other's throats in the United States, the real problems that affect most of us are about socioeconomic class, not politics or race. Instead of directing your anger at the Liberal Bogeyman, send it to the 1% in this who controls EVERYTHING and who enacts policies that further THEIR best interests, no one else's. You've all been duped. Big time.
I actually agree with you . Money makes the difference . Think OJ would of gotten away with murder if he didn’t hire the best lawyers money can buy?

There is another thread here about a JayZ saying we need to talk about white male priviledge .

JayZ is a lot more privileged than almost anyone . It’s stuff like that said by liberals like JayZ that is divisive .

Remember he was a big Clinton supporter and performed a concert for her.

Old 04-06-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:

But conservatives and liberals are constantly at each other's throats.

This is the problem. Let's face it, none of us has the real power here, maybe we just need to convince each other that we don't need to play the divide and conquer game politicians want to play. I don't think it is going to happen anytime soon.

Both of our political parties have been transformed from "I'm better" to "I'm right" to "they are wrong"

The purpose of democracy is to elevate the best advocates of the common interest as representatives of the people. Unfortunately for the humans among us, genuine democracy has no champions; it offers no rewards for individuals or groups.

Politicians stepped into the void. They have long known that the path to power lays, not in seeking the best interests of the people, but in building a power base.

Old 04-06-2018, 12:14 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
There is such an aggressive and RACIST narrative going on, blaming White Men for everything and making them the ENEMY and implying that they are better off than everyone else....
But most White Men are not in positions of power.
Most White Men are faceless employees in small companies, or blue-collar workers or unemployed or homeless.
Imagine how they feel when they are told they are America's Enemy....
Pure racism, and sexism.
Uh, did you ever hear of the 1%.
That was the LEFT mentioning that a very small club controls the economy and the country.

Now, a middle school math lesson. I don't know why I have to give so many of these - seems quite obvious.

IF we are discussing the 1%, we are naturally saying that only a tiny percentage of PEOPLE (white, black, yellow, red or purple) are in control.

Get it? Good.
Thanks. And you are welcome for the math instruction.

Old 04-06-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Uh, did you ever hear of the 1%.
That was the LEFT mentioning that a very small club controls the economy and the country.

Now, a middle school math lesson. I don't know why I have to give so many of these - seems quite obvious.

IF we are discussing the 1%, we are naturally saying that only a tiny percentage of PEOPLE (white, black, yellow, red or purple) are in control.

Get it? Good.
Thanks. And you are welcome for the math instruction.
well, then have the balls to hold the 1% accountable. Why bother forcing others to admit their so called white privilege? Makes no sense.

Why bother forcing the modern day people to apologize for something somebody else did almost 100 years ago? sheesh

Old 04-06-2018, 12:21 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
In the modern liberals mind .

The worst thing one can be is born a straight white male .

They prefer anything over that . The only way to absolve one of the sins is to virtue signal 24/7 and apologize for being born white .

Even then those they’ll still respect a minority or illegal alien with a criminal background over the white man .

Then Hillary wonders why she didn’t do well with white voters .
As a white male, I can tell you that your post is not accurate.

There's no reason to apologize for being born who you are. Where do you get such nonsense?

Old 04-06-2018, 12:25 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Most white men may not be in powerful positions ~ but most powerful positions are filled with white men. White men have long ruled this country.
This is correct. And is actually the main point to discussions of demographic makeup of people in positions of power. The OP has it wrong.

Old 04-06-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
This is correct. And is actually the main point to discussions of demographic makeup of people in positions of power. The OP has it wrong.
No this is not correct, op simply posted this

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
There is such an aggressive and RACIST narrative going on, blaming White Men for everything and making them the ENEMY and implying that they are better off than everyone else....
But most White Men are not in positions of power.
Most White Men are faceless employees in small companies, or blue-collar workers or unemployed or homeless.
Imagine how they feel when they are told they are America's Enemy....
Pure racism, and sexism.
He is simply saying do not blame the faceless employees in small companies, or blue collar workers who have no real power.

The conservative white male has become the victim of cultural stereotyping, and the stereotypes are not flattering. In many cases, they're outright dehumanizing. If the conservative male has a regional accent that isn't from a predominately Blue state, the stereotypes get worse.

Old 04-06-2018, 12:29 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Get back to us when he's 34.

As for you, get back to us when you have been blamed for the world's ills because you are white and male.
I'm 35 and a straight white male, I don't feel victimized or blamed or any of that nonsense...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies