Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 07:49 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
Let me guess...........your 19 year old is in COLLEGE.
Actually, he's working full-time while taking a gap year or two before heading to a state university. But what if he were in college? There's no shortage of grown men on CD who sound like they're STILL college boys.

Old 04-06-2018, 07:53 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Are they straight?
Why? Are you interested? Both are very intelligent, tall, athletic, and great-looking, and I'm not saying that just because I'm their mom. And, yes, they are straight.

Old 04-06-2018, 09:09 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Nobody on the right ever claimed most Mexicans are rapists and murderers. If you believe that, you may need professional help. If you're referring to Trump - he didn't either. Stop making things up and get your facts straight. And the left wonders why most people think they're bat crap insane.

And nobody on the Left ever claimed most white men are in powerful positions. Yet, here we are.

I can see that analogy is not something you are familiar with.

Old 04-06-2018, 10:22 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I haven't always lived in TN. I've lived most of my life in very large, diverse, northern cities. The truth is that you're a man, and men continue to hold all the REAL power in the world, and I don't see that ever changing. As a woman, I accepted that long, long ago.

I'm not suggesting the frustrations you feel aren't perfectly legitimate; in fact, I think they are. But you're blaming the wrong people. Because, even though "conservatives" and "liberals" are constantly at each other's throats in the United States, the real problems that affect most of us are about socioeconomic class, not politics or race. Instead of directing your anger at the Liberal Bogeyman, send it to the 1% who controls EVERYTHING and who enacts policies that further THEIR best interests, no one else's. You've all been duped. Big time.

Ridiculous!

Women, the voting majority, have decided every major election since 1980.

Old 04-06-2018, 10:47 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is when you tell poor white trash they got privilege you might just stir them up enough to get off their lazy asses and vote. It won’t be for you.

If liberals would just stay off the anti white crap they might win elections.
Didn't they won a string of special elections in red districts a few months ago. And lets check back in November after the midterms. You making it sound like they haven't win anything in ages, and Obama is less than two years out of office.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I'm 35 and a straight white male, I don't feel victimized or blamed or any of that nonsense...
Yes, and the thoughtful people feel otherwise.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:22 PM

272 posts, read 218,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Most white men may not be in powerful positions ~ but most powerful positions are filled with white men. White men have long ruled this country.
For the vast majority of the nations existence it was predominantly white, so of course. Why is that a problem? Most of the people in Japan's powerful positions have always been Japanese/Asian is that a problem?

Old 04-06-2018, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
White male privilege doesn't mean what you think it does. He wouldn't be lying, but he would probably be wrong.
White male privilege doesn't automatically mean everything will go your way, or that you will be a success. It just means that things will go better for you than if you were not white.

The white homeless guy is probably getting more money when he panhandles than the black guy on the next corner. He might be able to walk into a store without having security automatically start following him. It's less likely that he was sexually harassed or raped.

He might have been really unlucky, and his problems are no fault of his own, but all other things being equal, **** would have been worse if he wasn't a white.
If I were in taking a stroll through the Democratic Republic of Congo, in what ways would my white privilege manifest itself?

What you claim would "probably" happen in the case of non-whites and females, i.e., followed by security or sexually harassed isn't due to anything whites have done to blacks or that males have done to females without full female participation.

Blacks are followed by security because they shoplift more than whites...it's a fact.

Women paint their faces and wear provocative clothing because they enjoy special advantages as females and wish to drive the point home that they are female and entitled to special treatment as a birthright.

We don't live in a world where all other things are equal.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:34 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,937,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Well you would be wrong, I'm a Dem and always believed this is the best country for opportunities. That's probably one the main reasons people from south of the border are trying to get in. I personally don't know any Dem who believes otherwise.
People from south of the border try to get to America because America IS better than El Salvador or Honduras in many ways. But not all ways. However, the real reason people from south of the border are trying to get into America and not say, Germany, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Austria, France, Spain, Ireland, Sweden ... and a bunch of other places with an even better standard of living for poor people than America, is because its physically possible to swim the Rio Grande. It is not possible to swim the Atlantic! Surely this is known to other people besides just myself? Those countries I mentioned do have inhabitants of less well off places trying to get in when it is physically possible for them. But none of their migrants are from our hemisphere. Even Canada is better than the U.S. if you are non-white and poor, or not! The US/Canada border is really where the action is and is actually the border that needs the wall. If Canada does not get cracking on one they are going to find themselves taking in hordes of formerly Middle Class white Americans fleeing flatlined economic opportunities due to corporate greed and automation, as well as the unwanted non-white south of our border Central Americans. Oh Canada ...

Old 04-07-2018, 01:45 AM

41,971 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Both of our political parties have been transformed from "I'm better" to "I'm right" to "they are wrong"
Not only "They are wrong", but also "They are to blame."

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
IF we are discussing the 1%, we are naturally saying that only a tiny percentage of PEOPLE (white, black, yellow, red or purple) are in control.
And how many of the 1% are white men?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies