Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2018, 10:44 AM

1,239 posts, read 510,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
BOO-HOO !!!!!

Trump employs really expensive whores!

Get back to me in thirty years when Gorsuch finally retires from the Court.
Dude, if Trump is found guilty of of colluding with a foreign enemy, do you really think we will be able to trust that any of his appointees are not traitors too?

Even if they are clean. Will we really be comfortable knowing that a these appointees were put into our government through treason, by a traitor with help from a foreign adversary.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:12 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,570,522 times
Attorney-client privilege belongs to the client. Maybe Cohen's clients should contact the judge.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:19 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
Attorney-client privilege belongs to the client. Maybe Cohen's clients should contact the judge.
I would imagine that Cohen's Law Office would have records in the accounting office of the contract and billable hours.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-14-2018, 11:32 AM

19,775 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Wow, an avalanche of information over the past 24 hours. Mueller and Southern District of NY are really picking up steam.

Cohen in Prague, phone conversations of Cohen with lawyers of two new women Trump had sex with and silenced. The IG report is a dud. City-Data Trump supporters must be in full-blown panic mode.
Yup. One more corroborated tidbit from the ‘fake dossier’.

Not...looking...good.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:51 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'M a GOP!!!

But I'm still happy. Trump said he was going to drain the swamp, and while this is probably not what he envisioned, it IS happening.

Personally, I would love to see Trump be taken down... hard.

And after all the smoke disappears on the GOP ruins, I would like to see the same happen to the DNC.

Then, maybe, we have elections with some decent candidates.
With that attitude, you have to be a liberal!

Old 04-14-2018, 12:03 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Personally I am thinking if Cohen was stupid enough to keep audio files of conversations with people "just shooting the breeze about illegal activities past, present, future" there is no attorney client priviledge attached
And there are many people who were trying to contact their bankers in the Caymans or Panama...

Old 04-14-2018, 12:05 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
The feds claim that Cohen doesn't really practice law, hence no attorney client privilege, and it looks like they've been reading for awhile now, apparently prior to the referral from Mueller:

https://twitter.com/AriMelber/status/984906738867589121

https://twitter.com/AriMelber/status/984904558655819776

Old 04-14-2018, 12:10 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Dude, if Trump is found guilty of of colluding with a foreign enemy, do you really think we will be able to trust that any of his appointees are not traitors too?

Even if they are clean. Will we really be comfortable knowing that a these appointees were put into our government through treason, by a traitor with help from a foreign adversary.
Posted thread to that effect on the ELECTIONS forum

I think that is the real Constitutional crisis we are going to be facing if/when Mueller has proof that Trump and the Russians (or just foreign interests) were definitely involved in compromising the 2016 elections...
If you have a fraudulently elected President/VP then nothing they did in office is legitimate--
Including any Cabinet appointees, any COURT appointees, any BILLS that were signed and certainly any EO signed...

Old 04-14-2018, 12:13 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Posted thread to that effect on the ELECTIONS forum

I think that is the real Constitutional crisis we are going to be facing if/when Mueller has proof that Trump and the Russians (or just foreign interests) were definitely involved in compromising the 2016 elections...
If you have a fraudulently elected President/VP then nothing they did in office is legitimate--
Including any Cabinet appointees, any COURT appointees, any BILLS that were signed and certainly any EO signed...
I hope you're right.

Old 04-14-2018, 12:18 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The feds claim that Cohen doesn't really practice law, hence no attorney client privilege, and it looks like they've been reading for awhile now, apparently prior to the referral from Mueller:
Yes. Per the document:

Quote:
"Fourth, the USAO-SDNY has specific reason to doubt that the seized materials will
include the volume and nature of attorney-client communications that Cohen claims. This is
because the USAO-SDNY has already obtained search warrants – covert until this point – on
multiple different email accounts maintained by Cohen, and has conducted a privilege review of
the materials obtained pursuant to those warrants.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000...e-e4bff8f00001
They've been going through Cohen's emails for some time now, and no one leaked a word of it. They're playing 3D chess while the Trump administration is still looking for their checkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies