Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2018, 09:51 PM

1,239 posts, read 510,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1HL00J

Hmm Cohen lied about going to Prague anyone surprised?
There's a thread about this on the first page. Title is about the Steele Dossier.

If confirmed, this is the biggest news out of the investigation so far. This would be the first step in proving that Trump's inner circle colluded with the Russians.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:52 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think the point is he could be destroying evidence, in a variety of ways.

But yeah, if you think deleting an email will make you safe, you would be in for a rude awakening.
And apparently Cohen has multiple emails---
You know if you delete emails they might not be discoverable on YOUR computer--
Maybe they turn up on Antony Weiner's....

Old 04-13-2018, 09:53 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Slowly but surely everything in the Steele dossier is being shown to be true. Golden showers will be too.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:53 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
I'm with you, I think this could be the biggest news this week.
I've said that I don't think there was collusion directly between Trump and the Russians. A big part of that was believing that this part of the dossier was wrong.

If Cohen had that meeting in Prague, it was in the process of colluding with the Russians. There would be no way to separate Trump from that.
wait, you don't actually believe Russian collusion is still a thing do you?

Old 04-13-2018, 09:54 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
There's a thread about this on the first page. Title is about the Steele Dossier.

If confirmed, this is the biggest news out of the investigation so far. This would be the first step in proving that Trump's inner circle collude with the Russians.
Agreed.

If this is confirmed, it will blow the doors out.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I had to ask. I thought Rosenstein was on the schedule to be fired today. I hadn't planned on another unnecessary war being started as a distraction from his duet with Cohen.

Who the hell does Trump think he is, Bill Clinton...?
I think Rosenstein expected to be fired today too...

And the idea that McCabe and Comey are the same is just not upheld by Horowitz's report
McCabe came out shredded
Comey was fairly respected
Although someone who reports on the FBI and DoJ for long time said that the minutia of the report was really almost about semantics and he doubted that if Trump were not pushing for McCabe's head events would not have unfolded like they did....
Which makes me wonder about Horowitz who supposedly has excellent reputation for honesty and accuracy
And Horowitz has something else he is supposed to be investigating now...

Old 04-13-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Amazing. I had thought that was thoroughly debunked. It turns out to be true after all.

Interesting that he traveled to the country through a venue which did not require a passport stamp. The itinerary was very carefully considered.
How he got into Europe still not explained that well
I understand that you can move freely between many areas of Europe w/o passport checks
But how did he get to Germany?
If it was in the article I missed it...

And Manafort had 3 passports (that we know of)
Maybe he had a Ukranian one from his best buddy, too...
So Cohen could certainly have a false passport--wouldn't put it past him...

Old 04-13-2018, 10:04 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
wait, you don't actually believe Russian collusion is still a thing do you?
A Quid Pro Quo has never ceased to be a possibility.

We can not will it away nor will it to reality by clicking our heels.

We already know that there were a series of crimes, but we are trying to discover whether it was an inside job. The many contacts between the Trump campaign (and now possibly Mr Trump's personal attorney), Don Jr et al suggest that possibility.

No other campaign in 2016 had contacts with a foreign power, and that foreign power happened to be the same one that committed the crimes. This coincidence must be investigated to, at the very least, dispel the cloud over the Trump campaign. So the investigation is a good thing

Old 04-13-2018, 10:05 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Amazing. I had thought that was thoroughly debunked. It turns out to be true after all.

Interesting that he traveled to the country through a venue which did not require a passport stamp. The itinerary was very carefully considered.

McClatchy is citing unnamed sources and everyone else is citing McClatchy.

Looks like another circle-jerk.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:05 PM

1,239 posts, read 510,479 times
What on earth.
There is no way that the Dossier thread should have been merged into this one.
They are 2 completely different topics
Hoping someone just clicked wrong when merging the 2 Prague threads?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies