Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2018, 08:59 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
By undermining an elected President and protecting the loser. Right
For the last freaking time, Trump is president and appointed all the actors who took part in this raid. Why would his own appointees be trying to undermine him? This narrative you keep repeating makes no sense at all.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:01 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
For the last freaking time, Trump is president and appointed all the actors who took part in this raid. Why would his own appointees be trying to undermine him? This narrative you keep repeating makes no sense at all.
lol..The rank and file agents who conduct the raids at the FBI aren't appointed.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:02 AM

37,231 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Witch hunt is all.
Damned good one too. They're finding witches left and right. Looks like they may get a bag limit before the hunt is finished.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:02 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
I think Dershowitz goal would be to step in towards the end.
He probably doesn't think he could win defending Trump, but if steps in later in the process, he can still be in all the history books without being known as the guy who defended a traitor.

I think he negotiates Trump's surrender (resigning as President, or prison terms after he is no longer President).
Dershowitz is in the bag for Trump. Has been for some time.

However, it seems he prefers his Fox pundit role over being on Trump's legal team.

Whether he will step up at the end or not is anybody's guess. But he's smart enough to stay out of the fray now.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:03 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
I think Dershowitz goal would be to step in towards the end.
He probably doesn't think he could win defending Trump, but if steps in later in the process, he can still be in all the history books without being known as the guy who defended a traitor.

I think he negotiates Trump's surrender (resigning as President, or prison terms after he is no longer President).

Prison terms? Resignation? Lmao

Old 04-10-2018, 09:04 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Prison terms? Resignation? Lmao
Just wait, if you are lmao'ing now, there should be plenty more hilarity to come.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:05 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You are too kind.

I doubt that Trump was the mastermind here. But if he didn't know what was going on at the start, he surely knew before long, and definitely knows now.
Telling evidence of Trump's comfort with illegal acts was when on Air Force One he responded to that reporter's question about the Stormy Daniels's lawsuit with the info that Michael Cohen was still his attorney

This was a personal attorney/bagman who supposedly in the President's own words had gone forward to pay Daniels to sign the NDA which required Trump to be a party (Trump HAD TO PERFORM certain acts under that NDA or settlement) and yet Trump didn't know about it at the time--according to Trump...

So his attorney commits what really is an illegal act--an attorney cannot bind his client to perform under a contract if/when the client doesn't know and agree to do that performance...

And the client finds out about it--who knows when--maybe a week later, maybe when it showed up in the NYTimes couple of month ago...
And the President STILL HAS THAT MAN AS HIS PERSONAL ATTORNEY
Still has him acting in his "best interests" in trying to protect him in the Daniels case---

Now me--if I find out my attorney has done something to compromise MY integrity and legal standing when his client--I think I am going to get rid of that attorney and ensure he doesn't do anything else that would put ME in jeopardy...
But not Trump....

So I think Trump did know and was a party to the payoff and likely knew where the money was coming from and is part of other illegal acts Cohen participated in...
Because that is how Trump operates...

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Damned good one too. They're finding witches left and right. Looks like they may get a bag limit before the hunt is finished.
lmao, you call extremely low level stuff that an ordinary DA could do "a damned good job" from a Special Counsel Prosecutor. It's embarrassing to say the least. Mueller has only found tiny fry that mean nothing.

5,792 posts, read 5,112,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Trumpsters do not make sense at all.....

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Wow...you don't know your history.
I think that the participants in this thread should start playing a drinking game where we drink every time you start a post with a rude, sarcastic, or condescending line.

And it is you who is not adequately drawing your situational analogies, rooted in history. See below.

Quote:
Watergate was investigated for a LONG TIME before indictments came down. Longer than this investigation.
Watergate was started with evidence. This was started with none; only with purchased Russian "intel" and subsequent MSM and Dem fits.

There's your pertinent history.

Quote:
I assume you are in favor of the rule of law? That is all this is. Nothing in this is outside the law. This is the normal course of events for someone being investigated for bank & wire fraud, which are felonies.
Sure, says the person who condones every manner of institutional partisan bias and the purchase of Russian (dis)information to bring down POTUS. You're very credible. And this doesn't look the way that your spin demands to much of the nation, which is ultimately what is important for there to be perceived that there is a legitimate democracy and a lack of corruption in our system.

And who are you trying to convince, exactly? This looks how it looks, compeltely due to the actions of the Democrats and their supporters from before the election until now. You aren't going to convince me, nor others. You are self-soothing. That's the sum effect of your rants.

Quote:
A host of people had to review this before it was executed. They either signed off on it or didn't stop it. That means there must be strong evidence there.
I read this from you before, and I responded. You're repetitive.

Quote:
The Russia investigation didn't start by the Democrats, and didn't start out of the blue, hunting for something. It started precisely BECAUSE in the investigation into Russia hacking our democracy, evidence was run across to indicate collusion of the Trump team with Russia for htat purpos.
Perfect. You prove my point precisely. Thank you.

That story is seen as an utterly partisan anti-Trump narrative by half of the nation. You do know that, correct?

The so called "hacking of our democracy" by thirteen facebook advertisers is widely and correctly seen as an invented narrative by the anti-Trump MSM and other such institutions, a perception that was entirely and rightly founded by the fact that these same people lost their minds running up to the election to try to get Hillary elected.

Moreover, the failure in their supposed responsibility for objectivity in politics by these institutions is also seen as "hacking our democracy" by the Right. You do know that as well, do you not?

Claims that some facbeook advertisers "hacked our democracy" when the MSM became the propaganda arm of the DNC for that election (and now permanently), and the NAtSec apparatus came out against Trump, and Strzok and Page were explicitly politically biased, among so much else, reads as a cover-up to half of the nation.

Quote:
THAT'S WHY there is an investigation. Don't expect Trump to admit that.
We're only expecting you to keep lighting yourselves and our system on fire.

Quote:
You don't remember the meeting of Trump Jr, Manafort, Kushner & others with Russian operatives for the purpose of getting dirt on Clinton?
As opposed to the Steel Dossier, based on Russian info, that was improperly used for the FISA warrant and as political currency to start the special investigation? Your selective memory is what is eroding this nation's democratic foundation.

Quote:
You don't remember all the phone conversations that Flynn was having with the Russians promising to not execute the U S sanctions against Russia? Or the other crimes by Flynn? How 'bout the crimes by Trump's campaign manager, Manafort?) Also, it expanded into obstruction of justice (which is a crime), when Trump tried to shut down the investigation by firing Comey, demanding his personal loyalty outside of the law, and other acts. Not the behavior of an innocent person.
And so your rhetorical strategy is now to throw multiple issues at the wall, with rife mischaracterizations, which would all require their own threads to discuss as an effort to argue the current topic? Given all of your repetition, your frequent over-emotional personal attacks, and this it can only be concluded that you're really bad at this.

Quote:
This is the rule of law proceeding. It is possible that Mueller will conclude there's not enough evidence to prove collusion or obstruction. He'll do a report to Rosenstein laying out what he's found.
Repetition.

Quote:
Until the conclusion of the Mueller investigation, anyone working against it is working against our laws applying to everyone. No one is above the law.
Ok, Joe Law. Except for Clinton. And except for the entirety of the invented narratives and paid for Russian disinformation that started this. And except for the fact that much of the nation sees your myopic and extremely desperate plan to unseat a duly elected POTUS as a vicious violation of the public trust. That's political and social capital that will never return.

Quote:
Many people who had voted for Clinton, incl myself, did not blame the investigators for pursuing impeachment against Clinton. We knew the motives behind it, and knew that Republicans would not pursue that, if it were a Republican President. But motives notwithstanding, Clinton himself was responsible for the mess and the investigation. And so it is with Trump and his team. THEY are responsible. But Trump will go to his grave with the words "witch hunt" on his lips, knowing that his blind, ignorant supporters will believe him.
You're not a smart person to be so over-emotional and insulting when attempting to be convincing or credible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies