Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2018, 09:48 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/st...45641291804673

The real question is, will Cohen attempt to made a deal to mitigate his prison sentence?
He would be a fool not to. Trump would certainly throw him under the bus if the shoe was on the other foot..

Old 04-10-2018, 09:48 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
The idea that Mueller, the FBI, higher-ups in the DoJ, several US Attorneys for the SDNY, and a Federal Magistrate are all ignoring the law and internal procedure to conspire against Michael Cohen is asinine. Try getting your facts from the source rather than parroting Hannity or Brietbart. There are two possibilities:

(1) There is a far-reaching Deep-State conspiracy that involves thousands if not tens of thousands of people including sleeper agents that Trump unwittingly appointed, Judges selected and confirmed by Republicans decades ago, members of the both Houses of Congress, the Attorney General, the Deputy Attorney General, the former head of the FBI who is generally revered by both parties, career Assistant US Attorneys, the Director of National Intelligence, the CIA, the NSA, all of the mainstream media (except Fox News), liberal elites, conservative elites, and probably George Soros. The sole purpose of this conspiracy is to undermine Donald Trump.

(2) There is credible evidence that Michael Cohen committed a crime.

Which is more likely?
Which is more likely, indeed.

Occam's razor works well here.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:49 AM

1,196 posts, read 839,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I agree Presidents and Politicians in general say the darndest Things MAGA
https://youtu.be/XsFR8DbSRQE?t=18

Old 04-10-2018, 09:50 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Absolutely right and Moveon.org has a plan if Mueller gets fired. I suggest all American patriots that understand we are a nation of laws, refer to their site for instructions...

Nobody Is Above the Law—Mueller Firing Rapid Response
https://act.moveon.org/event/mueller...events/search/
I did not know about this.

Great, I plan to be part of any response. Thanks for posting!

#NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW

Old 04-10-2018, 09:51 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
If Trump is innocent, why all the concern about investigating Russians interfering in our elections and the criminal behavior of his business and political associates?

7,300 posts, read 3,399,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Seriously?
You think that an investigation that resulted in a sitting president RESIGNING wasn't at least equally controversial?

Fascinating.

Oh, well, I guess when it's your guy, it's just that much more...special.
Tell me, was Nixon's base largely okay with him resigning, at least to a degree that is greater than Trump's base desertion (where it exists), or was it controversial?

You people really need to start using words with more purpose in order to reduce conversational noise. What you decide is controversial doesn't mean that its actually controversial. Serial murder makes headlines but is not controversial.

This investigation is much more controversial than Watergate, where there was actual evidence at the beginning of the investigation in the form of a physical break-in, as evidenced by the respective percentages public division on the matter.

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
I agree Presidents and Politicians in general say the darndest Things MAGA
https://youtu.be/XsFR8DbSRQE?t=18
A bit off from the FBI raid of Cohen's office but if it makes you feel better...

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Rule of Law or Rule of Kings?

There is no more gripping tale in history.

This is what democracy looks like. Will it stand or fold?

Looking back, I suspect this is what historians will point out as the tipping point.
If by "tipping point" you mean where the end seems inevitable that Trump is ousted from the presidency
I don't agree
Personally I think Trump has been headed for disaster since he won the election
Trump is not capable of serving as POTUS w/o compromising the integrity of the office
Just can't avoid being the crook he is...

Old 04-10-2018, 09:53 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
You know, this sounds entirely plausible to me.

Dershowitz knows he can't "defend" Trump's actions and win in court of law
( I failed to include that telling point initially--Dershowitz hates to lose)...
Otherwise why hasn't he joined any of the "teams" Trump is fielding???

Old 04-10-2018, 09:53 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,020,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
We [the USA] are truly at a crossroads. It is an historic time.

Just my opinion here, but if we as a nation do the right thing, our democracy could stand another hundred years, possibly much longer.

If not, our republic could be gone in less than thirty.

That's how I see it.
This is historic.

Your kids and their kids are going to studying this in school.

Where did you stand? Did you stand with the rule of law? Or did you spend the time making excuses for why people's crimes should be ignored?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Time for Trump to fire Mueller. He's become a distraction as this endless investigation drags well beyond it's scope.
Mueller isn't the investigation. With or without Mueller, the investigation continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao, you call extremely low level stuff that an ordinary DA could do "a damned good job" from a Special Counsel Prosecutor. It's embarrassing to say the least. Mueller has only found tiny fry that mean nothing.
This is going exactly how Mueller took the fangs out of the mob... Start with the small fry along the edges and work your way in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Watergate was started with evidence. This was started with none; only with purchased Russian "intel" and subsequent MSM and Dem fits.

There's your pertinent history.
Where is your proof that there wasn't any evidence? Only every intel agency has already confirmed there was Russian interference. Release of hard evidence? Doesn't come till after the trial.

Standard stuff here.

Quote:
Sure, says the person who condones every manner of institutional partisan bias and the purchase of Russian (dis)information to bring down POTUS. You're very credible. And this doesn't look the way that your spin demands to much of the nation, which is ultimately what is important for there to be perceived that there is a legitimate democracy and a lack of corruption in our system.

And who are you trying to convince, exactly? This looks how it looks, compeltely due to the actions of the Democrats and their supporters from before the election until now. You aren't going to convince me, nor others. You are self-soothing. That's the sum effect of your rants.
This is a Republican investigation. That cannot be more clear. Anyone else notice... THE GOP IS DOING NOTHING TO DEFEND TRUMP.

Quote:
That story is seen as an utterly partisan anti-Trump narrative by half of the nation. You do know that, correct?

The so called "hacking of our democracy" by thirteen facebook advertisers is widely and correctly seen as an invented narrative by the anti-Trump MSM and other such institutions, a perception that was entirely and rightly founded by the fact that these same people lost their minds running up to the election to try to get Hillary elected.

Moreover, the failure in their supposed responsibility for objectivity in politics by these institutions is also seen as "hacking our democracy" by the Right. You do know that as well, do you not?

Claims that some facbeook advertisers "hacked our democracy" when the MSM became the propaganda arm of the DNC for that election (and now permanently), and the NAtSec apparatus came out against Trump, and Strzok and Page were explicitly politically biased, among so much else, reads as a cover-up to half of the nation.
If facebook gets found guilty of breaking the law, hopefully they get punished accordingly. We'd all be better off if facebook ceased to exist anyhow.

However, none of that negates the very real facts that people involved with trumps campaign are being indicted after enough evidence has been gathered that they broke laws.

Quote:
As opposed to the Steel Dossier, based on Russian info, that was improperly used for the FISA warrant and as political currency to start the special investigation? Your selective memory is what is eroding this nation's democratic foundation.
Mom! Johnny kicked me in the heel so I'm gonna smack him upside the head so it's fine, just ignore what I'm going to do!

Quote:
Ok, Joe Law. Except for Clinton. And except for the entirety of the invented narratives and paid for Russian disinformation that started this. And except for the fact that much of the nation sees your myopic and extremely desperate plan to unseat a duly elected POTUS as a vicious violation of the public trust. That's political and social capital that will never return.
They spent much longer investigating both Clintons and all they came up with was lying under oath.

The current investigation is still new compared to the Clintion investigations and they've got many indictments so far.

Based on your post I'm going to assume you were a cheer leader for the bengazzi investigation. You got to see that one through to the end. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

Quote:
Seriously?
You think that an investigation that resulted in a sitting president RESIGNING wasn't at least equally controversial?

Fascinating.

Oh, well, I guess when it's your guy, it's just that much more...special.
Their guy can do no wrong and anyone who says otherwise is a traitor. Facts and the rule of law be damned, unless they support their narrative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Warrants aren't issued on make believe crimes.
Of course they are! All of this is for show... All these people who have devoted their careers to upholding laws are just in a long con game and have been waiting patiently for today to come.

Quote:
You obviously don't have a job or operate in the real world. Your grasp of national politics is tenuous at best, as evidenced by your use of the term "partisan hack". Also, I can tell that you are using your Joe Justice self-soothing to tamper down your anger, and its barely working.

Investigators, especially when investigating the president, are entirely political animals. No investigator or prosecutor would deny this. You live in a fantasy that has been made necessary by your need to justify what is occurring.
Pot... meet kettle...

Investigators at the top level are free to have their own politics. However, they've also been watched for years to make sure they can separate politics from doing their job. Those who fail to do so, are flushed out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies