Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If the U.S. is on the verge of losing in Afghanistan, should it try partitioning it?
Yes 3 8.82%
No 31 91.18%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 05:34 PM

30,455 posts, read 21,298,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Why not just leave and let them do it themselves?
That won't work fast enough. Gas would do the trick and kill billions in no time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2018, 06:08 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,886,720 times
We shouldn't have stayed after killing the Taliban and having done so shouldn't have stayed so long. Now we should leave, but at this point yes it probably makes sense to partition the place as we head out.

Old 04-14-2018, 10:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
We shouldn't have stayed after killing the Taliban and having done so shouldn't have stayed so long. Now we should leave, but at this point yes it probably makes sense to partition the place as we head out.
Lol...the United States has no such power.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:12 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Just Get Out !!!!

As Ron Paul said, "we marched right in and we can march right out".

It's 15 years overdue.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:14 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Why not just leave and let them do it themselves?
Exactly !!

Why do we think we should tell other people how to run their country?

Old 04-15-2018, 10:47 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,039,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
My only answer is to kill everyone in the ME area. Just gas it all and take over the oil fields. Hate to sound so hard but nothing will ever change over there and why kill our own people and spend trillions for a lost cause.

We have lost over for over 50 years, we broke countries that by God we had to pay and try fix while our healthcare system is a total joke. That money could have helped out own sick people paved new roads and so on. If i had that gas button to push i would have broke my arm pushing it so fast. Best thing for the whole world is you ask me, just take em all out.
By any chance you went to parkland high school and buddy with that guy??

Old 04-16-2018, 07:06 AM

13,652 posts, read 20,788,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So what if the Taliban aren’t nice people? So what if they don’t like us? That’s hardly relevant.

They asked for proof that AQ did what we accused them of and we should’ve provided it.

And yeah, the Taliban have paid a price, but they can afford it. Their patience will never run out. Ours will.
Don't be daft.

Proof? The FBI quickly ascertained who the hijackers were, where they were from, their Al Qaeda membership, and the fact that they had trained in Afghanistan. The intelligence services of Germany and others quickly filled in the gaps.

Proof filed next to the boasts of Al Qaeda who were not shy about admitting they had done it. There was and is plenty of proof. Stop yapping and read some of it. Better 17 years late than never.

Or are you one of those confused souls who thinks George Bush planned the entire thing? Good God, you probably believe that.

I guess you and the Taliban woke up on September 12th and figured out what all those Al Qaeda training camps in Afghanistan really were for.

I think you raise a very good point about continuing in Afghanistan. However, when you start implying conspiracy theories about 9/11 and suggest the Taliban are a bunch of innocent babes, you embrace a level of ignorance that is frightening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies