Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2018, 03:58 PM

29,735 posts, read 14,807,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Remember that the black teen was shot?
Which one ? It happens nightly in Detroit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If someone shows up at a dog park with a T-shirt that says, "I CONTROL MY GUNS YOU CONTROL YOUR DOGS" AND is carrying a gun, I think some dog-owners would see that as a threat. You don't, and that's great. This woman thought that there might be a threat, and she called the police to make that determination.l
Only those with an irrational fear, such as her. Now if he was brandishing and yelling out the statement on his shirt , then a different story.

Old 04-17-2018, 04:11 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,179,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Authorities have asked many times for people to report anything they deem suspicious and let law enforcement check into the matter. One person's idea of suspicious is different from another person's.

The motto is "If You See Something, Say Something®"

https://www.dhs.gov/how-do-i/report-suspicious-activity
Exercising a Constitutional right in a peaceable manner is nothing to be suspicious of.

Old 04-17-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

But - with all the open carry, I suspect we are going to see some accidental dead people. Consider it the price of freedom...freedom ain't free.

Open carry has been legal in many states since the 19th century...so....

Also, only 5 states do not allow open carry, 15 require permit. So, not wanting to live near anyone carrying isn't all that easy.
Open Carry | OpenCarry.org

Old 04-17-2018, 04:28 PM

59,418 posts, read 27,569,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
No need to. Like asking if the Earth is round.
Every serious count shows that toughest regs=less gun violence.

You can believe what you want, but if the Lord himself showed you the bodies and the stats I doubt it would change your mind. It's made up already...despite the facts.

And, no, I don't need to link or back anything up. Intelligent people who know math and geography can look things up.
Every serious count shows that toughest regs=less gun violence."

"every serious count shows that toughest regs=less gun violence"

All I asked is to show the "stats"

I will start with, Chicago, L.A., and Balt. ALL have VERY strict gun laws and some of the highest gun related crimes in the U.S.

VT very FEW GUN LAWS AND SOME OF TH lowest gun related states in the U.S.

"And, no, I don't need to link or back anything up. Intelligent people who know math and geography can look things up

"Your turn to show us how "intelligent" you really are!

Looks like you WILL have to look it up to prove your claim.

Old 04-17-2018, 04:37 PM

57,409 posts, read 26,384,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Only those with an irrational fear, such as her. Now if he was brandishing and yelling out the statement on his shirt , then a different story.
Anyone with a need to bring a gun to a children’s playground is definitely someone With a healthy irrational fear, what was he expecting to break up dirt ball fight.

Old 04-17-2018, 04:40 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,932,999 times
Probably fake news

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
Is it important that this story can't be found on a single reputable news source? Or that, other than this story, there is no record of a Cpl. J Reese on the Benbrook PD? No? OK.

How about the same story making multiple mentions of Warrior 12 apparel, including links to their site, and even serving up their ads mid-page? That doesn't raise any flags?

It's a fake news viral ad taking advantage of a very gullible target market.

Also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE3j_RHkqJc

Old 04-17-2018, 04:41 PM

57,409 posts, read 26,384,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Every serious count shows that toughest regs=less gun violence."

"every serious count shows that toughest regs=less gun violence"

All I asked is to show the "stats"

I will start with, Chicago, L.A., and Balt. ALL have VERY strict gun laws and some of the highest gun related crimes in the U.S.

VT very FEW GUN LAWS AND SOME OF TH lowest gun related states in the U.S.

"And, no, I don't need to link or back anything up. Intelligent people who know math and geography can look things up

"Your turn to show us how "intelligent" you really are!

Looks like you WILL have to look it up to prove your claim.
How about throwing New Orleans, NYC and Boston in the mix, I know you want to have a fair evaluation. How about throwing in Alaska since you suddenly switched to states.

Old 04-17-2018, 04:42 PM

34,299 posts, read 18,680,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Anyone with a need to bring a gun to a children’s playground is definitely someone With a healthy irrational fear, what was he expecting to break up dirt ball fight.
Where was he before, and after? Also, you can't anticipate when, nor where you will be attacked, or your life threatened. Happens all the time in public places like parks. Nobody is forcing you to have, or carry a gun, so stop trying take away other's rights to do so.

Old 04-17-2018, 04:51 PM

5,670 posts, read 5,104,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
‘Cause no one ever shoots up places where there are a lot of kids, right? (Cough, Columbine, cough, Parkland)

I always carry when taking my kid to the movies or the mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies