Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2018, 07:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
uh, because, to use Dear leader's words, he's a slimeball...?
Trump has never called Alex Jones a slimeball.

Quite the opposite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14yQErtCD80
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 07:21 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He is effective.
They have to edit what he says, to make him out to be a demon. If it were a lie, they could just tell the truth on it's merits and it would shut him up quick. NO. let's silence his message, because we have no competition of truth, to counter.

Unlike Laura Ingram and all those on dinosaur media, where they can attack sponsors that pay for the words to be spoken, they cannot go after Alex Jones advertisers.

The only way they can punish Jones, is with false lawsuits, filled with libel and defamation.
Those filing, forgot about "Slap Back", or it is in the budget for the attack campaign.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

ALEX JONES ANNOUNCES LAWSUIT AGAINST CATHOLIC GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY, ATTACKS ON THE FIRST & SECOND AMENDMENTS

ALEX JONES ANNOUNCES LAWSUIT AGAINST CATHOLIC GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY, ATTACKS ON THE FIRST & SECOND AMENDMENTS
Owen Shroyer presents video of Alex Jones live from Washington D.C. at the Press Club officially announcing his SLAP-back lawsuit against the ridiculous suits waged against him in all-out lawfare.
Alex Jones is a "tragedy hustler" who plays the "conspiracy card". Not saying he is wrong or right....but that is how he makes his living.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:25 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
He is effective.
They have to edit what he says, to make him out to be a demon. If it were a lie, they could just tell the truth on it's merits and it would shut him up quick. NO. let's silence his message, because we have no competition of truth, to counter.

Unlike Laura Ingram and all those on dinosaur media, where they can attack sponsors that pay for the words to be spoken, they cannot go after Alex Jones advertisers.

The only way they can punish Jones, is with false lawsuits, filled with libel and defamation.
Those filing, forgot about "Slap Back", or it is in the budget for the attack campaign.

Owen Shroyer presents video of Alex Jones live from Washington D.C. at the Press Club officially announcing his SLAP-back lawsuit against the ridiculous suits waged against him in all-out lawfare.

Because he's bat poop crazy? Because he thrives on nonsensical conspiracy theories, most of which only have a passing acquaintance with the truth? That he has orchestrated untold misery for ratings points?

Pick any one that applies.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Alex Jones is a "tragedy hustler" who plays the "conspiracy card". Not saying he is wrong or right....but that is how he makes his living.
He talks about news, no one in the paid off corporate MSM will touch, because they will lose their advertisers.

It is why people trying to pull fast ones, hate him. It would never make it to public light, if not for people like INFOwars reporting on it.
INFOwars and Alex Jones, comment on other news. They have live reporters in the field during major events, but most of the commentary is on other news articles.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:31 AM

13,606 posts, read 4,937,539 times
As I stated on another thread, I don't think even Alex Jones really believes the things he says. It's all a schtick, designed to gain him attention and money. It might even be a sort of parody, to see how many people he can getto actually go along with him.
I find it amusing and entertaining, although if I were a parent of one of the Sandy Hook victims I'm sure I wouldn't find it amusing.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:32 AM

18,025 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I'm not a Alex Jones fan at all. I think he's a loon. But....OP does have a point. Why else is MSM trying so hard to shut him up? Believe it or not, he does have quite a huge following.
What little I know of him, he seems like a blowhard to me.

But Republicans and conservatives and neocons or whatever you call us have been losing our minds knowing the Liberals were going to drive the nation over the cliff until Trump stepped in.

This is why I have so much respect for Hannity and Rush Limbaugh and Laura Ingraham and all of their wonderful guests and followers.

Because Freedom really is "...back in style."

Old 04-20-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Because he's bat poop crazy? Because he thrives on nonsensical conspiracy theories, most of which only have a passing acquaintance with the truth? That he has orchestrated untold misery for ratings points?

Pick any one that applies.
He provides his documentation pretty well, unless it is a breaking story and they are war gaming it as info comes out. Then anything goes.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
What little I know of him, he seems like a blowhard to me.

Because Freedom really is "...back in style."
I watch for the guest he has on. I cannot stand how he cuts people off to show he knows it already. But I can deal with that to hear very long interviews.
David Knight in the mornings, and Owen & Roger in the afternoons, are better for those that hate Alex.
You better know what the opposition is doing
Hannity reports the same thing INFOwars has already reported a week earlier.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:56 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
He is effective.

BB i cant believe you are defending this pissant who claims Sandy Hook was fake and those parents claiming to have lost kids are just crisis actors.
Is this to be the attitude that makes America great again?
While Jones maybe stretching the first amendment to its limits with his contrived garbage theres a higher moral code to consider ,its called right and wrong.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:08 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
Trump has never called Alex Jones a slimeball.

Quite the opposite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14yQErtCD80
That says more about trump, than it does Jones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies