Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 12:10 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
At least that's what Donald Trump's almost-attorney Joseph diGenova claims. He's posited this theory on Laura Inghams Fox News show, and the kiddies at Rupert Murdoch's propaganda ministry have taken the blurb and run with it.

Funny thing is that there's no law that requires a "predicate crime" for the appointment of a special prosecutor. It seems to me to be a bit of Johnny ("If it does not fit, you must acquit") Cochran nonsense.

So prove me wrong and cite the U.S. law or regulation that requires a predicate crime cited for the appointment of a special counsel.
There's no law for the appointment of a special counsel. Congress didn't renew the law that created special counsels, but the DOJ keeps appointing them anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2018, 12:16 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
This strikes me as such a silly, delusional question that it's hard to come up with a serious answer. But, yes, I suppose that Trump would be owed much more than an apology - although the Mueller investigation should not be halted, since clearly they are coming up with things, and some of the investigations preceded Trump.

Presumably Trump would be owed the same earnest, groveling apology that Trump gave to Obama after all that delusional harassment about the "birther" nonsense. Oh, wait - did Trump give that groveling apology yet?
If it turns out that the Russian investigation was fraud, and you think Mueller's investigation can continue, then it's you that is delusional.

There is much more evidence that the Russian investigation is a fraud, than there is for collusion.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:23 PM

8,420 posts, read 7,422,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
There's no law for the appointment of a special counsel. Congress didn't renew the law that created special counsels, but the DOJ keeps appointing them anyway.
Thank you for confirming that Joseph diGenova is talking out of his butt when he's on Fox News claiming that the declaration of a predicate crime is required for the appointment of a special counsel.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:31 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
What "criminal conspiracy against Trump by the Obama admin, et al"?

The only "criminal conspiracy" that exists was conjured up from the same brain trust that gave us Pizza-gate, the Fox News Seth Rich fiasco, and Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi.

If there was indeed a massive criminal conspiracy involving a cabal of the Obama admin, FBI/CIA/DNI/FISA court, Friends of Hillary, Stormy & Avanetti, ... we're talking hundreds, if not thousands of people involved.

Yet not a single person on the inside has leaked so much as a whisper.

It is either a bunch of BS or the best conspiracy known in the history of the world.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:32 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
My question is this: If the criminal conspiracy to overthrow the presidency of the United States by the Obama admin, CIA/FBI/DNI/FISA Court & Fusion GPS is proven true, would you all agree that A) President Trump is owed a massive apology & that B) anything stemming from the Mueller investigation, including the SDNY referral are all illegal and should be thrown out?
A) Yes - Though I wouldn't hold my breath it will be framed in those terms.

B) Yes - If we want to be consistent with fruit of the poisonous tree principle which liberals have touted for years to let murderous scum loose to prey upon more victims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh62SjGdI0s

A point you didn't make is how those who my have been involved in the conspiracy should be dealt with. Liberals/leftists want to see Trump removed from office over fraudulent accusations, and wouldn't care if it were proved to be such. However they would probably want to circle the wagons around Obama, Hillary and any of their foot soldiers just for ideological reasons.
Needless to say if what they have been accused of is true, it is much worse than what Trump is falsely accused of.

`

Old 04-22-2018, 12:33 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
If it turns out that the Russian investigation was fraud, and you think Mueller's investigation can continue, then it's you that is delusional.

There is much more evidence that the Russian investigation is a fraud, than there is for collusion.
It was started by an act of fraud with fraudulent unverified documents as part of the insurance policy never approved by any state or federal insurance commission. It was an illegal product cooked up by a group of people in the government to interfere with the rule of law.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:33 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,112,271 times
Quote:
My question is this: If the criminal conspiracy to overthrow the presidency of the United States by the Obama admin, CIA/FBI/DNI/FISA Court & Fusion GPS is proven true, would you all agree that A) President Trump is owed a massive apology & that B) anything stemming from the Mueller investigation, including the SDNY referral are all illegal and should be thrown out?
No...a mute question because none of that conspiracy against trump is true, unless youre one of the mouth breathing nose puckers who are trump cults....

Old 04-22-2018, 12:36 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Let's stay on topic....if the criminal conspiracy against Trump by the Obama admin, FBI/CIA/DNI/FISA court that's currently being investigated is proven to be true, can we agree the Mueller investigation and anything stemming from it, is null & void?
Some information might not be admissible in a criminal trial. Impeachment, however, isn't a criminal proceeding. Even in a criminal proceeding (Manafort), I think most of what's in the indictments was known prior to the Comey/Mueller investigation.

Last edited by jazzarama; 04-22-2018 at 01:07 PM..

Old 04-22-2018, 12:44 PM

8,420 posts, read 7,422,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
A) Yes - Though I wouldn't hold my breath it will be framed in those terms.

B) Yes - If we want to be consistent with fruit of the poisonous tree principle which liberals have touted for years to let murderous scum loose to prey upon more victims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh62SjGdI0s

A point you didn't make is how those who my have been involved in the conspiracy should be dealt with. Liberals/leftists want to see Trump removed from office over fraudulent accusations, and wouldn't care if it were proved to be such. However they would probably want to circle the wagons around Obama, Hillary and any of their foot soldiers just for ideological reasons.
Needless to say if what they have been accused of is true, it is much worse than what Trump is falsely accused of.

`
Now see, I didn't realize that Mueller and his merry band of Gestapo agents were kicking down the doors to the Oval Office, torturing Trump administration and campaign members, denying them medical attention, and keeping them from having contact with their vast army of legal counsels.

Oh wait, the Dirty Harry clip has nothing to do with the Mueller investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and alleged collusion between the Russian government and the Trump campaign.

Last edited by djmilf; 04-22-2018 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: missing verbiage - added for clarity

Old 04-22-2018, 12:45 PM

7,272 posts, read 4,216,976 times
Quote:
If there was indeed a massive criminal conspiracy involving a cabal of the Obama admin, FBI/CIA/DNI/FISA court, Friends of Hillary, Stormy & Avanetti, ... we're talking hundreds, if not thousands of people involved.
More likely than not. I was driving through DC area shortly after the election and listening to the radio and they were trying to calm people in govt down because they feared Trump would come in and cut thousands of jobs. It is govt. vs the people. This is all about "the system" fighting back to try and kick out someone who is trying to fix it for the American people. They HATE Trump. HATE him because he is not a politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies