Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 01:01 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,814,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
I just think we should try to be kind to our poor and elderly.
Plus, like I said, the renter would be helped through lowering his taxes given it is rent-controlled/stabilized.

I guess you are saying "when the area is becoming better, and you are not, then you must be kicked out." I guess that there is nothing specifically wrong with such economic segregation. But I think we should care about our elderly being comfortable and our poor feeling at least somewhat cared for.
I have never said we shouldn't be kind to the poor and elderly so stop with the virtue signaling. The landlords of this particular building were just that to the elderly man who lived there for years and died. The woman then took advantage of the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 01:03 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,944,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
So some lady manipulated the legal system to live in someone else's property for life essentially for free, but it's the PROPERTY OWNERS who are the greedy ones.

This is what America is up against -- people like this poster, the lady he supports, and a legal system that sides with them against all common sense never mind sensible public policy.
Keep on licking the boots of the wealthy maybe one day you can join them

25,303 posts, read 21,482,730 times
Quote:
It is indeed horrible that rich people like Trump keep abusing any loophole that they can find (and they sure find plenty given that they already have the resources to find the loopholes).
Can’t help bringing up Trump can you ?

7,943 posts, read 6,073,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah , older people have had decades to build up their careers , save and invest .

There are a ton of people living in NYC I’m sure that could afford market rents but wouldn’t pay them if they had to and would actually move to another city .
Same thing in LA and San Francisco.

I just don’t think having such a huge number of people subsidized is a great thing .
Do they teach investing in public school?
Do they teach saving money?
Do they teach how to build up a career?
Seems like things that only rich people would find easy to develop and practice.

Old 04-29-2018, 01:04 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,548,281 times
Quote:
You realize if you buy an apartment in NYC these days you can’t even rent it market rents and cover your mortgage and expenses ?

What makes them greedy ?

You think $100 a month for a $1800 apartment is fair ?

Sell me your $18,000 car for $1000
You know how many apartments are rent control so you decide if you want to buy unless you are buying from Kuscher!

Old 04-29-2018, 01:06 PM

9,994 posts, read 5,698,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Keep on licking the boots of the wealthy maybe one day you can join them
Keep being naive enough to think the non-wealthy benefit from rent control, maybe one day you'll be priced out of your local rental market

Keep giving government the power to appropriate other people's property, maybe one day they can appropriate yours.

Old 04-29-2018, 01:06 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,482,730 times
Quote:
Do they teach investing in public school?
Do they teach saving money?
Do they teach how to build up a career?
Seems like things that only rich people would find easy to develop and practice.
Google , YouTube and books and resources available free in every public library teach it .

Old 04-29-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Can’t help bringing up Trump can you ?
In a post about loopholes and cheating the system?
Who else would come to mind?
He is the POTUS and extremely vain and egotistical, his horrible image inserts itself in everything.

Trump said that "of course I cheated the system! It's smart!"
So he brought himself up in this horrible and dirty topic, really. Sad.
He said he abused bankruptcy rules to steal money from taxpayers.

Has he changed bankruptcy rules yet, BTW? He said he would do so in his first day of office since he "knew how to cheat the system" and pull one over the tax payer's Representatives from personal experience.

Old 04-29-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Google , YouTube and books and resources available free in every public library teach it .
LOL, why have public/private schools at all, right?

Old 04-29-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Keep being naive enough to think the non-wealthy benefit from rent control, maybe one day you'll be priced out of your local rental market

Keep giving government the power to appropriate other people's property, maybe one day they can appropriate yours.
Are you fixing loopholes? Or just removing any means of any sort of control (which naturally moves the control to the rich, rather than all The People).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies