Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 06:39 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,665,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
We did not say it is about color. It is about being ILLEGALLY here, coming here ILLEGALLY. These people were brought here though so it's not through their own fault. They should be given a break. Democrats want illegal "immigrants" stopped too--but these people didn't come of their own free will.

I understand the need for compassion as I too like to have it and use it.

But somewhere a line has to be drawn and the law obeyed. If we allow these DACA kids a break, then the kid coming in today or a year from now illegally also has to be given the same break so that we treat everyone equal.

Secondly, it is unfair to the millions of kids waiting in line for years in their home countries, along with their parents, for their number to come up and get the coveted the green card. Why should DACA people have preference over those kids.

Finally, no other country gives amnesty like this, including western ones like UK or Australia. Why should US do it. Let the law be the law and the immigration rules be enforced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2018, 07:19 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" when they are 1 to 4" " This is only home they have known"

Where was their home when they were "1 to 4"

You lose a discussion when you contradict yourself right off the bat.

"ILLEGAL" is a defined term.

You may want to look it up.
It's also hilarious when they say the only language they understand is English. I guess it was sign language when they were little?

Old 05-02-2018, 07:28 AM

18,557 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
So you want tell people who came here when they are 1 to 4 and have been here for 15+ years it is time to go home.
Yes. They're stealing from Americans. We're the innocent victims, not them.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:14 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Perhaps, but they do stay of their own free will.

No child asked to have criminals for parents.

When a criminal steals a bike and gives it to their child, is it punishment to the child to take the bike and return it to it's rightful owner?

There are literally hundreds of analogies where the child is not allowed to reap the rewards of their parents criminal activity.

Also I think many of the DACA group were not brought here as infants or toddlers.

Also when those loving parents brought their children here and were completely unable to speak English. Did they some how assimilate their homes to be the average American household? Most join others of like immigration status or facilitators who are related. These children grow up as if they are in their native countries.

DACA is wrong because it absolutely rewards illegals for breaking our laws.

Well stated and I totally agree with you. Most illegals are Mexicans or other Latinos and here is the southwest there are a large number of them here both legally and illegally so what's this BS that this is the only country that they have ever known when they live among like countrymen who speak their language and practice their culture?

Kids should never benefit from their parent's law breaking. The whole family needs to go back to their homelands and apply to come back legally or better yet take the education and tools they got here and use them to make their own homelands better.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:09 AM

6,416 posts, read 1,427,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
What does an illegal alien look like?
Just go to any Mexican restaurant, and look at the staff....

Old 05-02-2018, 10:10 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,283,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
We did not say it is about color. It is about being ILLEGALLY here, coming here ILLEGALLY. These people were brought here though so it's not through their own fault. They should be given a break. Democrats want illegal "immigrants" stopped too--but these people didn't come of their own free will.
Skin color is mentioned in the very first post. If a homeless person with a child or pet breaks into my shd to live there, am I supposed to keep the child or pet once I have the adult arrested for trespassing?

They shouldn't be given a break, it's perpetuating and exacerbating the problem. We all know it will send a message that it's ok to break our laws.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:32 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
I'm in favor of ending the DACA program. I think it sends the wrong message. I am also in favor of not kicking people out of the country who came here through no fault of their own, and know nothing else but America. It's a humanitarian issue, but, there needs to be change. People who do not follow our rule of law do not need to be here.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:55 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Paxton Leads 7-State Lawsuit Challenging the Unlawful Obama-Era DACA Program

Republicans once again showing there true colors they hate people of color and want them all out of the US This lawsuit will go nowhere
It has to do with respecting and enforcing the laws of the United States.

Obama had no authority to issue the Executive Order. Immigration is the purview of Congress, not the President. Only Congress may craft laws related to immigration.

The US Supreme Court has said so in the past.

What a President should do is go on television and ask illegal aliens to leave the US and give them 30 days to do so, without penalty. After that 30 day period, the President should go on TV and repeat the request.

When that 30 day period ends, the President should go on TV and issue a lawful order, demanding that all illegal aliens leave the US and penalize them with a 10-year interdiction.

When that 30 day period ends, the President should declare a limited federal emergency for 90 days, deputize any natural-born or naturalized citizen 21 years or older as a US Marshal, with the sole power and authority to apprehend illegal aliens and any person who interferes with the apprehension of illegal aliens or otherwise aids and abets illegal aliens, and pay the deputized US Marshals a bounty of $10,000 for each illegal alien they apprehend that is deported. At the same time, the US Treasury Department should freeze the bank accounts of anyone suspected of being an illegal alien.Those illegals should have DNA collected and anyone related to them should be barred for a period of 70 years from entering the US, plus have all of their property and money seized.

During that time, the US should be closed to all immigration, except those holding business, athletic, military or diplomatic visas, and when the borders are reopened, immigrants from select countries entering on a tourist visa should be required to be micro-chipped, so they can be tracked.

Old 05-03-2018, 05:23 AM

58,965 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well stated and I totally agree with you. Most illegals are Mexicans or other Latinos and here is the southwest there are a large number of them here both legally and illegally so what's this BS that this is the only country that they have ever known when they live among like countrymen who speak their language and practice their culture?

Kids should never benefit from their parent's law breaking. The whole family needs to go back to their homelands and apply to come back legally or better yet take the education and tools they got here and use them to make their own homelands better.
"Kids should never benefit from their parent's law breaking"

I have agreed with this from day 1.

Under the law drug dealer's children do NOT get to keep the Cadillac Escalades nor all the MR T jeweler nor the house they buy with the ILLEGAL money they made.

Bank robber's children do NOT get to keep the house he bought with the stolen money.

Etc., etc., etc..

Children of ILLEGALS should NOT be treated any different.

Old 05-03-2018, 05:31 AM

58,965 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I'm in favor of ending the DACA program. I think it sends the wrong message. I am also in favor of not kicking people out of the country who came here through no fault of their own, and know nothing else but America. It's a humanitarian issue, but, there needs to be change. People who do not follow our rule of law do not need to be here.
"and know nothing else but America"

So, you are saying kids form say 6 to 18 DON'T remember ANYTHING about whee they came form?

"It's a humanitarian issue," it is ALSO a common sense issue.

Many keep chanting we are NOT the worlds policemen.

We ALSO are NOT the worlds charity.

We CANNOT take such LARGE amounts of people at 1 time.

When someone does something WRONG and their families are exempt it only encourages OTHERS to do the same.

It is NOT our responsibility to take in every person in the world who has problems in their OWN country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies