Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 03:26 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,439,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
You know, I'm starting to warm to this whole Marxist thing. I mean, all I have to do is wait until somebody leaves their dwelling for any reason, and I can just go in and and take their stuff. I mean, it's not "in use" technically, right? I'd leave the wood and metal.
Usage extends beyond presence. If I’m using a hammer to build a house then it is in usage until the house is done.

For utilities (not tools of production) like said House, it is in usage until I decide to stop living there (move to another location). Two locations can’t be in usage at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2018, 04:17 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,696,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Material reward is not freedom, the ability to produce what you want when you want is.
Freedom is choice. Choosing to have material possesions for your exclusive use, isn't less free than not being able to own possessions exclusively.

Old 05-18-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Freedom is choice. Choosing to have material possesions for your exclusive use, isn't less free than not being able to own possessions exclusively.
Not when it is selectively given to you. Rewards for slavery is not freedom.

Old 05-18-2018, 04:53 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Chances are you might have bought it. Either way you have no intrinsic right to output that is not in use. The wood, metal, etc is shared resources from earth.

The only thing that is yours is your body and its abilities. Capitalism disregards these as input is controlled and redistributed by the capitalists controllers.
again you are wrong... I cut and planed the wood...I forged the iron...guess how....skill my father taught me...

you fascist/Marxists never can figure out COMPLETE FREEDOM of the individual...you yearn for robotic slaves

again you are wrong

marx was an idiot who did not analyze the big picture, and did not include human nature, or skills into his theory

skills, wants, desires, work ethic, family size or needs, disabilities (physical and/or mental), and human nature are all variables that marx didn't think about... his thoughts made humans to be robot slaves

Fred, Jim and Steve are all part of the community, and are all the same age and health, all single
Fred has the skill and desire to produce 100 widgets in 8 hours, but LIKES TO WORK 10-12 hours
Jim has the skill and desire to produce 80 widgets in 8 hours, and like to work only 8 hours
Steve has the skill and desire to produce only 60 widget in 8 hours, but only will work 4 hours per day

people within the community are not "paid" as there is no money , they are provided the "needs"

Fred WILL say "why am I only getting the same "'needs'" when I work harder, produce more in less time

THAT IS HUMAN NATURE

Marxism breeds mediocracy...the ONLY way Marxism can work would be to have 300 million robotic slaves...and you would STILL have the elite MASTERS to control.... Marxism/anarchism is about robotic slave control

Old 05-18-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Yea wage slavery is amazing as long as someone is paid they have dignity
and what do you think you get with Marxism...slaves with no wage, no incentive, no success, who slave for the Marxist/unionist/communist/ borg MASTERS....no wage just the jailcell of your tiny shack

Old 05-18-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Wage slavery or starvation thats not a choice thats a threat.
that is Marxism to a tee

you are a slave to the commune. to the slaveshack they supply...no advancement EVER, slave to the commune for life

Old 05-18-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Material reward is not freedom, the ability to produce what you want when you want is.
that is NOT Marxism/anarchism, where you are a slave to the commune...they tell you what you will do, when you will do it, how much you will do

again you are wrong

marx was an idiot who did not analyze the big picture, and did not include human nature, or skills into his theory

skills, wants, desires, work ethic, family size or needs, disabilities (physical and/or mental), and human nature are all variables that marx didn't think about... his thoughts made humans to be robot slaves

Fred, Jim and Steve are all part of the community, and are all the same age and health, all single
Fred has the skill and desire to produce 100 widgets in 8 hours, but LIKES TO WORK 10-12 hours
Jim has the skill and desire to produce 80 widgets in 8 hours, and like to work only 8 hours
Steve has the skill and desire to produce only 60 widget in 8 hours, but only will work 4 hours per day

people within the community are not "paid" as there is no money , they are provided the "needs"

Fred WILL say "why am I only getting the same "'needs'" when I work harder, produce more in less time

THAT IS HUMAN NATURE

Marxism breeds mediocracy

Old 05-18-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
that is NOT Marxism/anarchism, where you are a slave to the commune...they tell you what you will do, when you will do it, how much you will do

again you are wrong

THAT IS HUMAN NATURE

Marxism breeds mediocracy
Marx is not someone you understand. Freedom of production and control over self-sufficient production over mass production was the underlining philosophy for Marxism. He was against State or corporate control over the proletarians.

The things you say are just beyond response, its just plain wrong.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Marx is not someone you understand. Freedom of production and control over self-sufficient production over mass production was the underlining philosophy for Marxism. He was against State or corporate control over the proletarians.

The things you say are just beyond response, its just plain wrong.
no you don't understand Marx and TIME

Marx was semi-right about the possibility of a proletarian revolution at that time , ...... the problem....it was only possible at that time
In the rise of Industrialization, the proletariat are the factory workers and at that time they were a majority.

today, the majority (of workers) is managers/office worker ....... completely different situation or time

today people make money just watching games or making videos on youtube....that CAN NOT happen with Marxism... ie no freedom to do what you want..slavery

He idiotically thought the defects of human condition was determined by social disparities secondary to economic relations and in absence of that all humans are good and behave well, he did not look at human nature, disabilities (physical, mental and learning), skills(yes skill and ability to learn and master a shill--not everyone is mechanicly inclined etc), work ethic and stamina (how fast and long I can work in a given day), family size (or needs, wants, desires)

I had a philosophy teacher named Mr. Kehoe, we debated for hours...I kept notes (this is from 40 years ago
Labor Theory of Value - Marx did not come up with LTV, but he used it as the proof that capitalists exploit the working class, since if the value of goods is 100% from labor, any profits earned by capitalists are exploitations.

This is the central thesis of Marxism. the problem is that LTV is wrong, it means Marxism has no foundation to stand on.

Greed - Marx identified capitalists as greedy, but didn't realize that in fact that everyone is greedy. This is the reason why he believed when workers overthrow the capitalists, they will create a virtuous society where greed disappears, which is obviously false.

Motivation - since Marx got greed wrong, it's no surprising that he also got its twin - motivation - wrong. In his view, everyone will have all the motivations in the world to do the right thing, and produce as much as needed for everyone to prosper, when in reality, if the reward is decoupled from the effort, people will stop putting in the effort. This is why capital-based society outproduces communist society until communist society also adopts capitalism.

He lived in a period of colonialism, and so was unable to imagine a world in which trade would be economically beneficial to a developing country rather than exploitative

.The writings of the Marx have lead to misery, decline, oppression and death wherever it has been tried

Old 05-18-2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
no you don't understand Marx and TIME

Marx was semi-right about the possibility of a proletarian revolution at that time , ...... the problem....it was only possible at that time
In the rise of Industrialization, the proletariat are the factory workers and at that time they were a majority.

today, the majority (of workers) is managers/office worker ....... completely different situation or time

today people make money just watching games or making videos on youtube....that CAN NOT happen with Marxism... ie no freedom to do what you want..slavery

He idiotically thought the defects of human condition was determined by social disparities secondary to economic relations and in absence of that all humans are good and behave well, he did not look at human nature, disabilities (physical, mental and learning), skills(yes skill and ability to learn and master a shill--not everyone is mechanicly inclined etc), work ethic and stamina (how fast and long I can work in a given day), family size (or needs, wants, desires)

I had a philosophy teacher named Mr. Kehoe, we debated for hours...I kept notes (this is from 40 years ago
Labor Theory of Value - Marx did not come up with LTV, but he used it as the proof that capitalists exploit the working class, since if the value of goods is 100% from labor, any profits earned by capitalists are exploitations.

This is the central thesis of Marxism. the problem is that LTV is wrong, it means Marxism has no foundation to stand on.

Greed - Marx identified capitalists as greedy, but didn't realize that in fact that everyone is greedy. This is the reason why he believed when workers overthrow the capitalists, they will create a virtuous society where greed disappears, which is obviously false.

Motivation - since Marx got greed wrong, it's no surprising that he also got its twin - motivation - wrong. In his view, everyone will have all the motivations in the world to do the right thing, and produce as much as needed for everyone to prosper, when in reality, if the reward is decoupled from the effort, people will stop putting in the effort. This is why capital-based society outproduces communist society until communist society also adopts capitalism.

He lived in a period of colonialism, and so was unable to imagine a world in which trade would be economically beneficial to a developing country rather than exploitative

.The writings of the Marx have lead to misery, decline, oppression and death wherever it has been tried
Tell that to these people: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondragon_Corporation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies