Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2018, 08:32 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,439,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
And yet for the first 20 pages of this thread, you couldn't come up with a single instance where it actually did.
Catalonia in the 30s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I live outside the syndicate but right next door. I don't pay attention to whatever goes on over there.

I collect rainwater in barrels for my own use. One day the syndicate's factory catches on fire and the flames are too fierce to fight through to get to their own water. A terrible oversight by them indeed.

Can the syndicate raid my home and take the water?
The UNION can ask to borrow your water if all public sources within reach are depleted.

Old 05-20-2018, 08:38 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Catalonia in the 30s.
if it didn't last... then it wasn't successful

Old 05-20-2018, 09:14 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
The UNION can ask to borrow your water if all public sources within reach are depleted.
And if I refuse to answer the door or answer and say "no" what happens?

Old 05-21-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
And if I refuse to answer the door or answer and say "no" what happens?
If NO ONE else has any and all water sources are depleted then you have no grounds to let someone die with resources that aren’t yours, or with the water that serves a base (immediate) need for the community.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:51 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,357,667 times
Quote:
If NO ONE else has any and all water sources are depleted then you have no grounds to let someone die with resources that aren’t yours, or with the water that serves a base (immediate) need for the community.
So they'll take it by force... Unless you're just stating that the water belongs to the collective, but they won't do anything about it.

The whole thing hinges on who the rightful owner is. We say it's the person who put in the effort to collect and store the water, and you say it's the collective, on behalf of those who need the water - which we'd call a state.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
So they'll take it by force... Unless you're just stating that the water belongs to the collective, but they won't do anything about it.

The whole thing hinges on who the rightful owner is. We say it's the person who put in the effort to collect and store the water, and you say it's the collective, on behalf of those who need the water - which we'd call a state.
Yep.

Clear violation of the non-aggression principle.

If my house is on fire and I can't get to my water I would hope that my neighbor watering his garden would throw me a bone and help out.

Under NO circumstances is he obligated to help me though and I can't physically take the hose from him.

That is violent slavery.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Slavery. Pure and simple.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post

The collective doesn’t own anything, everyone does. If water is needed to help four people with base needs vs. one, the four win out as together they have greater claim on water ( If there is NO other public water source and the pipelines are destroyed).

Old 05-21-2018, 02:07 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,103,478 times
Quote:
The collective doesn’t own anything, everyone does. If water is needed to help four people with base needs vs. one, the four win out as together they have greater claim on water ( If there is NO other public water source and the pipelines are destroyed).
I'm curious. Do you have a job? I notice you seem to respond to every post within minutes. That wouldn't leave much time for bringing home the bacon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies