Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 02:09 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Yep.

Clear violation of the non-aggression principle.

If my house is on fire and I can't get to my water I would hope that my neighbor watering his garden would throw me a bone and help out.

Under NO circumstances is he obligated to help me though and I can't physically take the hose from him.

That is violent slavery.
If you live in a community then said community could have a union that runs water pipelines in the town to provide for everyone. If the community doesn’t want it, then they won’t have it.

To understand Anarcho-syndicalism you have to blur the lines between union member and community member, they are both the same, one can join and drop out of any union based off of their needs and wants. Water itself can’t be stolen from its public source without a desire to use it. If everyone were to store water in their own house then the lake (public source) would dry out. People have equal say to how it’s used. If you’re walking by and drink from it you have the right of usage, but not ownership.

This is your problem, you think anyone has a right to claim a thing that is not theirs their. Water is equally used by everyone and you have no right to deny usage of that water to anyone else. You are not a god, you are a man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 05:33 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
The collective doesn’t own anything, everyone does. If water is needed to help four people with base needs vs. one, the four win out as together they have greater claim on water ( If there is NO other public water source and the pipelines are destroyed).
so its the four wolfs asking the 2 sheep ''what's for dinner" coyly

Old 05-21-2018, 05:36 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
If you live in a community then said community could have a union that runs water pipelines in the town to provide for everyone. If the community doesn’t want it, then they won’t have it.

To understand Anarcho-syndicalism you have to blur the lines between union member and community member, they are both the same, one can join and drop out of any union based off of their needs and wants. Water itself can’t be stolen from its public source without a desire to use it. If everyone were to store water in their own house then the lake (public source) would dry out. People have equal say to how it’s used. If you’re walking by and drink from it you have the right of usage, but not ownership.

This is your problem, you think anyone has a right to claim a thing that is not theirs their. Water is equally used by everyone and you have no right to deny usage of that water to anyone else. You are not a god, you are a man.
It gets scarier and scarier.

So if I walk past a lake I can't fill up a couple drums of water to take back to my house?

Old 05-21-2018, 08:38 PM

1,663 posts, read 876,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Yea being a conservative must be great don't have to read to much about competing ideologies simply just listen to your favorite conservative pundit.
You have it backward. I believe in capitalism because I read about competing ideologies, and I understand that they are, without exception, miserable failures. Something that you and the OP for some reason, can't get through your thick heads.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:18 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
Quote:
There are universal laws put into place that give everyone freedom.

Marx looked to the Paris communes as a worker run society were the people are free. It is not statism, its understanding you have no control over items that are not in your usage, and the MoP are public.

Then you have true freedom of input.
A individual has a choice, to work and or not work. A individual can live as a bum, on the charity of others or die on the streets. Marx basically is saying workers unite and get the best benefits and wages and the capitalist owner is to pay whatever the workers demand as long as they can continue to work and make the company still function based on their "input". From decade to decade the demand for what you can provide or input will change and society and company's and other people change as well Marx doesnt think about that. Businesses and a capitalist can move at the pace of the market, and collective wage inputs dont work well on changing markets but in a marx society I dont expect much changes and advances in just about anything. If you want to get paid more money for X work, or a creative idea the marx system makes sure your so taken care of you will never need to strive for anything other then collective worker power. Marx thinks the workers power comes from them driving the demand and get the most out of the company. The collective can not provide for each other because the demand or needs change and other individuals will burden a different load then others which is the natural order of things.

Really its about this. Greed is bad, and marx saw the POWER of worker class and new if he could turn them to revolt to get more for their input, and better wages and benefits and using that worker "union" against the stronger capitalist for balance of power.

A Individual owner (capitalist) has 2 choices.
1. max profits and get 25 houses and pay the workers min wage and every time he losses 2 cents layoff workers and higher new workers at lower pay and no benefits and those workers might still be ok with working like that. And pay no benefits, treat employees like crap but say he is still providing jobs :-)
2. Or they can pay good wages based on markets, support the workers, pay into half their benefits, support re-education, pay for day care, and support their communities.

Just so you know the natural order of all things is a balance of 1 and 2 because we arent MARXIST the right to work somewhere else is still your right and not a collective downfall where government would control all things production. IDEAS when they are collective sooner or later destroy all concepts of freedom.

Or the individual still has the right to be their own capitalist :-) Or just live in the woods on nature.
For if the day society ever thinks they are worth their input and want their own freedom they will soon see freedom has a cost.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It gets scarier and scarier.

So if I walk past a lake I can't fill up a couple drums of water to take back to my house?
Sure you can. But if you live in a community and there is an earth shattering drought, don’t expect people not to need to use that public resource.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so its the four wolfs asking the 2 sheep ''what's for dinner" coyly
Nope. They can't take the food your eating, nor can they take the food you have stored away. But if there is a famine and you live in a community, you have no right to deny each individual their share. (If there is food available by a farm union then no one can take the food you have stored).

Old 05-22-2018, 09:35 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Nope. They can't take the food your eating, nor can they take the food you have stored away. But if there is a famine and you live in a community, you have no right to deny each individual their share. (If there is food available by a farm union then no one can take the food you have stored).
ok... enough

do you even read what you are typing?? you are constantly contradicting your self

Quote:
QUOTE=Winterfall8324;51974510 The collective doesn’t own anything, everyone does. If water is needed to help four people with base needs vs. one, the four win out as together they have greater claim on water ( If there is NO other public water source and the pipelines are destroyed).
I really think most leftists or Marxists have comprehension disabilities, and cant help themselves with the constant spinning of lies

Old 05-22-2018, 09:51 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
ok... enough

do you even read what you are typing?? you are constantly contradicting your self

I really think most leftists or Marxists have comprehension disabilities, and cant help themselves with the constant spinning of lies
It's a total contradiction just like every other collectivist scheme enforced at gunpoint.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:47 AM

Quote:
ok... enough

The four win out comment was on if the community had access to NO MORE water at all. In such a case others get something if they NEED it.

Four people together in such a scenario would get (proportionally) more of the water.

Nonetheless what I was saying there was one person can’t deny four people their greater share (in such an occasion). I should have been more clear to say the four people don’t get the whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies