Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2018, 05:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Is he an ancap?

Or something like the sort?

Or is he just trying to make ends meet, without care for ideology?
No, he's wants to be an owner like me one day.

Without me he wouldn't be able to learn how to be an owner. He has ambition unlike you.

Jeez, I'm awfully nice for being a petty tyrant. Passing on knowledge and skills to someone who could quite possibly compete with me one day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 05:06 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,439,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The Zapatistas are Statists who have formed a competing State.

You don't see it because you believe since it's not a traditional State it isn't one.
They have a paramilitary to defend themselves from government thugs.

The working class are the ones with the power as all the defenders are just working class indigenous people defending their families, etc.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Why don't you and your buddy take a stand and stop paying taxes? Your all talk no action stand up for your beliefs. I am sure since you are so intelligent and smart that the government couldn't possibly stop you.
I'll be caged or killed by you though.

Will you call off the dogs if I don't pay taxes?

Old 05-06-2018, 05:08 PM

Quote:
No, he's wants to be an owner like me one day.

Without me he wouldn't be able to learn how to be an owner. He has ambition unlike you.

Jeez, I'm awfully nice for being a petty tyrant. Passing on knowledge and skills to someone who could quite possibly compete with me one day.
You may be nice, but what about the next king?

Furthermore, he only wants to be an owner so he can have a direct say in his own labor. Without capitalism there wouldn't be need for winners and losers.

I have ambitions to help people around me, but also to give them power and control over their own lives, nt just through my generosity.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
They have a paramilitary to defend themselves from government thugs.

The working class are the ones with the power as all the defenders are just working class indigenous people defending their families, etc.
Wonder why so many folks in their "territory" leave and go to the cities for work then send the money back home to family members?

The Zapatistas have one hell of a racket going there...

Old 05-06-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:

Go right ahead. It's yours.
What if it would be better suited in the hands of the common good? Do I still get to keep it King Winterfall?

Old 05-06-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
I'll be caged or killed by you though.

Will you call off the dogs if I don't pay taxes?
Things aren't always a one way street.

I'm against the state forcing you to pay taxes.

Technically speaking though would you be ready to stop using public infrastructure in return (honest question, not an accusation, maybe you are)?

Old 05-06-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
What if it would be better suited in the hands of the common good? Do I still get to keep it King Winterfall?
It's your body, you get to keep it.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Wonder why so many folks in their "territory" leave and go to the cities for work then send the money back home to family members?

The Zapatistas have one hell of a racket going there...

What do you know about the Zapatistas struggle. They've been attacked and surrounded by government forces and yet still garner international support which keeps them alive.

They are just a microorganism of what's possible if implemented into wider society. They were poor and struggling under capitalism, and now that they want freedom to produce food for themselves they are attacked by government thugs.

Doesn't that make you angry?

Old 05-06-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
You may be nice, but what about the next king?

Furthermore, he only wants to be an owner so he can have a direct say in his own labor. Without capitalism there wouldn't be need for winners and losers.

I have ambitions to help people around me, but also to give them power and control over their own lives, nt just through my generosity.
I'm not helping him to be nice. I'm helping him because he is great at what he does and makes me more money. He's helping himself by in turn learning more and making more money and then he takes care of his family or whatever else he wants to do with it.

I'm not a king. He can leave anytime he wants and do what he wants unlike your syndicate where the outsiders must listen to and hand over their tools if deemed necessary by the collective.

There are no losers in capitalism. Only victims of mother nature.

Again, your problem is with existence/natural law...just like all the other statists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies