Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2018, 07:03 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,310,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Rocket man releases the 3 American hostages and they are coming back with SoS Pompeo.

Just heard the news on Fox, the actual cable news channel. Trump knows how to negotiate a deal and it starts with getting something.
Obama didn't know squat about making deals from a position of strength. He was weak and easy to manipulate and went into negotiations limp wristed. Pathetic place holder waiting for a real President to get elected. Trump elected and winning for America again.
'MAGA" AND THAT'S HOW ITS DONE.
Trump wins again.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:03 AM

10,037 posts, read 15,698,242 times
Wonderful news for their families. The President is going to be at Andrews at 2AM to meet the plane!

Old 05-09-2018, 07:04 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,063,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Good news, but after the Iran treaty debacle Im surprised N Korea would trust Trump and his cast of war mongering clowns.
This is what Kerry said about the "treaty" said in 2015 from a CNN article.

Quote:
"We've been clear from the beginning. We're not negotiating a 'legally binding plan.' We're negotiating a plan that will have in it a capacity for enforcement," he said at a Senate hearing.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:05 AM

3,870 posts, read 4,085,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I think Americans can be pleased these men are home -- and that includes liberals, conservatives, independents.

Oh dang I just got all adult like on you.
I bet there a few libbies that are not happy about it, being Trump had something to do with it. Go "adult" all yah want, but anythime I can bash libs, believe me I will.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:05 AM

10,819 posts, read 4,372,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Wonderful news for their families. The President is going to be at Andrews at 2AM to meet the plane!
I'd love to be there to see that, very powerful, so much power.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:06 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,692,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
So the wacky Korean is behaving more like an adult than trump is???trump did nothing ,South Korea and China has done it all .

Old 05-09-2018, 07:07 AM

10,819 posts, read 4,372,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
This is what Kerry said about the "treaty" said in 2015-
"We've been clear from the beginning. We're not negotiating a 'legally binding plan.' We're negotiating a plan that will have in it a capacity for enforcement," he said at a Senate hearing.
Damn, that is a great find

Old 05-09-2018, 07:08 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,095,644 times
Quote:

I think that Trumps' critics support diplomacy as the way to deal with North Korea.

And that's what he and Pompeo are doing now -- diplomacy -- that's all folks were asking for.

I would take that as a win for Trumps' critics. Showing that you get more results acting like adults than children.
Diplomacy is definitely the best way to deal with North Korea. And I have been very critical of POTUS 45. I still think Donald Trump is grossly unqualified to be president and doesn't really understand the intricate details of any of the issues he is charged to deal with.

However, as a mature adult, I'm able to tip my cap to Donald and Pompeo and acknowledge a "win" on this issue with the detainees. Good job done by all. Way to bring 'em home.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:09 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,286,013 times
If this was Hillary(ok, stop laughing), the Nobel committee would be waiting on the tarmac with her peace prize.

For those who post about unprovoked attacks on liberals, give me a break. Liberals have done nothing BUT ATTACK since Trump was elected. A classic case of dishing it out but not being able to take.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:13 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,506,666 times
Quote:
You left out a key element in your observation of the liberals.

I think that the criticism and concern for WWIII with North Korea was from when Trump was using the tactic of threatening and name calling of Kim Jong Lee.

I think that Trumps' critics support diplomacy as the way to deal with North Korea.

And that's what he and Pompeo are doing now -- diplomacy -- that's all folks were asking for.

I would take that as a win for Trumps' critics. Showing that you get more results acting like adults than children.
Diplomacy was always in Trump's toolbox for dealing with North Korea. What separated Trump from his critics, however, was his ability to apply unrelenting pressure on North Korea, backed by the very real possibility of going to war. Critics HATED that Trump was constantly pushing us to the brink of war, but that pressure campaign ended up proving effective in bringing Kim to the table. Was it a risky strategy? Yes.

Kim would not have been motivated to do anything had Trump backed down and taken the soft approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies