Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 08:58 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

I suppose they could try the Baltimore method of policing and just wait an hour before showing up.

By then there would likely be a fatality or two, probably some family member or neighbor would shoot the guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 08:58 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Right, but your relatives are part of the CPD which has a long-standing history of political protection and cover-ups including the recent Laquan McDonald case.

There is an inherent expectation that your relatives if they were to see something like that would say only things supporting the officer that did something bad and that they would be punished otherwise.

If you're part of a larger organization where some do something bad, then that doesn't automatically reflect upon you.
However, if the entire organization covers for one another then yeah, it does start to reflect on you.
Would that include being from a political party...........Say you are a Democrat or a Republican?

Old 05-04-2018, 09:42 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,434,030 times
The police did a good job with the unstable mental case. Do these people that film have jobs, or just leisure time to film and run their mouths?

Old 05-04-2018, 10:07 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Or a taser ?

I've mentioned before on here that for about 3 years we had to live on premises at a low income housing facility we managed. It is a real eye opener. There is an entire population in this world who do not think like most of us, and who have a completely different set of values than we do. Things that they consider normal, we would be appalled at.

This video shows that precisely.
Theres another video that shows the beginning of the confrontation ... They do apply a taster once backup arrives right before the suspect goes down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKvvUbOxIbw

Old 05-04-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't blame former President Obama for this. This crap was going on all the way back to the 1990s and 1980s. I wouldn't say our society is more violent than ever. Murder rates back in the 1980s were very high.

I agree with you that a generation of single mother families is a contributor to such problems, this is not something with origins in the Obama administration. Go read the Moynihan Report. Issues with fatherless homes were frequent in the ghettos during the 50s and 60s. The violent criminals during the 1970s and 1980s were born in the 1950s and 1960s.

Something else. You might not remember it being this bad. However, my father remembers things being kind of rough where he grew up. There were plenty of drug dealers, criminals, winos, and nut cases growing up where he did. And this was in the 1960s. When he grew up riots were taking place in cities like Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit,etc. It could have been much worse where he grew up, but he certainly remembers things like tensions/lack of respect between the police and the people in the neighborhood. He lived around it. It was this bad. You just didn't live around it. Plenty of people, especially in the Black population, have seen things this bad long before the Obama administration.
I do . Anytime that a a police shooting occurred , Obozo would get involved with the entire situation. Then politicize it . Even to the extend where he had the justice department investigating george zimmerman even though it was a state and local case... Never did he condemn the violence or the rhetoric behind it. Lets not fools ourselves.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I do . Anytime that a a police shooting occurred , Obozo would get involved with the entire situation. Then politicize it . Even to the extend where he had the justice department investigating george zimmerman even though it was a state and local case... Never did he condemn the violence or the rhetoric behind it. Lets not fools ourselves.
Dang, when did he ever find time to do anything else?

P.S. you didn't answer my earlier question.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No, I was specific. I did NOT blame all police forces and I simply pondered a possibility.

In Baltimore it's pretty much the entire force. They killed one of their own to keep him from testifying and not a one has been charged with it. It takes protection from the top down for that to happen.

Would you understand if one of these officers got their asses kicked?

Yes, I would understand if they get do get kicked around in Baltimore......but not every police department is like that.

Never trust government (in my opinion) , but respect the ones that do their job ethically .

Old 05-04-2018, 10:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Yes, I would understand if they get do get kicked around in Baltimore......but not every police department is like that.
Absolutely true. I just offered a possible explaination. May be totally off base.

Quote:
Never trust government (in my opinion) , but respect the ones that do their job ethically .
These officers shouldn't have to deal with this which is why I blamed society.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:54 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
And no other Presidents have condemned local violence either. Truth is, this problem is older than the Obama administration. You either missed my pointed or ignored it. This problem has been perpetuated since the 1950s.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:56 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
And that is why it takes 3 hours for a response on a 911 call
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies