Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2018, 05:24 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It's been discussed if you'd take a few minutes and read the thread.
tRump made a lot of noise about this 16 months ago.

So far, no results.

You can't expect a criminal to "take a bite out of crime."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2018, 05:32 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Murder and crime rate among blacks was low before the 1960 welfare kicked in, the statistics back it up.

Nothing else effeted the blakc community so drasficly from the 1960 until now exect the the ever-expanding welfare state.

It got worse in the 60s because that's then the expansion of welfare happened....

Because blacks believe they need outside help for social advancement are are using welfare at a disproportionate rate.

You can thank the Liberal victim mentality and subsidized single parent hoseholds for that.

When blacks stop committing so much crime, police will stop racially profiling you.

Until then, your black skin and my black skin will always be associated with the lowest of the low in the eyes of others.

I'm far more afraid than a hood rat than any police. A hood rat has no problem robbing me in broad daylight. There are black neighborhoods I wouldn't dare drive through.

The statistic are all the solid evidence needs for someone to justify their prejudice, stereotypes, and racial profiling.

You change the statistics, then you will change the stereotype.

You'll still be subjected to the racial profiling of those who do commit murder.

The blacks who kill other blacks think poorly of being black.

I don't care if Tiger Woods, Ben Carson, and Clarence Thomas all got together and said they think poorly of black people. As long as they are not out committing crime, they have represented the black community perfectly.

Nope, it shows that African Americans have far more opportunities than blacks in the rest of the world.

Go ahead, tell us what country you rather have been born in than America?

Yet you just said you don't care what happends to blacks in the ghetto. Stop contradicting yourself.

It was good enough for me.
My agenda is that black issue are largely self-inflicted.

You posting successful black cities proves my point. Just like when I mention black success doctors, lawyers, dentists, engineers, scientists, scholars, intellectuals, entertainers, musicians, athletes, etc. that have all proved that no one is holding blacks back from success.[/quote]

Realize that the only reason I'm applying is because I feel the need to prove you wrong. I'm getting sick of these long replies.

1) Black murder and crime were not very low in the 50s and 60s. Murder rates around 22.9 per 100,000 is not what I call low. And this was BEFORE welfare.

2) There is something that affected Black inner city neighborhoods really badly: Heroin, cocaine, other hard drugs. The drug war, de-industrialization of America. It affected alot of people, but Black Americans depended on the industrial jobs at even higher levels.

3) While welfare has had a role in this, I compare it to gasoline on fire. There was already a fire, the gasoline just made it bigger. What drove high murder rates and high out of wedlock birth rates BEFORE the expansion of welfare?

4) The Black population has always been at the bottom and in worse shape than anyone else going back to the 1800s. What drove really bad conditions for Blacks between 1865 and 1965?

5) Blacks were being treated badly by police and being harassed, brutalized,etc no matter what the crime was. History of mistreatment/profiling of Blacks is very old. The mentality of looking down on Blacks is nothing new. Instead of just saying "we hate Blacks", people can use statistics to justify how they feel, so they'll have a good excuse.

6) I have just as much fear of the hood rat as being subjected to police brutality. I don't want either to happen to me. My goal is to ensure neither of those things happen to me, period.

And yes, I know there are many Black neighborhoods we wouldn't be safe in. I'm aware of that. I used to have a job in such a neighborhood. Blight, prostitution, stupid stuff. There are also Hispanic neighborhoods I wouldn't dare go to, particularly in Los Angeles, with the gangs that have singled out Blacks and murdered them.

7) Historically, blacks were hated and looked down on regardless of what statistics say. Go read a history book. Like I said before, I don't care what the statistics say. Statistics are statistics. Statistics cannot hurt me. People can hurt me. I care about what people of any race can do to me. I cannot do anything about statistics or the persons who perpetrate them.

Personally, I don't care what is. I care about what I want. I want to live in a world where I don't have to worry about racial profiling. I don't care why anyone wants profile me. At the end of the day, how I'm treated matters. And it should matter to you. And I asked you some questions that you didn't answers.

a) If I am being law-abiding, why should I be subjected to racial profiling or police harassment? Why?
b) What is the benefit that I get from it?
c) And does it bother you if you get racially profiled?

I asked you those questions before. I expect answers from you. I don't want to here "it is what it is". I demand answers and tangible results.

8) I do care who looks down on Blacks. It determines how I as a Black man will be treated. And by the way, Carson, Rice, Woods, they don't look down on Black people. And I applaud them for their success. Their success does not, however, convince me to be a Republican.

9) Uh, yes, you referred to them as "White people of the Black global community". What else would I get from that other than a low opinion of Black people, as if "Whiteness" is the goal?

10) The answer to this question "Go ahead, tell us what country you rather have been born in than America?". Here it is: There are times I wish I had been born in Canada, UK, or Barbados. I won't lie about having my self-esteem knocked down. I will also admit that I've tried to move from the USA (applied for a Canadian work visa several years ago during a long stint of being unemployed).

11) And many Blacks have taken advantage of those opportunities and have done well. On the other hand, many Blacks living in the inner cities don't know what they have. What many see around them are blight, drug dealers, criminals,etc. The only way said persons will know what opportunities are out there is if there are more people to tell them what's out there, if they get out of the ghettos and see the rest of the world. I knew about the opportunities out there because I grew up a suburban kid. My father told me about things. I saw many things out there. I know what I know because of what I was shown, what I was told about, where I lived, what I was exposed to. People in the ghetto often don't know what opportunities are out there because of what they see where they personally live.

12) I never said I didn't care. I said that where I live, Black on Black crime isn't something I'm worrying about. Where I live, I have a different set of problems to worry about. If I lived in a Black neighborhood in the inner city with high rates of violence, yes I would worry alot more. Being a Black male, I know I have a higher chance of being murdered. My point is that where I live and what I have to live around dictates the things I take care of first. I have to worry about what people think of me a Black man. As for Blacks in the rest of the world, many are dealing with different things from what Black Americans deal with here. I don't live in those places. I live here. I have to deal with what's here in America. What people think of me here in America is a pressing issue for me.

13) The self-reliance part is not good enough for ME. You have to convince ME. I can have or not have self reliance without either political party.

14) I never once said Blacks couldn't succeed. I can point to many Black success stories. They are out there. They are easy to find and in ample supply.

My whole point is this. You feel the Republican Party is the answer. I don't. I don't think the answer lies with any political party. That is why I brought up Tulsa and Seattle. My point was that it doesn't matter if it's Democrats or Republicans.

Old 05-05-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Due to geography and transportation, Chicago is a hub for distribution of illegal drugs in the US. Gangs operate at the retail end of the spectrum. The typical customer is a white male in his early 20’s, the safest guy in the ghetto.

Most heroin is sourced from South America, Central America and Mexico. The bulk arrives via boats. Fentanyl comes from China, usually in cargo containers.
Atlanta is another hub for drug distribution. Several interstates, and drugs coming up from Miami.

Old 05-05-2018, 05:41 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Vermont is quite liberal, very Democratic. Very low murder, one of the safest places in the USA. No death penalty. Minnesota has no death penalty. Quite liberal too. It has one of the lowest murder rates in the USA. Has the lowest murder rate of any state with a city of 250,000+ within its borders. By the way, it has two cities with populations of 250,000+ people.

States with the lowest murder rates
New Hampshire
Maine
Minnesota
Massachusetts
North Dakota
Connecticut
Vermont
Iowa
Utah
Hawaii

Out of those states, only Utah and New Hampshire have the death penalty.

The states with the highest murder rates:
Louisiana
Missouri
Alabama
Illinois
Mississippi
Maryland
Nevada
South Carolina
Tennessee
Arkansas

All of those states except Illinois have the death penalty.

It is interesting that you mention Miami. I think I mentioned Miami to you many threads ago. I brought up a clip from Gangland. Members of Zoe Pound, a gang in Miami, had the attitude of "if I kill you, what can the state do to me? They can kill me. So if I kill 14 more people, what can the state do to me? They can only kill me one time".

I will also bring up a quote from a New Orleans gangland episode. Det. James Bernazzani mentioned this:
"Some of these kids outgun the cops, and they don't care if they die. And they don't care who dies. And it has nothing to do with law enforcement. It has everything to do with their ideal of 'I don't give a (explicative)' ".

The death penalty doesn't scare someone who doesn't see themselves living to 30.
Zoe Pond ! That’s the one.

I seriously doubt anything will “ fix” hood rats like this.

The state, not the city controls Minimum Sentencing and Parole.

There are about 2.7 million who live in Chicago and 10 million in Chicago metro. CPD claims most shootings are being done by 1000 who pass through the state’s revolving prison doors. In those rare instances where a suspect is caught, he likely has a long rap sheet beginning in his early teens, if not younger. Throwaway kids.

Old 05-05-2018, 05:42 PM

40,953 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
tRump made a lot of noise about this 16 months ago.

So far, no results.
Trump found out Chicago was content with Bangers shooting bangers. It's a problem that tends to take care of itself.

CPD just cleans up after.

Old 05-05-2018, 05:46 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
boys need fathers. until black women choose to marry before having 3 of 4 black children without a husband committed to co-parent their children, most young, black men will be lost.

Old 05-05-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Before the 1960s, blacks were matching whites in several statistics. Furthermore, there is no reason blacks can't match African immigrants in other statistics.

Makes no difference if the gaps between races are still widening. If 5 more blacks are getting degrees, but 500 more Asians, Hispanics, and whites are getting degrees. There is no real progress. The idea is to decrease the gap, not widen it.

Yes, and the blame belongs to democrats for completely butchering the black vote for decades. For the foreseeable future, Chicago and other similar cities will remain war zones controlled by democrats.

You can thank BLM for that.

What bothers me are statistics and blind loyalty to the democrats. What bothers me is the self-perpetuating fatherless homes liberals have created in their ever-expanding welfare state and the regression of the black community the statistics reflect.

That is not what the statistics say
African Americans are the only U.S. racial group earning less than in 2000
1) Well, for the purpose of this discussion, I'm talking about crime, out of wedlock births, and education. Focus on that. Do not deviate from the topic.

2) Yes, and goes back to what I was talking about. Blacks are starting from a very low place, and we have a large underclass compared to other groups. Hence, I mentioned the underclass profusely in my post.

3) Explain how Democrats butcher the Black vote. People can choose who to vote for.

4) Stories about Black negativity have been getting more attention than positive stories for years, long before BLM even formed. Wrong answer.

5) What does blind loyalty to a political part, fatherless homes, have to do with that I was talking about? Yes, I addressed fatherless homes. I even agreed with you about it on another post. I just disagree about the political part. Those are totally separate issues. What you brought up can be solve by making good choices. What I brought up, I can't do much about on my own. Yes, fatherless homes are a big problem. That said, I have a father. As for political loyalties, my vote, my problem, no one else.

Address these issues.
1) The glorification of thug culture in American pop culture
2) Black nerds being looked at as "lames" and "jokes" in American pop culture.

6) The Great Recession took alot of people out, Blacks, Whites, Hispanics,Asians,etc. Blacks just got hit harder. My point is that look at 1960 vs now, more Blacks have been getting higher education, getting into the middle class. The underclass has just been left behind and getting worse.

Old 05-05-2018, 05:52 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Just to be correct, there were 4 homicides not 49. Let's not take the Trump way of reporting news.
So 44 need target practice. Probably from holding the gun sideways all hood like.

Old 05-05-2018, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Zoe Pond ! That’s the one.

I seriously doubt anything will “ fix” hood rats like this.

The state, not the city controls Minimum Sentencing and Parole.

There are about 2.7 million who live in Chicago and 10 million in Chicago metro. CPD claims most shootings are being done by 1000 who pass through the state’s revolving prison doors. In those rare instances where a suspect is caught, he likely has a long rap sheet beginning in his early teens, if not younger. Throwaway kids.
That is correct. Zoe Pound is scary. And some of its members seem indifferent to pain or dying. And they are not the only ones.

The death penalty won't deter people who value a reputation or material things over their own lives. How do you fix someone who doesn't care whether he lives or dies?

The state does control minimum sentencing and parole. I agree with you there. This is why it makes me wonder about Missouri. It has mandatory minimums, and the death penalty. St. Louis is a more violent city than Chicago.

The shootings, the shooters, if they are just going in and out of prison most of their lives, they're pretty much used to it. If they haven't killed anyone, they will likely be continuing that life.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:42 PM

78,452 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Most guns are sourced from the suburbs, Indiana and Wisconsin.

Straw purchasing is alive and well.

It is reasonable to assume everyone is carrying, legal or otherwise, in some of these neighborhoods.

Chicago’s gun violence rate does not clear top ten.
These are drug gangs. They import drugs globally.

so, while they may straw purchase from other areas, does it matter?

Meaning that people in Lincoln park can straw purchase but their murder rate is still lower than Canada.

Oh and that if you're going to smuggle in heroin and coke...you can also smuggle in guns.

Basically, guns are a wedge issue for urban areas to ignore their own racism and resultant poverty and turn around and blame it on everybody else.

Here is an interesting graph though. Black incarceration rate by county.

https://www.google.com/search?q=blac...zGHy_Bn07BGLM:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies