Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2018, 09:20 PM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
What would be that other regression?
Increased out of wedlock birthrate, increased abortion rate, increased achievement gap rate,increased educational gap rate, income regression, obesity rate, etc.

Shall I continue?
Quote:
This thread is about murders and shootings in Chicago. If the topic of the thread shows improvement, it would be natural for one to express encouragement at that positive development.
The topic of the thread is about shootings in Chicago, including the underlying cause of them which will be her for the foreseeable future (subsidizing and instinctives for single parent households).

Patting yourself on the back isn't going to stop the shootings in Chicago or any other city.

Last edited by Rocko20; 05-07-2018 at 09:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 09:32 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,546,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Increased out of wedlock birthrate, increased abortion rate, increased achievement gap rate,increased educational gap rate, income regression, obesity rate, etc.

Shall I continue?
Well I'm not sure all of those have gotten worse in Chicago lately, but regardless ....

Quote:
The topic of the thread is about shooting in Chicago, including the underlying cause of them.

Patting yourself on the back isn't going to stop the shootings in Chicago or any other city.
... if we're supposed to talk about every possible underlying reason for the high murder rates in Chicago, we could end up talking about everything under the sun including the importation of African indentured servants to Virginia in the early 1600's. Do we really need to expand this topic that far? I hardly think so.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:40 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
why isnt it on the list of most violent big cities?

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/01...ch-state-2014/

Perhaps the evidence of self-reliance, which conservatism preaches, is beyond your comprehension.

You don't understand the destruction social programs have done to the black nuclear family and it's fine, most liberals don't.
That article was from January 2015, so don't try that outdated crap with me.

Some updated stuff:
Tulsa and Oklahoma City made this list of 61 cities with the highest murder rates per capita | Homepagelatest | tulsaworld.com

Violent crime is up 38 percent in Tulsa: Look at the stats and attend the free Let's Talk discussion | Slideshows | tulsaworld.com

This list shows Tulsa being on the list of some of the most violent cities in America for each state. It is the most violent city in Oklahoma, and it ranks #14 on this list. This means 36 other cities on that list are safer than Tulsa.
FBI data reveals some of the most violent cities in nearly every state - Business Insider

Self-reliance is not beyond my comprehension. Libertarianism teaches that. I'm debating that you say the Democrats are basically no good for Blacks. I'm saying that the Republicans are no better. You say the Democrats have don't have to do much for the Black vote. What are Republicans doing to get Black votes? I never said the Democrats are better. Not once have I said that. You are saying that the Democrats have a duty to make the cities safer, therefore, failing Blacks. But then, you say Republicans are about self-reliance. So one party is suppose to do something, but the other party doesn't have to do anything?

Let me tell you something. I've read the Moynihan Report. And according to the Moynihan Report, the Black nuclear family was declining, specifically in the inner cities starting in the 1950s. Out of wedlock birth rates were slowly going up in the 1950s. The welfare program's merely put gasoline on a fire. It was getting bad before. Black people were leading the USA in out-of-wedlock births since the 1930s.

In 1960, Black children were 3 times as likely to be living in a single parent home as White children. The truth is, the rates of children being in single parent homes have been rising for all groups. Blacks have been leading the pack in this category since the 1950s and 60s. And here is something else for you to think about. Back in the Depression, there was a welfare program for indigent mothers whose husbands left them/or they were widowed. Look up ADC. Blacks were basically barred in many places from partaking in the program. https://theconversation.com/how-raci...nce-1935-63574

Blacks were far less likely to benefit from ADC. White females made up the vast majority of beneficiaries. And yes, Blacks were leading the nation in out of wedlock births and homes where the father wasn't there. Granted, Black people were more likely to live in nuclear families back in those days. However, compared to the White population, the Black population still had a higher percentage of fatherless homes and out of wedlock births. While the expanded welfare state had a role to play, that isn't the only factor to consider.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:42 PM

Quote:
I can't stop thugs and hood rats from committing murders. Most people can't, other than the police. The only thing I can do is make sure I don't go to those neighborhoods. Or, if I have to go there, I'll have a gun with me. If I see something or if I'm a victim, I'll call the police and have the perps locked up. I can only protect myself and call the police if something happens. Alot of those murderers don't care if they live or die. This is everywhere.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Well I'm not sure all of those have gotten worse in Chicago lately, but regardless ....

... if we're supposed to talk about every possible underlying reason for the high murder rates i.
Every possible reason? Huh?

There's only one reason. The subsidizing and incentivizing of single parent households by the liberal welfare state leading to out of wedlock birthrates, fatherless homes, and kids growing up to be criminals.

You never found it weird that we are still shooting eachother up in 2018?

How tragic for your to have such a low opinion of our race. Some of us actually find this crime intolerable.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:48 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,866,449 times
Default 85 people shot in six day stretch in Chicago, as St. Louis records 11 homicides in 11 days

Chicago sees its most violent week of the year: 9 killed, 76 wounded - Chicago Tribune

St. Louis records 11 killings in 11 days | Law and order | stltoday.com

The Democratic party can't be trusted to solve any problems. They have shown time and time again that they have no solutions to any problem.

It has become a do-nothing sham of a party that is good at one thing only: raising taxes.

Seems like the warm weather really caused aggression to skyrocket in at least a few Midwestern cities.

There are cities like Irvine, California in conservative Orange County and Gilbert, Arizona that are of similar population to St. Louis only average a few homicides a year.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I can't stop thugs and hood rats from committing murders.
Wrong. You can make a difference by setting an example and adapting a self-reliance conservative approach.

When more blacks understand no one is coming to save us, they will then learn to depend on themselves and not handouts which only incentivize and exacerbate the problem.

We tried welfare for decades dude, clearly it's not working. Lets try independence and self-reliance, that looks like a winner. It worked so far for all the successful black lawyers, doctors, engineers, scientists, veterans, that accomplished far more than what welfare would've allowed.

Stop the victim mentality. The 40 acres and a mule aren't coming, ever.

Last edited by Rocko20; 05-07-2018 at 10:01 PM..

Old 05-07-2018, 09:54 PM

107 posts, read 74,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Chicago sees its most violent week of the year: 9 killed, 76 wounded - Chicago Tribune

St. Louis records 11 killings in 11 days | Law and order | stltoday.com

The Democratic party can't be trusted to solve any problems. They have shown time and time again that they have no solutions to any problem.

It has become a do-nothing sham of a party that is good at one thing only: raising taxes.

Seems like the warm weather really caused aggression to skyrocket in at least a few Midwestern cities.

There are cities like Irvine, California in conservative Orange County and Gilbert, Arizona that are of similar population to St. Louis only average a few homicides a year.

america is a fail state.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
T
Let me tell you something. I've read the Moynihan Report. And according to the Moynihan Report, the Black nuclear family was declining, specifically in the inner cities starting in the 1950s. Out of wedlock birth rates were slowly going up in the 1950s. The welfare program's merely put gasoline on a fire. It was getting bad before. Black people were leading the USA in out-of-wedlock births since the 1930s.
Merely put gasoline on the fire? The welfare state blew up the whole house with dynamite.

Blacks were making excellent progress before the 1960s, when welfare took off. Ofcourse gaps between demographics were there but the gaps were closing, not widening. Now? Good God, you don't want to see the statistics now.

Welfare took the power out of blacks and put it in the hands of the government. And the government, completely butchered it with unintended consequences.

The only solution now is full rejection of the liberal policies, philosophies, and handouts that got us into this mess.

Last edited by Rocko20; 05-07-2018 at 10:10 PM..

Old 05-07-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Wrong. You can make a difference by setting an example and adapting a self-reliance conservative approach.

When more blacks understand no one is coming to save us, they will then learn to depend on themselves and not handouts which only incentivize and exacerbate the problem.

We tried welfare for decades dude, clearly it's not working. Lets try Independence and self-reliance, that looks like a winner. Its worked so far for all the successful black lawyers, doctors, engineers, scientists, veterans, that accomplished far more than what welfare would've allowed.

Stop the victim mentality.
There are plenty of Black people in America who live their lives depending on their own strength. We can start with the Black middle class. Black people going out every day, working, not depending on welfare. Black people who go to college, get decent degrees, and go pound the pavement looking for good jobs, not looking for welfare. Finding Black people setting those examples, that isn't hard. I can start with my own neighbors who live in my subdivision. It hasn't stopped members of the Black underclass from turning to crime. It has stopped one of my classmates from getting the "hood" out of his system, despite him living in the suburbs.

Not once have I said that self-reliance was a bad idea. My problem is with your partisan rants. You say on one had that the Democratic Party is getting the Black vote, they have a responsibility to Black people. And yet, when I ask you what Republicans could do for Black people, you don't seem to challenge the Republican Party with the same responsibility to make neighborhoods safe.

By the way, you can be self-reliant WITHOUT the Republican Party. Libertarians preach about that alot more.

Something else. I notice that the Black middle class starting growing in the 1960s when Civil Rights legislation was gaining steam. I notice with the dismantling of Jim Crow segregation and the other legalized forms of racial discrimination being dismantled, more Black people started entering the middle class. More people have been going to school, getting the university diplomas, going on to professional jobs. And when Black people with the resources were able to leave the neighborhoods they once lived in, they left. When they could live wherever they wanted, they went elsewhere, where they felt the pastures were greener. Those who stayed behind were often the underclass.

Either you are missing MY point, or you aren't listening at all and don't intend to listen. I have never said that Black people should go on welfare. I'm saying that alot of issues were taking place BEFORE the expansion of the welfare state. While Patrick Moynihan warned about many issues that could take place, he also mentioned there were already problems going on. When have I fostered a victim mentality? Name one time!!!

Something else. That 90 percent of the Black population that votes Democrat, a large part of that consists of middle class Blacks, professionals, the teachers, engineers, real estate workers, etc. Explain the large amount of Democratic votes by Blacks living outside of the ghetto (and there are more Blacks living outside of the ghetto than in it). Explain college educated Black people working in good jobs voting for Democrats. They aren't looking for welfare. They aren't looking for handouts. They can take care of themselves. And they, they are voting Democrat. Explain that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies