Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 01:12 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
These feminists are taking women backwards. What happened to strong female empowerment? They can’t take a joke without being “shaken”? I see so many making a mountain out of a molehill, and it’s not a good look for women. This joke wasn’t offensive!
It seems to be a requirement these days that to be a valid feminist one must be a victim of male aggression. She needed to find something and this apparently was the best she could come up with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 01:25 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
These feminists are taking women backwards. What happened to strong female empowerment? They can’t take a joke without being “shaken”? I see so many making a mountain out of a molehill, and it’s not a good look for women. This joke wasn’t offensive!
Some random examples that come to mind:

1. The OP article - and a grown womans' apparent inability to not only refuse to be offended by what was obviously a mild-elevator joke (would she have been pissed if he said "housewares" instead of lingerie? I bet she would have) but also her inability to identify what is truly sexually harassing behavior and what was a mild joke between colleagues at a conference.

2. The move to allow transgendered individuals to compete in womens divisions of sporting events. Do the research on how participation in sports has been proven to positively benefit the self-esteem of young women - and now extrapolate how those same young women will feel when those with natural physical strength advantages (ie. males who self-identify as female) continually win and those previously successful young women are now continually losing.

Also consider the consequences in terms of female athletic scholarship opportunities, professional female sports opportunities, sponsorship opportunities, role modeling up and coming young female athletes. Also consider the consequences of long standing elite female athletic records.

3. Consider Michelle Obama's recent comments openly wondering how women could have dismissed Clinton and voted for Trump. Or the president of Planned Parenthood making a speech at a womens march rally chastising white women "white women need to do better - women of color cannot do it alone" (ie: save the country from Trump). Go ahead. Openly and in large scale public forums feel free to demonize women who did not vote the way you wanted them to vote.

4. Germany providing train cars exclusively for women - publicly to help women "feel safe" while taking public transportation and in light of large scale refugee attacks against women in that country a couple of years ago. Women being segregated. For all of the right reasons of course. Purely in the interest of their safety of course...............

Real racism exists in this country but far left liberals have overused the term so much for so many years that calling someone a racist no longer has the same impact it had only a few years ago. It minimizes true cases of racism that exists and that is just a lousy, crying damn shame.

The same can be said for sexism. It's out there, it's legitimate and it's toxic. But cases like the moron in the link do real sexism (and its often destructive consequences) a grave disservice.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:28 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,086,000 times
Maybe he wanted to wear nighties?

Anyway, to satisfy the ladies he should be fired. And replace him with a lady.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:41 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Better get used to it. This is how our society will become after the big blue wave hits....
Yes and we all need to stand against it and refuse to give in. In the end this conflict between conservatives and these far left freaks will bring conflict to this nation. Better sooner than later, the “big blue wall” IMO should be met with red state secession. I say no more, I’d rather watch this country burn than see those people impose thier twisted worldview on us. No more apologies, no more backing down. I’m glad this guy won’t apologize, the rebellion starts with defiance

Old 05-07-2018, 01:58 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
I agree she was out of line with her claim of being offended, and was probably hoping to encounter such an opportunity to get her name in the news.

As far as feminism, back in the mid-70s I joined a secretarial organization (they later renamed the title to Administrative Assistant). At first the meetings were very informative as we discussed our jobs, latest technology, and ways to improve and increase our skills.

Unfortunately it turned into male-bashing. When I questioned why the switch in topics many spoke up that men are our enemies, but they never clearly defined 'enemy'. I told them I felt sorry for them and never went back.

Old 05-07-2018, 02:00 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Before I even read the article, I thought it was going to be something related to gender studies, activism, something. Seems these people engaged in these activities have some real mental issues, and are in search of being a perpetual victim so they can peddle the importance of their activism and studies.

Old 05-07-2018, 02:53 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
This is what happens when you put mentally defective misfits into prominent positions. The vetting systems used to weed these nuts out, no longer.

https://www.chronicle.com/article/He...he-Isnt/243350
Yes, looks like the Chosenites are at it again stirring up trouble with the Goyim. She almost had me convinced she was Italian with that last name but nope! “Born in Romania and raised in Israel” the article stated.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:51 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
While such jokes indeed can be offensive (this is coming from someone who likes to tell racist/sexist jokes), the level of offensiveness and how you react perhaps could be a bigger issue. Realistically, free speech has consequences. Whether or not those consequences are just is another story. I don't see this as being necessary to add to the MeToo crusade.

Old 05-07-2018, 04:52 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That’s funny...you right wingers are STILL crying over the White House Correspondents Dinner.
One of these things is not like the other. If he had said something derogatory to her, that would have been offensive (as some of those jokes at the dinner were). He didn’t basically call her a Nazi. He made a joke about going to the lingerie floor.

Old 05-07-2018, 05:00 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Yes, looks like the Chosenites are at it again stirring up trouble with the Goyim. She almost had me convinced she was Italian with that last name but nope! “Born in Romania and raised in Israel” the article stated.
Okay, now that’s offensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies