Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 05:59 PM

9,457 posts, read 5,229,337 times

Advertisements

Deleting duplicate post.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:01 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,287,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
No u

Quote:
1) How is the government separating families at the border?
To be clear, there is no official Trump policy stating that every family entering the US without papers has to be separated. What there is is a policy that all adults caught crossing into the US illegally are supposed to be criminally prosecuted — and when that happens to a parent, separation is inevitable.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:02 PM

9,457 posts, read 5,229,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
The problem is that the children are incarcerated. They are put in a detention center where they must remain together for 22 hours per day. They are allowed to be outside and enjoy fresh air and sunlight 2 hours per day. They are medicated without consultation with their parents. Essentially, their rights are severely restricted even though they did not make any decisions and had no intent to do anything that should result in having their rights restricted.

The USA is happily doing nothing to address illegal immigration from the USA to Canada. Canada detains all illegal immigrants, but ensures that children and parents are kept together and that they can enjoy human rights such as open access to fresh air and sunlight.
I saw the newscast this evening showing the locations the children are ‘detained.’ I do not agree with this approach. I cannot speak to your accusation about medications, etc.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:03 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Did anyone ever expect the US government to emulate the Nazis while some Americans cheer them on?
In all my years I never imagined this ...

Old 06-14-2018, 06:05 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I think everyone who has a problem with this should open their homes up and take in the illegal families until their court date - they all go to court as a family and they are all deported at a family.

We also have no idea if these children are actually their children of if the adults are claiming this just to gain sympathy.

How about instead those who think this is OK pay the extra costs associated with this. Including any eventual lawsuits? Because I assure you there will be.

Fun fact-the guy running the "non-profit" that imprisons these children is paid over 700K a year....

Old 06-14-2018, 06:06 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,957,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
You say they have fresh air and sunlight and then you say they don't.

They are addressing illegal immigration as it should, breaking the law. Can you please show me where Canada treats law breakers (illegal immigrants) as you say?
No, you are mistaken.

In the USA, children of illegal immigrant are separated from parents, put in a detention center, medicated, and they do not have open access to fresh air and sunlight.

In Canada, children of illegal immigrants (illegally entering Canada from the USA) are kept with their parents and they have unrestricted access to parental protection/supervision, fresh air and sunlight.

Can I find a link that says Canada does not separate children from illegal immigrants, put those children in detention centers, medicate them without parental consent, and severely restrict their movements? Nope. It's such a ludicrous idea that no one in Canada needs to state that this does not happen.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:10 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamjedlicka View Post
The parents are taken into custody for illegally entering the US. Minor children can’t be incarcerated and are therefore separated from the parent(s) and ‘detained’ elsewhere. This is the parents’ fault. Not Trump’s.

Exactly! I guess the pro-illegals in here would rather their kids go to jail with the parents when they did nothing wrong their parents did. This policy is only about those adults entering our country illegally with their kids it's not about those seeking asylum.

Do American law breakers take their kids to jail with them? Bet all we'll hear is crickets.....

Old 06-14-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
No u
Again what part of me lied? I posted literally the governemnt regulations that indicate that you have to be in the US in order to ask for asylum after you stated otherwise.

You responded with a out of context statement.
Quote:
1) How is the government separating families at the border?
To be clear, there is no official Trump policy stating that every family entering the US without papers has to be separated. What there is is a policy that all adults caught crossing into the US illegally are supposed to be criminally prosecuted — and when that happens to a parent, separation is inevitable.

Let me respond with a ton of Republicans calling this a new Trump policy, along with source material:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...lies-at-border

NOTHING in the 1997 law Trumps administration has been citing requires the separation of families. NOTHING.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly! I guess the pro-illegals in here would rather their kids go to jail with the parents when they did nothing wrong their parents did. This policy is only about those adults entering our country illegally with their kids it's not about those seeking asylum.

Do American law breakers take their kids to jail with them? Bet all we'll hear is crickets.....
No, but we dont put their kids in cages either now do we?

And YES its about those seeking asylum as well:
https://www.refinery29.com/2018/06/2...parated-border
Quote:
A grandmother seeking asylum who got separated from her 16-year-old grandson with disabilities.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:13 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamjedlicka View Post
The parents are taken into custody for illegally entering the US. Minor children can’t be incarcerated and are therefore separated from the parent(s) and detained elsewhere. This is the parents’
they are incarcerated, they are certainly not free to leave are they? Their activities are mandated by staff and their freedom limited - that my dear friend is incarceration. Try to show some empathy we are talking about children
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies