Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 08:20 AM

1,874 posts, read 819,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
That's not the question. I'm asking if, as Christians, people agree with Jeff and Sarah.
that's actually not what the poll asked. if they are using the bible to justify the law, I don't agree because that makes no sense. you don't need anything to justify a law that already exists.

9,196 posts, read 7,236,969 times
Christian (well, Unitarian, so I'm not sure many Christians would count me as one of them), and I think it is abhorrent. I pray that this policy discontinues soon, and that the children effected by it have the resilience to heal from the trauma.

5,735 posts, read 3,255,779 times
The Obama administration simply handed over migrant kids to anyone who claimed to be a parent. Often the "parents" were human traffickers, and the kids were handed over to slavery, rape, death. So get that fact into the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Oh yes, those children crying out for their mamas and papas as they are ripped from the parents are victims of "sex trafficking".

Start thinking before typing.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:21 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.be630cf6e9c5

https://itep.org/undocumented-immigr.../#.V-Q4CWWj-lL

Old 06-19-2018, 08:21 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
Its very simple. Are the laws being followed or are they not? You don't get to say rules don't apply just because of your feels. I would prefer the laws were changed so the whole family was deported. Come here legally or don't come at all. It is really pretty simple.

It really isn't, not as long as those who hire illegals giving them reason to come here get little mote than a slap on the wrist when caught.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Jesus would certainly support this civil policy. When Ceasar issued the census decree, Mary and Joseph went to Bethlehem.

“Give to Caesar what is Ceasar’s, give to God what is God’s”.
yes, jesus believed people should follow secular laws

Old 06-19-2018, 08:22 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You.
They are not using the bible to support separating children from their parents at the border as a deterrent. They are using it to support upholding the law.

Romans 13: Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. [SIZE=2]2 [/SIZE]Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. [SIZE=2]3 [/SIZE]For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. [SIZE=2]4 [/SIZE]For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. [SIZE=2]5 [/SIZE]Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

Nothing in there about supporting separating children from their parents at the border as a deterrent. Fact.

Using the bible to support separating children from their parents at the border as a deterrent.
Lie.

You are twisting fact to support your won agenda.
Doesn't have to say "Separate Children" The Bible extols you to obey the law of the land. Regardless if you like it or not.....

Old 06-19-2018, 08:23 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
of course a little one is going to cry for their parents, when their parents are being processed....whataya think?

Good Lord, why don't you carry on for your own people's children here in the states, citizens, that are being abused, hit, killed, shot, sold for drug money, every single day??????? Your allowing the media to do your thinking for you. Cry for them...why don't you? They need you....these kids at the border are being WELL taken care of....
Righhhhtttttt

Show me the Republican policies and initiatives which seek to lessen or eradicate any of your "concerns"

I'll wait.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It really isn't, not as long as those who hire illegals giving them reason to come here get little mote than a slap on the wrist when caught.
two wrongs don't make a right. and I fully support much, much harsher penalties for companies hiring illegals. i would support jail time for those caught hiring illegals.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:24 AM

10,535 posts, read 6,171,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You.
They are not using the bible to support separating children from their parents at the border as a deterrent. They are using it to support upholding the law.

Romans 13: Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. [SIZE=2]2 [/SIZE]Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. [SIZE=2]3 [/SIZE]For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. [SIZE=2]4 [/SIZE]For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. [SIZE=2]5 [/SIZE]Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

Nothing in there about supporting separating children from their parents at the border as a deterrent. Fact.

Using the bible to support separating children from their parents at the border as a deterrent.
Lie.

You are twisting fact to support your won agenda.
No I'm not.

Jeff Sessions said outright it was a deterrent:

John Kelly said it was deterrent:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...p-immigration/

FACT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies