Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 01:36 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Completely false. These people are seeking asylum, they are on hold and have to wait outside of the US or they then choose to enter illegally, they are arrested and separated.
You cannot request asylum unless you are on US soil. You CANNOT "wait outside" the us while seeking asylum.

Please stop lying.
https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/r...-united-states
Quote:
To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States. You may apply for asylum status regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:39 PM

22,457 posts, read 11,981,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Looks like you posted an incomplete piece of work. Fixed it for ya!

Of course you aren't going to vote for Trump. You are Canadian. MYOB.

That said, never mind the fact that you totally ignore that it was Obama who put those kids in cages. Besides, the guy in the photo is an illegal alien. Are you saying that he fraudulently voted for Trump?

Old 06-18-2018, 01:40 PM

62,885 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
They wouldn't have been working in the US unless someone hired them and again you are confusing illegal immigration with those seeking amnesty. If one is seeking asylum and has there child taken from them it is cruel. It causes irreversible harm and damage to innocent kids. Is this what we have become?
Trump and company DO own this atrocity.

I see, so only the bank robber is guilty but not the one driving the get-away car? No one forces these illegals over the border to work here and they know what they are doing is wrong so they are just as guilty as those who hire them.

No one seeking asylum at a legal port of entry is being separated from their kids. I have posted a link several times proving it. It is only those parents that entered our country illegally with their kids that it is happening to as they are going to jail. Want their kids in jail with them? Since when do American law breakers get to take their kids to jail with them?

Old 06-18-2018, 01:45 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,842,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
No matter how many times this lie is told, it is still a lie.

Obama did not hold children as hostages to get bill passed or a wall built.
Then what were the cages for, ambience?

Old 06-18-2018, 01:46 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,527,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
God/Jesus does not get involved with politics.
You don't know much about Christianity do you.

Having a parent drag you hundreds of miles across desert, put you in the hands of coyotes, knowing you could be separated or worse is doing the damage. Want to protect your children don't commit crimes, don't get involved in dangerous activity.
Betting I know more then you do on the topic. Our so called government uses religion to run for office and uses it to justify thier actions.

Fleeing a country that’s hostile to you and your family one shouldn’t have to worry about getting to said country being just as hostile.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:47 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You cannot request asylum unless you are on US soil. You CANNOT "wait outside" the us while seeking asylum.

Please stop lying.
https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/r...-united-states

From your link:
To apply for asylum in the U.S., you must be physically present in the U.S. or seeking entry into the U.S. at a port of entry.
Sneaking over the border then yelling asylum does not negate the fact you just entered illegally.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:47 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,901,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
B*** S***! They can apply for refugee status in Mexico. Which is what they were supposed to do in the first place, instead of traveling through MX to the land of free ****.
Wrong again...this is from USCIS site.
Quote:
Asylum
Asylum status is a form of protection available to people who:

Meet the definition of refugee
Are already in the United States
Are seeking admission at a port of entry

You may apply for asylum in the United States regardless of your country of origin or your current immigration status. For more information about asylum status, see the “Asylum” section.
Quote:
Every year people come to the United States seeking protection because they have suffered persecution or fear that they will suffer persecution due to:

Race
Religion
Nationality
Membership in a particular social group
Political opinion
If you are eligible for asylum you may be permitted to remain in the United States. To apply for Asylum, file a Form I-589, Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal, within one year of your arrival to the United States. There is no fee to apply for asylum.

You may include your spouse and children who are in the United States on your application at the time you file or at any time until a final decision is made on your case. To include your child on your application, the child must be under 21 and unmarried. For more information see our Form I-589, Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal page.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:50 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,035,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You don't get it.

I've linked and quoted from both the U.S.C. and treaties which clearly say asylum claimants, no matter how they enter the USA, have a right to ask for asylum, and are subject to due process.

American law requires that, as do the treaties the US has agreed to.

Is the USA a nation of laws or not? Ya can't be pickin' and choosin'.
Yes, you can pick and choose. Laws are not absolutes. Invasion from a foreign country is not covered by due process. Someone who walks over the border is an illegal invader and is due no process. I don't care what the law says, as it was not designed to cover wholesale invasion by groups of itinerants. So the law can be suspended in an emergency in the same way that martial law can be declared to cover an emergency. So I really don't care that the authorities are disobeying this law, if they are. Bad laws that serve to aid in our destruction should be disobeyed. Laws are a product of men, and men make mistakes and men fail to project certain realities. The current reality calls for ignoring asylum law, and rewriting it to fit the invasion conditions currently present.

So if one person occasionally enters the country fleeing persecution on an ad hoc basis, we can utilize the asylum law as it was intended. When a mass of invaders is entering our country for their edification and personal advancement (aka getting jobs and enjoying freedom), asylum law is null and void, de facto, if not de jure. Law suspended. Wasn't intended for this.

Now, you are obsessing on this technicality but ignoring the fact this is an organized invasion with aid and comfort being provided by collectivists and Leftists who hate Capitalism, hate freedom, and hate our country. They are fomenting insurrection on purpose and with malice aforethought.

They understand that the typical invader in this instance comes from a corrupt and diseased Central or South American nanny state, often in the throes of its death. Nonetheless, the mentality that created these nanny states exists in the people who were its citizens and created it and excused it and allowed it and are now running from it. So we can't just have them invading our country and eventually becoming voters who end up supporting collectivist philosophy coded into laws. Laws that will result in our eventual destruction, just as it destroyed the original homes of today's invaders.

So we must repel these invaders by keeping them out. Unless they want to apply for citizenship BEFORE ARRIVING, abstain from any social services for 20 years after citizenship is granted, speak English, and dedicate themselves to the core principles of freedom, individual rights, Capitalism, and rejection of nanny state philosophy in all its forms.

Do that, and you are welcome to come in to MY country. Otherwise, fix your own country and stay there, not here.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:50 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,901,981 times
Quote:
From your link:
To apply for asylum in the U.S., you must be physically present in the U.S. or seeking entry into the U.S. at a port of entry.
Sneaking over the border then yelling asylum does not negate the fact you just entered illegally.
This is the Catch-22 of trump's new policies....DHS is blockading asylum seekers...they are NOT BEING ALLOWED to apply at POE's. Basically the sign reads, Closed Until Further Notice. They have NO choice but to cross in between POE's. It's a set-up.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:52 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
Quote:
From your link:
Depends on if we grant you asylum. You see that two letter word there? Or?

But the bottom line is-you have to be here. And if its granted then you did not commit a crime. We do not criminalize legal behavior-which seeking asylum is.

We are a nation of laws, and these ARE our laws. Until convicted we SHOULD NOT PUNISH people. Especially in this case where the people doing this have stated the intent is to punish them.

I'm ALL for deporting illegals. Completely. But im 100% against pulling families apart to preemptively punish the parents. You DO NOT hurt kids to punish parents. What sort of psychopath is ok with that? What are you people doing to a nation that I once swore to defend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies