Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 01:30 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Most conservatives make that claim of being a Christian, I highly doubt that God/Jesus, would approve of the way our government is handling the immigration issue.

Even if they do go back to thier parents the damage is already done to the kids and the parents. And whose to say what if any abuse those kids might be undergoing.

God/Jesus does not get involved with politics.
You don't know much about Christianity do you.

Having a parent drag you hundreds of miles across desert, put you in the hands of coyotes, knowing you could be separated or worse is doing the damage. Want to protect your children don't commit crimes, don't get involved in dangerous activity.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:32 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Why does this thread even exist? We have it on the highest authority from the President himself that this was exactly what has been happening all along. So why an announcement and a thread to discuss something that was supposedly already in existence.

Oh, that's right, Trump and every member of his administration that has made this claim are lying.

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
That is not what the law or treaties say. Why do you keep repeating this?
Because its a nice way to misinform people. I see it a lot from certain posters here. They just keep repeating the lie as well. I think I have posted the .gov address which laid out that asylum seekers MUST do so on American soil.

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So, when Obama was "holding these children as hostages" in cages, that was an example of decency for you?

Talk about hypocrisy
Nope -- you can't do that - -you can't change the narrative to defend this administration's actions.

We can debate the cage like facility.....it is practical and not every welcoming for sure. And Obama administration's use of cage seems cold and unwelcoming.

BUT when those pictures were taken - -those kids were unaccompanied and there was a huge surge. The USA govt. was caught off guard. They didn't purposely announce a policy to lock up kids in cage like facilities and separate them from their families as a negotiating tactic for better immigration policy.

Sessions purposely announced that they would use the tactic of separating families in order to punish asylum seekers..not all illegals -- asylum seekers.

That's just mean, cruel and not good policy for any human being.

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Nope, there is a third way. Trump picks up the phone and calls DOJ and DHS and stops this idiotic program of separating kids from their parents, it's really that simple
Nope, you must have a reading comprehension problem. Your third way was already presented in the first option.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:34 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
There's the story in the Christian Bible about the Good Samaritan.

Google it. It's a good read.

Nope.
https://twitter.com/michaeldweiss/st...82064794066944

Nobody does. This administration is unable to track at least 1,500 of them.
There is a story in the bible about offering your child for sacrifice, splitting a baby in half, smiting entire villages, offering your daughters for prostitution, and obeying mans law. Point?

How many US children can the administration not find?

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Many of these people have traveled 2 thousand miles to try to save their kids lives from atrocities we all hope we never have to deal with. They ask for amnesty. Illegal immigration is a separate issue. Actually most illegals have come here on work visa's and over stayed.

Wrong! Most illegal aliens and so-called asylum seekers aren't here to save their kids from atrocities. They are here for economic reasons at the expense of the U.S. taxpayer/worker. 75% of asylum seekers have had their cased denied. What does that tell you? No, most illegals working here were border jumpers not visa over stayers but they both need to be deported.

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
President Trump says US will not become a migrant camp on his watch.

The Democrat politicians are the fault of this situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgpYlq2ERks
No matter how many times he says it, it's still a dirty, rotten, stinking LIE.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:35 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Oh, that's right, Trump and every member of his administration that has made this claim are lying.
That is all he has done since day 1, since before day one, before the campaign, before the birther shtick, he has been a liar his entire career. Anyone with any kind of grade school level research ability knew it from the start. Lied his way onto the Forbes top 100. Invented fake personas to lie about himself with. Even his die hard supporters know it, they just act like they don't because at heart most of the ones remaining are the equivalent of youtube comment trolls, operating out of an inner sadistic desire to p*ss off people they have decided they do not like.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:36 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,670,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Not all illegals apply for asylum.

Not all illegals are refugees.

These are all different categories.

And yes -- the illegals that have not claimed either status and are working are here illegally. But many of them have been 'found out' and allowed to stay with periodic checks with ICE. That's implying it is okay to be an illegal. That's why they kept coming in illegally. And it was all govt. -- even in the red states.

Now, we Americans, have had enough. So let's stop allowing folks to stay once they are found out...but the ones who have been here 10 years, married Americans, have jobs, or businesses...put them in the system.

But most definitely stop this crazy they are criminals but allowed to wander the streets mentality.
I too have had enough!

We have 40 million Americans living in poverty now so many can we support? Of that 40 million how many are aliens abusing our charity system? It is nice to help people but let's not be stupid about it. How many posters will give up their own personal wealth to coddle the lawbreakers. Clearly, years of welfare has not improved the United States but created only more dependency and demands resulting an explosion more seeking our tax dollars. Enough!

Those "parents" should also be charged with Child Endangerment. As a nation we can no longer allow other countries to continue to put their monkey on our back because they can't solve their own problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies