Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 06:44 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
I don't understand why our globalist-minded international law-loving Lefty-Progs are not screaming at Mexico.

International law requires that people seeking asylum do so in the first country they reach where they are safe from whatever peril they are running.

Why aren't these people coming from Central and South America applying for asylum in Mexico?
Might wanna do some reading...
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...legal-position

Old 06-19-2018, 06:44 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Now that the audio has been released and we've heard a 6 year-old girl screaming as she was separated from her mother. Trump voters support Trump's "Zero Tolerance Policy" that cuases kids to be separated from their parents. remember that Donald Trump and all his City-Data supporters claim to be Christian.

Fearing for her safety, a Mexican woman was interviewed off camera. She said that the border town she lives in, Juarez, isn't safe for her. Her brother was killed by the cartel, and they left a note on her front door saying that they would murder her and all of her kids. So she fled across the border seeking safety and to keep her children from being beheaded by the Mexican cartel. Her kids were taken from her and she has no idea where they are right now. Remember that Donald Trump and all his City-Data supporters claim to be Christians, and they support what is happening.
1. A bunch of kids screamed when they were dropped off at daycare/kindergarten/school. Yet mommy leaves them there.

2. The illegal from Juarez should be grateful the US saved the lives of her and her kids. Wherever her kids were taken they still have their heads.

3. The US owes illegals nothing.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Now that the audio has been released and we've heard a 6 year-old girl screaming as she was separated from her mother. Trump voters support Trump's "Zero Tolerance Policy" that cuases kids to be separated from their parents. remember that Donald Trump and all his City-Data supporters claim to be Christian.

Fearing for her safety, a Mexican woman was interviewed off camera. She said that the border town she lives in, Juarez, isn't safe for her. Her brother was killed by the cartel, and they left a note on her front door saying that they would murder her and all of her kids. So she fled across the border seeking safety and to keep her children from being beheaded by the Mexican cartel. Her kids were taken from her and she has no idea where they are right now. Remember that Donald Trump and all his City-Data supporters claim to be Christians, and they support what is happening.
Bears repeating...

Old 06-19-2018, 06:46 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post

Quote:
Trump said, "we won't be a country of migrants." Hey, Trump, too late, our country was founded on immigrants. Try reading some history, before you open your mouth and shout out fake history.!!!
Where or when did President Trump say that? i suspect he did not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Thank you for pointing out he did not say "we won't be a country of migrants".

Old 06-19-2018, 06:47 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Bush signed the law back in 2001...the Obama admin enforced it in 2008.

I'm far from a Trumper, but I hate when big sites like this omit facts. Heck the Clintons are both on video saying they are ok with separating families of illegals.
The law allows for discretion. That's the point of all of this. This administration is CHOOSING to exercise the portion of the law...so yes -- other administrations created the law.

BUT

Before the Trump administration, immigrants entering illegally as families were rarely prosecuted, said Sarah Pierce, an associate policy analyst of the U.S. Immigration Program at the Migration Policy Institute. Instead, immigrants were held in family detention centers until they were sent to appear before an immigration court or deported.

And even if Obama administration was choosing to separate families. THIS administration has the power NOT to. They are most purposefully choosing to have zero tolerance and have no compassion that was the intent of Sessions' announcement. Why would they make such a big formal announcement if all they were doing was continuing with standard procedure.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
"What the Obama administration did, which is what the law requires, is to find shelter facilities for those kids, which were put together by the Department of Health and Human Services. So the goal was to get kids out of the Border Patrol, into proper care by HHS, and then HHS is supposed to release them to the least restrictive setting, and in more than 80% of the cases, that was their parents who were already in the United States."
Cecilia Muñoz, who served as the director of the White House Domestic Policy Council.

Additionally from your double posted link:

Quote:
Trump's administration does have a new policy to separate children from their parents

Both Favreau and Muñoz argued that the Trump administration's policy of separating families at the border is different from the Obama administration's handling of unaccompanied children.

"This policy is new, cruel, and unprecedented," Favreau tweeted. "It was not an Obama policy. It was not a Bush policy. It was not a Clinton policy. That is a fact. And that is what all of us — Democrats and Republicans — should want changed as soon as humanly possible."

The firestorm over the photos came amid several other immigration-related controversies that erupted over the weekend. Outrage has been growing for several weeks against the Trump administration's newly announced policy of criminally prosecuting people who illegally cross the border and separating them from their children.

Anger over the issue reached a boiling point last week, when another old piece of news — this time from April 26 — resurfaced, prompting Trump critics to assail the government for losing track of 1,475 immigrant children.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Bush signed the law back in 2001...the Obama admin enforced it in 2008.

I'm far from a Trumper, but I hate when big sites like this omit facts. Heck the Clintons are both on video saying they are ok with separating families of illegals.
Can you cite and link that law?

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
here's the thing, those children, are being treated way better than a lot of our own kids right here in America, kids that are going hungry and being abused, mentally and physically....but these kids will be well cared for, screened for any health problems, vaccinations, food, and a safe warm bed to sleep in.

The media is trying to make it out like they're being treated like prisoners...abused and left alone, they are not...they have more right now, probably than they've ever had before, and they will be reunited with their parents.

Yes they are. The media are using the children politically. They care nothing about these children. It's all about bringing President Trump down, which they won't do. The liberal media wants to paint the Trump administration as heartless, They want to bash Christianity and portray Christians as unfeeling hypocrites. There is an agenda being carried out that is very well orchestrated. They have been allowed to carry this out for a time, but now we are speaking out. Many have been speaking out for a long time. Very courageous Americans. We can't kowtow to the bullies who would keep us from being heard.

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
I don't understand why our globalist-minded international law-loving Lefty-Progs are not screaming at Mexico.

International law requires that people seeking asylum do so in the first country they reach where they are safe from whatever peril they are running.

Why aren't these people coming from Central and South America applying for asylum in Mexico?
You are SO wrong about that. Don't believe all the bar room legal training you hear.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
1. A bunch of kids screamed when they were dropped off at daycare/kindergarten/school. Yet mommy leaves them there.

2. The illegal from Juarez should be grateful the US saved the lives of her and her kids. Wherever her kids were taken they still have their heads.

3. The US owes illegals nothing.
OH come ON.

Are you seriously comparing a government agency KIDNAPPING children from their parents to dropping your child off at SCHOOL or DAYCARE?

JFC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies