Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 07:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I really wonder about this. I have to wonder at the hatred and vileness towards children on the part of today's liberals-especially in the US media. Children aren't being "torn from their parents" any differently now than they ever have been. Adult criminals that are incarcerated ALWAYS are separated from their children. It happens in jails and prisons in every city and state in the nation, every single day. Yet you rarely hear liberals complain. This has always been the case, rather the criminal is an American citizen or a foreigner. Most compassionate people recognize that children don't deserve to be locked up due to the crimes of their parents. Compassionate people don't want children incarcerated with adults. Instead they want them cared for and kept safe.

Yet in today's bizarro leftist world, we have supposedly "compassionate" liberals screaming about this policy. So what is it-do they really want innocent children locked up with adult criminals? That is the alternative they are promoting so loudly. Unless of course they just don't want criminals to be incarcerated at all-but even those on the left aren't that naive or idiotic.

Yeah, I realize that all the screeching is just faux outrage over an old practice. And yes, I realize it's really just an intent to attack the president and his successes, and deflect from the success of the Korean summit and the IG report. Sad that libs are willing to sacrifice children to cover for their failed policies.
oh how ridiculous. The adults being charged with a misdemeanor for not crossing at a border crossing should not be separated from their children anymore than a parent who gets a speeding ticket should be separated from their children.

This kind of post just shows your inability to be rational, logical.

Dramatic yes -- reality check -- nope.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:37 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
There are a lot of facts that don't get reported by the liberal media, facts that would show just how biased and wrong they are.

The Democrats have no intention of working to fix this problem, and don't give a damn about those kids. It's more fun for them, the media, and the rest rest of the loony left to use this as a political football to further their agenda.

1,251 posts, read 1,077,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
This is the perfect Trumplican post.

It is perfect in that it misses the point entirely and points to the flaw in the Trumplican character.

The issue on the border is not about money.

The issue is about treatment.

The Trumplican makes it about himself and not about others.

Decent treatment of families and children is where the outrage is.

The forcible separation of children from parents should be an atrocious act to any person no matter what your politics.
They are being treated JUST FINE! Better than they were in the orphanages.

You sit there on your collapsed throne of moral outrage and yet, how many are living in your home, off your dime?

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
That's what I don't understand about the whole outrage. If I take my kids into a bank I'm robbing, and I get caught, there are three options: ignore the crime and send us on our way, put me in jail and hand my kids to social services, put me in jail and put my kids in jail with me. It seems people are now arguing for choice number one.
It doesn't make any sense at all. And they keep avoiding the fact that most of the kids came up on their own or with smugglers. They have no one to be returned to anyway. But hey...let's keep playing that soundtrack of the crying baby and make everyone think that this is just Auschwitz in the US.

I've worked in Children's Services in my city at one time--and children are separated from abused or neglectful parents all the time and placed in "Children's Centers" (which are basically long-term Day Care Centers) while the parents are being arraigned. Eventually the children are reunited or placed in foster care. The separation anxiety happens (and it basically happens with every kid--whether you're dropping them off at school for the first time or dropping them off at Day Care)--but it's not nearly as damaging as the media is making it out to be...generally speaking it's for the safety of the child...and normally the children adjust within a day. But al this ginning up and outrage is just BS.

I have yet to hear a logistical way of actually keeping kids with their parents together while they are detained. It doesn't make any sense. The kids require a different level of supervision and care than the adults do. You can't just warehouse the kids with adults.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:38 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Liberal politicians are all over whatever the flavor of the day is. It's all about the vote. They couldn't care less about the real issue.
Really, ripping children from parents arms is flavor of the day for you now?

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Not for first time offenders. See The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952.
2005 it became a felony... keep up with the times

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
People and leaders everywhere in the world need to speak out against a inhumane policy instituted by a mad man. Many in the world waited too long to oppose Hitler. Look how that ended.
Here is another example of why this will only get worse.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:39 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Angry Lewandowski says "womp, womp" about girl separated from mom

Corey Lewandowski, Trump's former campaign manager, interrupted DNC strategist on Fox news to say "womp, womp" (or boo hoo) regarding Down's syndrome girl being taken from mom at the border.

How low can you go, Lewandowski?

Lead story
Dailymail.com

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So 7 days after all this and now he has decided that it is about safety of the child. Why wouldn't they have introduced the DNA test last week.

This is some crazy stuff and y'all are just eating it up.

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Any law or reason they cannot detain the mother together with her children?
There is no verification that the alleged relationship is true. The Obama Admin handed children over to human traffickers, no questions asked. Continuing that policy is pure evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies