Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 07:01 AM

18,566 posts, read 7,412,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002
Trump, Sessions and members of Congress who stand by silent deserve nothing less than slow, agonizing death. I would love to watch.
First, they are doing the right thing. They are simply enforcing the law. Moreover, the law relates to the most fundamental duty of the government in regard to its people. The law that's being enforced here provides the most fundamental justification for the taxes we are required to pay. It's a good law that must be enforced.

Trump and Sessions are the good guys on this issue, and people like you are the ones who deserve punishment for attempting to inflict harm on innocent Americans, including millions of American children. By the way, I hope you understand that American children are also separated from their parents when they are arrested for the commission of a crime.

The parents -- and only the parents -- are to blame for the situation they have put their children in. Do you also want a slow agonizing death for the parents, who are more to blame? If not, your hatred for Sessions and Trump is based on something else, presumably hatred of the good Americans who elected Trump.

Second, where were you and the media when the US government under Clinton, Bush, and Obama were killing -- KILLLING -- Iraqi children by the hundreds of thousands? You were nowhere because you get your marching orders from the TV, and in that case the people who control what you see on TV were supporting the child-killers and the child--killing.

That should have clued you in to the fact that they don't care about children. They care about power. If killing children in Iraq is good for them, if it helps them achieve their goals, they won't manipulate you to care about it. They'll justify it or conceal it or distract you by pointing to the metaphorical "squirrel". And you will just follow their lead. If publicizing the plight of other children serves their ends, they'll manipulate you to care about it, and you will.

The bottom line is the media that are publicizing the plight of these children don't give a damn about the children involved. If they did, they would have cared about the much, much, much, much larger number of Iraqi children who were treated much worse (KILLED!) by the USG without any justification whatsoever.

Here, the USG is enforcing a 100% reasonable and GOOD law, and the parents breaking that law are 100% responsible for the plight of the children. Because the media's number one policy goal is the demographic transformation of the US population through mass immigration, they are pretending to care about these children, they are scapegoating Trump instead of correctly blaming the criminal parents, and they are manipulating people like you to join them in their war against the American people.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:02 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,296,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
OH come ON.

Are you seriously comparing a government agency KIDNAPPING children from their parents to dropping your child off at SCHOOL or DAYCARE?

JFC.
When anyone that breaks the law, at any time, anywhere in the world, is separated from their children when when they are arrested, is that also kidnapping?

Old 06-19-2018, 07:03 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,145,725 times
I am genuinely sad for this country and the people who think this kind of thing is OK. It isn't, and shouldn't be condoned.

My God, how far we've fallen.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:04 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,145,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
When anyone that breaks the law, at any time, anywhere in the world, is separated from their children when when they are arrested, is that also kidnapping?
They're kids, not chess pieces. And I could give a rat's posterior on how "anywhere in the world" does it.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:05 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,858,351 times
Quote:
OH come ON.

Are you seriously comparing a government agency KIDNAPPING children from their parents to dropping your child off at SCHOOL or DAYCARE?

JFC.
It's just as comparable as comparing being housed in a Walmart building with toys, bedding, tv, food, drink, air conditioning, supervision and playtime with being in a concentration camp. So now we want to be logical huh?

What is difficult for these children in the short term is best for them in the long term. That is what we are after. Right? If these children were left in the care of the thugs that bring them across the border who knows what atrocities would happen to them. In hindsight, if asked would you have rather been housed at Walmart in the short term or left to the devices of the rapists, child molestors etc, which would you prefer, no doubt they would choose the former as would their parents.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:08 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,369,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Even worse is that many Republicans only care about these issues when they want/need to deflect from some other issue(s).

Where are the proposals from GOP politicians regarding the homeless issue?
Are they advocating for affordable housing?
Larger budgets for family social services?
Funding for after-school programs?
Meals on wheels?
Housing for homeless veterans?

Somehow they can find the money to pay private prison profiteers and build tent cities but are the loudest advocates for cutting budgets for all of the above.

The people on the ground providing services to the homeless ARE the ones most likely to be advocating for these children.
Get back to us when any of the above shows up in the Republican platform.
Yes!!! Exactly.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
NO.

Because those kids STAY AT THEIR HOMES AND WITH THEIR FAMILIES.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
It's just as comparable as comparing being housed in a Walmart building with toys, bedding, tv, food, drink, air conditioning, supervision and playtime with being in a concentration camp. So now we want to be logical huh?

What is difficult for these children in the short term is best for them in the long term. That is what we are after. Right? If these children were left in the care of the thugs that bring them across the border who knows what atrocities would happen to them. In hindsight, if asked would you have rather been housed at Walmart in the short term or left to the devices of the rapists, child molestors etc, which would you prefer, no doubt they would choose the former as would their parents.
The kids in these centers are not allowed outside other than two measly hours per day. "Caregivers" are not allowed to give care.

So, again, the flawed analogy to daycares and schools FAILS.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:12 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,395,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I am genuinely sad for this country and the people who think this kind of thing is OK. It isn't, and shouldn't be condoned.

My God, how far we've fallen.
I could not agree more, well said! We need to open the border and let all the people in who can come in. We need to make sure we have a constant stream of low-skilled, cheap labor for rich businessmen like me to be very successful.

Trump thinks by doing this he will teach people that their actions have consequences, but he is wrong.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:14 AM

46,374 posts, read 27,223,949 times
Quote:
Cecilia Muñoz, who served as the director of the White House Domestic Policy Council.

Additionally from your double posted link:

It does not negate the fact that the parents are sending their children, alone, to the united states....

I double posted, to make sure you understand...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies