Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 02:05 PM

32,113 posts, read 34,747,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
So one side complains of divisive talk while the other side supports a candidate that kicked off the divisive talk.
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I sound like I’m turning Left but maybe offending someone you are counting on for a vote or If you are simply touting a higher morale ground - this characterization doesn’t help capture votes. Should a white male or female from middle America be upset by this label?
Vote for Trump. Do you expect people to get on their knees and grovel for your vote? If you want to drink battery acid, that's totally your prerogative.

There are plenty of White people from middle America who haven't gotten their panties in a bunch over every single slight real or perceived. If you get angry every time Kap takes a knee, I'd advise you to stay away from the PUA blogs and get a girlfriend. It seems like a lot of male Trump voter frustration is a product of their lack of success with women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 02:07 PM

13,651 posts, read 20,786,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
You sure are defensive of them however. Its ok snowflake the world isn't going to end because we extend rights to gay people.
Seeing as I voted for it in my state referendum (Maryland), I would be inclined to agree.

*John Roberts and I make 2. And there are more ...

Now, is that it? Or do you have some other mindless drivel?

*John Roberts is the Conservative Supreme Court Justice who made Gay Marriage the Law of the Land in the United States of America.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:11 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yes - the people who were horrified at the idea that someone could make a joke about eye shadow and wanted all kinds of terrible retribution for the person who did that are the same people who think it's fine and dandy to make snarky comments about someone's literal impending death.
name a single such person. your inability to do so will be most entertaining.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:15 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
It seems like a lot of male Trump voter frustration is a product of their lack of success with women.
That's a new one, lol! Did you just make that up, or do you have a link?

Old 05-15-2018, 02:15 PM

59,112 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
One of the main reasons Trump is so popular is that he gives a big middle finger to political correctness. He intentionally spites demographics who aren't his base, be it racial minorities, LGBT, non-Christians, educated people, urban elites, etc. People love that and that is why no matter what Trump does, he continues to remain popular and his support shows no signs of eroding. It comes down to tribalism and Trump is really sticking it to the people that red state America have long considered "deplorable" and they love it. So the question is, why does political correctness bother people so bad? What is so bad about being empathetic to people who may be different from the norm?

"What is so bad about being empathetic to people who may be different from the norm?"

If you have to ask such a question, you would NOT understand the answer!

Old 05-15-2018, 02:17 PM

59,112 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I think it's so ironic that some of the buffoons who support him (specifically evangelicals) are the epitome of political fakeness/correctness (dressing up to look "good" to go to church, while being hateful hypocrites, for example).

The other faction: The toothless, beer-bellied set - they would not be able to comprehend how to be politically correct (i.e., fakely polite) if their lives depended on it.

"I think it's so ironic that some of the buffoons who support him"

Keep it up and us DEPLORABLE will keep on WINNING!

Old 05-15-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"What is so bad about being empathetic to people who may be different from the norm?"

That's what I was thinking too. Even if PC did indeed come from the seeds of empathy, it has mutated into a monster that has little resemblance to empathy.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:19 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Why not give it a shot anyway?

It's not necessary to agree with someone to treat them with compassion and respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
That's what I was thinking too. Even if PC did indeed come from the seeds of empathy, it has mutated into a monster that has little resemblance to empathy.
Awesome. You can help explain, too.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:24 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Fox News calls the following a "cruel joke".

Stephen King slammed for 'cruel' joke about Melania Trump's kidney surgery | Fox News
Is Fox News being politically correct?
mmm, no. they said a twitter user characterized it as such:

Quote:
Another said, "Cruel, shame!"
they report, you decide.

Quote:
in a nutshell. well stated.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Why not give it a shot anyway?

It's not necessary to agree with someone to treat them with compassion and respect.

Awesome. You can help explain, too.
I already gave one simple example:

Quote:
I hate PC because it has usurped common sense in this country.

When students are all rewarded on the same "participation trophy" level, with no extra rewards going to those who excel, then something has gone very wrong. That's just one of hundreds of examples.
That is not the definition of empathy, compassion, or respect, but it is a by-product of Political Correctness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies