Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2018, 05:25 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
If you read the history of such "deals" that former POTUS's made with N. Korea, I don't think you will see the fruits you mention.

There have been many deals.

What would Kim back out of? While I don't believe we can dictate culture to the rest of the world, a minimum standard where you don't shot your uncles with anti-aircraft guns, poison your other relatives with nerve agents in other countries, starve your population and have vast slave labor concentration camps, etc....would seem to apply.

If, as NK wants, we agree to "leave them alone" and trade with them we have put our blessing on these murderous and inhuman ways.

I'm asking honestly here. Are you OK with him running concentration camps while buying - for example - computers to keep track of the people and security at those camps from us?

They don't need us for arms, food or really anything....China, Russia, Japan, S. Korean and everyone else can provide more than they need. All they want from us is "don't threaten us and call us names".

How can we promise that?

The really important and hopeful part here is the relations between China, SK and NK...and to a lesser extent, Russia.

I don't thing any recent history shows a country "forgetting" how to produce long range missiles or nuclear power.

So where does the rubber meet the road? Will he allow us unfettered access to every square inch of the country to find slave labor camps making their weapons (metals, etc.) and to constantly assure (forever) that they don't cheat? Seems a long shot.....

I see more of a mutual defense treaty between them and China and a thawing with S. Korea. Maybe remove or tone down the DMZ and declare the war over. The US is then only involved as a ally of S Korea - which means a arms supplier. No "balance of power" is needed because NK has no power to speak of.

They want "stuff".

Maybe the Great One was dosed with LSD and is going to free all his people and admit he's not a God?
To me, the only real hope would be reunification of Korea...with serious change. Since i cannot see that happening..at least, not while Kim is breathing..i don't real hold out much hope.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:27 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Kim has played Trump like a fiddle and has him exactly where he wants him. Trump brags about having put together this meeting with the murderous dictator Kim when it's something Kim has wanted for years. Now Kim can yank Trump's chain as much as he wants because Trump won't want to lose face and say the meeting is off.

It's an embarrassing and dangerous situation.
Trump will tell Jung un to go do something unnatural with himself.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:28 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Doesn't look good for anybody if nothing happens with this summit.

It just doesn't

But I don't care how Kim looks -- even if he agrees to conditions I don't trust him.

As for Trump -- he's learning on the job. It's a tough job. We shall see.

But see how it is too early, WAY too early to be talking Peace prizes.....jumped the gun a little on that one.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Trump must get the credit for this issue.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:30 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
If Kim did so, Trump would no doubt watch or join him.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:33 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
If Kim did so, Trump would no doubt watch or join him.
Frankly, I’m sure Trump could provide tips.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:35 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
North korea Playing Games With Summit
What a surprise. They have been playing games for decades, and all of a sudden we should trust them?

They are playing the music, Trump is dancing and Koreans are laughing their asses off.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:25 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
That was for Wednesday’s talks

The summit in Singapore is still scheduled as of now

Old 05-15-2018, 06:26 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Not a surprise:

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAxjOft?m=en-u...rID=InAppShare

Brief quote:

"North Korea threatened Wednesday to cancel a much-anticipated and unprecedented summit between its leader Kim Jong Un and US President Donald Trump, the South's Yonhap news agency reported.
Pyongyang also cancelled high-level talks due Wednesday with Seoul over the Max Thunder joint military exercises between the US and the South, Yonhap said citing the North's official news agency KCNA"
I posted a thread about this , they can not trust trump ................no one can,even N.Korea.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:29 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,395 times
Whew!...Hey Trumpers, I'm so tired of all this winning!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies