Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 02:22 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,402,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
You do know there is nearly an infinite number of ways school violence could occur. There were plenty of guns around when I was growing up yet school shootings didn't happen. This is actually a societal issue!!

Growing up hunting rifles were common, not assault weapons. Times have changed and, whether one wants to admit it or not, the ubiquity of semi-automatic weapons and their acceptance has made their use and mass killings more likely and more subject to abuse.

The sad and pathetic truth is that not enough school age and teenage blood has been spilt yet for many Americans to do what is necessary to end this violence. They are just sitting passively. One day their outrage will awaken though and change will come and will come swiftly.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:22 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
What about the 10 victims freedoms?

They were snuffed out today because you think your right to bare arms supercedes life itself.
Nobody thinks like that.

Obviously you have a tough time with differentiating law abiding gun owners and 2A proponents with these heinous individuals and their actions...

Want to be outraged?

Be outraged that politicians enjoy protections of armed security staff. Trained to thwart a threat.
Cash aboard Brinks, Loomis, Dunbar trucks, is protected by armed security staff. Trained to thwart a threat.

Yet children and schools do not have that because gun free zones are so effective at stopping murderous scumbags.

What we do think, is that it is asinine to expect a sign that states no guns allowed will prevent or stop something, that we should willingly embrace the forfeiture of our rights because of emotional responses.
Call me a cold hearted SOB it won't be any different than being called deplorable. I can't be insulted nor am I compelled by emotions.
I am not naive nor feeble to forfeit or trade my liberty for a false sense of security.

The hyperbolic rhetoric tossed about conflating murderous scumbags with the NRA it's members is past tiring and annoying. It just makes us laugh at that sentiment and chalk the likes of you up as ignorant uninformed emotionally unstable individuals.

I won't agree with any new proposals to limit or restrict a constitutionally protected right.
I will agree to allow faculty to be armed and trained. I will agree with a voluntary program to stand guard at schools. I will not agree with because of your feelings, your outrage, that my rights or anyone else's are terminated or up for debate.

You want to be taken seriously? Keep saying the 2nd and the NRA and its members are responsible. That blood is on our hands. Tit for tat, the blood is on the hands of law makers who decided long ago that schools are to be gun free zones... Their right to defense was terminated. Yet those politicians didn't lead by example and forfeit their armed security staff now did they?

Don't make it about guns.
Don't make it about the NRA.
Don't make it about us who have a different hobby than you.
Don't make it about us who would only turn to arms in means of self defense, defense of our families, defense of property, defense of communities etc.

Make it about what truly is responsible.
The individual and their heinous actions.

Because in a game of tit for tat... it really does no good other than proving who can be the most effective edge lord. Can't really lead by example when engaging in online bullying, yet be outraged over a school shooting and suggest bullying be an issue now can we?

Knock it off with the gun being solely responsible or the NRA or 2nd Amendment.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:23 PM

89,035 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
He stole his Dad's guns. Shouldn't Dad be liable.
Grand theft auto... Thief steals your car/truck/van and kills people in an intentional run-them-down attack like the recent attacks in NYC or Toronto. Should you, the car's/truck's/van's owner, be liable for that?

Old 05-18-2018, 02:24 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Growing up hunting rifles were common, not assault weapons. Times have changed and, whether one wants to admit it or not, the ubiquity of semi-automatic weapons and their acceptance has made their use and mass killings more likely and more subject to abuse.

Not enough teenage blood has been spilt yet for many Americans to do what is necessary to end this violence. They are just sitting passively. One day their outrage will awaken though and change will cone swiftly.
Assault. A verb.
Weapon. A noun.

If you get hit by someone yielding a golf club or baseball bat. That is assault involving a weapon.

Would you say you were attacked by an assault weapon?

If you were to be assaulted by a hunting rifle, does it become an assault rifle?

Old 05-18-2018, 02:26 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,402,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Assault. A verb.
Weapon. A noun.

If you get hit by someone yielding a golf club or baseball bat. That is assault involving a weapon.

Would you say you were attacked by an assault weapon?

If you were to be assaulted by a hunting rifle, does it become an assault rifle?

I could care less about semantics in this debate,

Old 05-18-2018, 02:26 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Grand theft auto... Thief steals your car/truck/van and kills people in an intentional run-them-down attack like the recent attacks in NYC or Toronto. Should you, the car's/truck's/van's owner, be liable for that?
Are "you" the thief's parent?

Old 05-18-2018, 02:27 PM

89,035 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Are "you" the thief's parent?
Doesn't matter. A theft is a theft regardless of the parties' relationship(s).

Old 05-18-2018, 02:29 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I was just making a smart ass comment to the person who made a smart ass comment stating, they were a perfect NRA match (or something like that)....maybe you could address them also.....
Oh, I was just continuing the conversation. Like you, I don't exactly agree that this kid was some sort of NRA fanatic. He's in TEXAS. It is not unlikely that he has family who are members or has been exposed to some sort of NRA programs. The NRA isn't entirely bad, like most things in this world.

I don't like their lobby, but I don't like a lot of lobbies in general.

I got your point, though. He's just as likely a hardcore leftist as he is a hardcore alt-right type.

He's a teenager. He probably changes his mind every other day.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:29 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,857 times
Why aren’t the gun grabbers calling for the ban of shotguns and revolvers?

Old 05-18-2018, 02:30 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Doesn't matter. A theft is a theft regardless of the parties' relationship(s).
The question posed was should the dad be liable. Not the random stranger stolen from.

So in that context, yes it does matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies