Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 11:54 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I would so put it to a vote. I remember when Obama was in office and Republicans were saying it. At the time I was offended. I'm not anymore. I would agree to it no matter who was president. Half the country is in complete disagreement with the other half and both halves detest each other. It's never going to get better ever. Better to amicably divorce and save everyone the headache. Coastal states can grow their food locally and buy globally. Flyover states can do...whatever, I don't care what they do. And they can turn their states super right wing, abolish abortion, require religion, turn themselves into the Taliban. Because if that's what their voters want, have at it and leave the rest of us alone.
Absolutely and what took you so long? I have agreed with the premise for quite a few years now. It make so much sense. The only problem is that we have to find a way to capture their pollution and send it back to them before it contaminates the strides we will be making with cleaning up the environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2018, 11:54 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
So start a liberal charity, an "I'm too poor to pay for my abortion(s)" fund. I'm sure tons of rich Dems will donate just to "stick it" to Trump. That is the right way to financially support something that literally half the country considers killing babies. There is no way around this issue, it's NEVER going to be ok in the minds of half the people no matter how hard left this country goes. It's just the way it is. And the government works for that half too.
Why should I pay for the poor decisions of red states? If those states want to force hundreds of thousands of babies to be born in poverty, with drug addicted moms and living in horrid conditions because they think that's the Christian thing to do, let them. Just let blue states move forward with providing medical resources for their residents. Let the country split so we can all live our lives without anger.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:57 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
So start a liberal charity, an "I'm too poor to pay for my abortion(s)" fund. I'm sure tons of rich Dems will donate just to "stick it" to Trump. That is the right way to financially support something that literally half the country considers killing babies. There is no way around this issue, it's NEVER going to be ok in the minds of half the people no matter how hard left this country goes. It's just the way it is. And the government works for that half too.

They spend a ton on lobbying and political activism already, they don't need tax money.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Why should I pay for the poor decisions of red states? If those states want to force hundreds of thousands of babies to be born in poverty, with drug addicted moms and living in horrid conditions because they think that's the Christian thing to do, let them. Just let blue states move forward with providing medical resources for their residents. Let the country split so we can all live our lives without anger.
And there you have it----why should people against abortions have to pay for them?

Old 05-18-2018, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What took you so long? I have agreed with the premise for quite a few years now. It make so much sense. The only problem is that we have to find a way to capture their pollution and send it back to them before it contaminates the strides we will be making with cleaning up the environment.
It took Trump. After eight years of screaming about Obama, a truly honorable man that they called a Muslim Kenyan, they elected Trump the original birther. After I saw what they really wanted, what they considered the ideal president, I realized there is absolutely no way this country will ever agree on anything. I completely agree on the environment too, Trump has a mad hate for the environment and apparently all things science. Making abortion illegal falls right in line with that. Let them have their theocracy and let blue states build a wall.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:01 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
So is Planned Parenthood going to fold if they don't get this taxpayer money? They will still be getting $260 million from the Fed Gov.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
And there you have it----why should people against abortions have to pay for them?
When did you pay for anyone's abortion? And why are you not outraged over this...
Quote:
Fertility clinics destroy embryos all the time. Why aren't conservatives after them?

Last month, my husband and I signed forms donating an embryo we had conceived to medical research. Meanwhile, conservative Republicans are vowing to defund Planned Parenthood for allowing women who have abortions to make the same choice.

Fertility clinics destroy embryos all the time. Why aren't conservatives after them? - Chicago Tribune

Old 05-19-2018, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
So is Planned Parenthood going to fold if they don't get this taxpayer money? They will still be getting $260 million from the Fed Gov.
People are so concerned about the poor but the poor have to pay for their abortions. Or so PP says.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:12 AM

Quote:
It took Trump. After eight years of screaming about Obama, a truly honorable man that they called a Muslim Kenyan, they elected Trump the original birther. After I saw what they really wanted, what they considered the ideal president, I realized there is absolutely no way this country will ever agree on anything. I completely agree on the environment too, Trump has a mad hate for the environment and apparently all things science. Making abortion illegal falls right in line with that. Let them have their theocracy and let blue states build a wall.
Trump's base is mostly comprised of diehard birthers. Funny how none of them ever wonder what happened to those private investigators Trump sent to Hawaii who "could not believe what they were finding." A real testament to their astute natures. LOL

Old 05-19-2018, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
When did you pay for anyone's abortion? And why are you not enraged over this...
That's a very interesting question. Why aren't conservatives going after destroyed embryos? Shouldn't Trump be screaming somewhere? Can't he put his McDonalds down long enough to send an angry tweet to the fertility clinics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies