Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 05:50 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Tucker did the job all journalists should be doing by asking for proof of a claim. When the politician couldn't back up his claim, he went into deflection mode.
Agreed. It looks like you might get off 50 rounds in 15 seconds on an AR-15 with a bump stock but 50 is a far cry from 150.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 04:07 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,215,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Agreed. It looks like you might get off 50 rounds in 15 seconds on an AR-15 with a bump stock but 50 is a far cry from 150.

For me if I am going for speed before accuracy, I might be able to get to 2 rounds per second, maybe and that is a big maybe 3 rounds a second. If I was going for speed with accuracy, that would be one round maybe ever 2 - 3 seconds, as it would be shoot and re-aim and shoot again.

So a realistic shooting with accuracy 1 round every 2 - 3 seconds, at best that would be 20 rounds in a minute. If I could get to even 1 round a second and a magazine reload, I still don't think I could hit 60 rounds in a minute.

Old 05-23-2018, 04:48 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I always love the expression Tucker gets on his face. Looking highly skeptical and disbelieving when he doesn't agree with his guess and looking on in total awe and wonder when he agrees with his guest.

Old 05-23-2018, 04:51 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"While I'm not a fan of made-up "facts,"

Then you post, " the far-right does it all the time with their laughable claim that "nothing can be done about gun violence in America"

It looks like it is YOU who can't get their "facts" straight.

LOTS of things have been suggested by "the far-right" about gun violence in America.

You just never listened.
I listened and it involves anything, some of it idiotic, as long as it has nothing to do with guns.

Old 05-23-2018, 05:32 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Ohhh... The outrage.. Hey How many innocents get gunned with 50 bullets get delivered to innocents?? It doesn't matter it seems.. NRA advocates always want to dwell of accuracy.. YET demand purity.

Poor Tuckey He's such a SNOWFlake.. PLEASE be accurate about the#'s of lethal bullets guns are capable of.. forgetting whatever #'s kill innocents!! SMH

Anyone suggest "Common sense Controls" climate wouldn't make a difference BLAH BLAH!! Yet NRA Gun Huggers always want to quibble with the number of Bullets let flied by someone... SMH!!

Point should be HOW the He$$ can gun's be controlled enough to bothe allow legitimate purchasers.. as well as HOLDING accountable Gun owners being "RESPONSIBLE" for securing them.. Insurance ( liability) responsible to report if stolen eutectic.

When Gun owner's secure their weapons.. and make sure no one has access..including their kids/family or ELSE are guilty of aiding and abetting a unstable individual. NRA has kbeencolluding with "Straw purchasers and GUN SHOWS to SELL SELL and make $$$ and nothing more!!

The new Leader of NRA is reflective of their AGENDA!! Oliver North /convicted felon and complicate in Reagan's Administration now controls narratives????

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2005/10/17/157477/-
Quote:
Oliver North - He was indicted on sixteen felony counts and on May 4, 1989, he was convicted of three: accepting an illegal gratuity, aiding and abetting in the obstruction of a congressional inquiry, and destruction of documents (by his secretary, Fawn Hall, on his instructions). He was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Gerhard A. Gesell on July 5, 1989, to a three-year suspended prison term, two years probation, $150,000 in fines, and 1,200 hours community service. His conviction was later overturned.
Willing to bet Potus pardoned him.. But obviously O N. got exposed for his obstruction (just like those GOP guys are doing today!!) Note Bolded~~

History repeats itself when lessons not learned!! I always taught that my kids.. But it appears that POWER for some supersede what should be ... Congressional representative take the OATH of OFFICE and its not to "make more $$" or break Constitutional Laws..or lookout partial info and LIE about what that means..

However.. persistently.. You all have aPOTUS and his bootlickers "Sworn in Congressional Politicians" complicit in completely contravening Constitution.. lying American citizens via social media!!

Oliver North for us older folks know full well what he did then.. got bailed out of severe breach of Laws as a sworn Politician. So today he once again reverts back to the same old.. same old of back then ( 1989).. Those video games.. and blah blah!!

Looking at his video today....I can't believe how similar he looks like George W Bush

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...e_Skidmore.jpg

Old 05-23-2018, 05:52 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Ohhh... The outrage.. Hey How many innocents get gunned with 50 bullets get delivered to innocents?? It doesn't matter it seems.. NRA advocates always want to dwell of accuracy.. YET demand purity.

Poor Tuckey He's such a SNOWFlake.. PLEASE be accurate about the#'s of lethal bullets guns are capable of.. forgetting whatever #'s kill innocents!! SMH

Anyone suggest "Common sense Controls" climate wouldn't make a difference BLAH BLAH!! Yet NRA Gun Huggers always want to quibble with the number of Bullets let flied by someone... SMH!!

Point should be HOW the He$$ can gun's be controlled enough to bothe allow legitimate purchasers.. as well as HOLDING accountable Gun owners being "RESPONSIBLE" for securing them.. Insurance ( liability) responsible to report if stolen eutectic.

When Gun owner's secure their weapons.. and make sure no one has access..including their kids/family or ELSE are guilty of aiding and abetting a unstable individual. NRA has kbeencolluding with "Straw purchasers and GUN SHOWS to SELL SELL and make $$$ and nothing more!!

The new Leader of NRA is reflective of their AGENDA!! Oliver North /convicted felon and complicate in Reagan's Administration now controls narratives????

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2005/10/17/157477/-

Willing to bet Potus pardoned him.. But obviously O N. got exposed for his obstruction (just like those GOP guys are doing today!!) Note Bolded~~

History repeats itself when lessons not learned!! I always taught that my kids.. But it appears that POWER for some supersede what should be ... Congressional representative take the OATH of OFFICE and its not to "make more $$" or break Constitutional Laws..or lookout partial info and LIE about what that means..

However.. persistently.. You all have aPOTUS and his bootlickers "Sworn in Congressional Politicians" complicit in completely contravening Constitution.. lying American citizens via social media!!

Oliver North for us older folks know full well what he did then.. got bailed out of severe breach of Laws as a sworn Politician. So today he once again reverts back to the same old.. same old of back then ( 1989).. Those video games.. and blah blah!!

Looking at his video today....I can't believe how similar he looks like George W Bush

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...e_Skidmore.jpg
Because firearms already are insured...

Do you have a contents clause in your homeowners or renters insurance?
Then there's a policy you can secure for your firearms through the NRA as well...

Old 05-23-2018, 06:13 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It won't hit that rate of fire without a bump stock.
Cyclical firing rate of an M-16 firing full auto is 650-750 rounds per minute.

For an AR-15 to match that rate without an automatic sear, the operator would have to squeeze the trigger 650-750 times in a minute.

Not buying it.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:39 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,228,419 times
Typical gun-grabbing liberal idiot: stupid, ignorant, biased, or all three.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:42 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It won't hit that rate of fire without a bump stock.
Even with a bump stock, you still have to change mags.

And if you had a theoretical bottomless mag, the barrel of most affordable AR's would melt at that rate of fire in short order.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:47 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
While I'm not a fan of made-up "facts," the far-right does it all the time with their laughable claim that "nothing can be done about gun violence in America" despite the FACT that every single other developed nation has addressed the problem, and many of them still have plenty of guns.

That, right there - the "what can you do?" as more people die - is the biggest lie made up to fit an agenda of them all.
What did other nations that have plenty of guns as you say do to address the problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies