Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2018, 01:51 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The root causes are:
1. Degeneration of family and family value
2. Prevalence of mass media and social media.

Let’s solve them!
Degeneration of family and family values is also occurring in Europe and the rest of the Western world and we aren't seeing them having mass shootings on a weekly basis. So its clearly not the cause of the problem.

Ditto mass media and social media. Regardless what could you even do about either of these things?

Old 05-22-2018, 02:04 PM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Beside mass shootings schools are also susceptible to fires. If there is only one way in, one way out then what do you do if a fire breaks out at the choke point? You end up with thousands of trapped kids in a burning building. Can't happen.
My sarcasm seems to have escaped everyone. I figured that using TSA as security was a dead give away.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:19 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
My sarcasm seems to have escaped everyone. I figured that using TSA as security was a dead give away.
Apologies but with how insane some of the comments on here are, it can be hard to tell a sincere post from sarcasm.

Old 05-22-2018, 04:23 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I don't suppose you see any irony in this link on a thread where some folks are calling for teachers to be armed, do you? In these case, the teacher accidentally shoots a student. Thank the Lord the student didn't die. Some safety class! It looks like Barney Fife may want to reconsider being a reserve officer.

I DO see the irony becuae 1 teacher shoots 1 student you and many like you want to paint ALL teachers with the SAME brush.

1 dem is a liar, Bil lClnton, THEREFORE ALL dems are liars.

See how that works?

Old 05-22-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
?How does that even make sense to you?

Your term "gun grabbers" is fairly recent in it's genesis but the reasons for banning guns

Your term "gun grabbers" is fairly recent in it's genesis but the reasons for banning guns, including that of kids needlessly losing their lives to them, go back eons.

You're behaving like all these deaths of Americans of all ages is simply collateral damage to the greater good of freedom to own a dang gun that does nothing whatsoever to improve your quality of life index.

"How does that even make sense to you?

I can throw the same back at you.

ALL of the over 2,000 CURRENT gun laws have PROVEN to be USELESS.

We here from the gun grabbers about "common sense" gun laws yet we HAVEVN'T SEEN A SINGLE one.

"Your term "gun grabbers" is fairly recent in it's genesis but the reasons for banning guns"

All the way back to Bill Clinton and his so called "assault weapons" ban.

The gun grabbers want to call, us "gun nuits" so of you cant take it DON'T dish t out.

"including that of kids"

As I have said the urban gun grabbers have NO CLUE what the non urban kids lifestyle.

"to the greater good of freedom to own a dang gun>

SEE, YOU call it a "dang" gun.

I call it a RIGHT under the Constitution.

Why hasn't your kind tried to CHANGED THE 2nd AMENDMENT if you think so strongly about the average citizen being able to own guns?

I''ll TELL you WHY.

You KNOW it will go NOWHERE.

Instead you dance all around it.

As been said, "let's apply the SAME 2,000 plus laws to the 1stamendment that have been passed for the the 2nd.

Think long and hare about that!

Old 05-22-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I don't want to ban guns. Not at all. I just want people who own guns to treat them with respect and to be responsible for them at all times.

If you are a cop and someone uses your gun to commit a crime, you lose your job.

Because you shouldn't have let anyone gain access to your service weapon.

Why not hold the public to that same standard?

If you cannot keep your kids from using your guns to commit crimes? You can go to jail with them.

You can be charged with a felony and lose your right to own guns.

Because you cannot treat them responsibly.

I fail to see why this would be such a horrible idea. Most people will never have kids who take their guns and kill folks with them, so they would never go to jail for it or lose their right to keep guns.

"If you are a cop and someone uses your gun to commit a crime, you lose your job."

So, if someone steals your car and commits a crime and in the getaway KILLS someone YOU should be held responsible?

I swear some of you can't think past your biases.

Old 05-22-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
It's expensive. There are too many entry points in most schools and it would take too long to get into the building between class changes.

Lots of schools already have metal detectors in higher-crime/urban areas.

Lots of schools already have armed officers. Santa Fe and Parkland both had resource officers who were armed.

My daughter's school has armed officers, in fact.

What is this grand proposal really going to do but cost additional money?

"It's expensive"

"What is this grand proposal really going to do but cost additional money?

So our kids aren't worth the price but things like sex ed in kindergarten is!

"There are too many entry points in most schools and it would take too long to get into the building between class changes."

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

IT HAS BEEN DONE for YEARS in some schools.

Old 05-22-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So far this year, your country has lost more children to gunfire in schools than you have soldiers on the battlefield. Could you figure things out a little faster?

"So far this year, your country has lost more children to gunfire in schools than you have soldiers on the battlefield"

Back it up with REAL DATA!

Old 05-22-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
I know a lot of teachers. I don't know any who want to carry guns in the classroom.

Sidebar: I used to teach myself.

Please remind me about all these things I don't know anything about, preferably without the hysterical all caps style postings.

I know plenty about this sort of thing.

"I know a lot of teachers. I don't know any who want to carry guns in the classroom."

And?

I know a lot of teaches also and many have NO problem with it.

Why do you think becuae you know few that don't want it should stop those that do?

Again you are making HUGE assumptions.

MANY TEACHERS HAVE COME OUT STATING THEY HAVE NO PROBLEM CARRYING.

SOME HAVE COME OUT SAYING THEY CURRENTLY DO CARRY

I will type real slow so you can understand.

NOBODY IS BEING FORCED TO CARRY IF THE DON'T WANT TO.

So STOP with "i know it all attitude!

Old 05-22-2018, 05:00 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
There is a pattern here with all these school shootings. Nearly all of them grew up in a gun household. Their parents taught them about guns, took them shooting, etc. Because of this, these parents felt no need to lock up their guns from their teenagers. Their kids knew all about "gun safety".

Now, contrast this with even a troubled teen who has not grown up around guns. So would they know one gun from another? What type of ammo each would require? How to load it? How to buy one on the streets illegally and have the money to do so? Far easier to just steal a gun from gun owning parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies