Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 06:29 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,370,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The tone of some of the posts in here are so angry. I know most Trump supporters don't like black people, but geez.

Yes, the actions of this one person seem disgusting and he was definitely wrong and should be held accountable for what he did. It ends there.
Wow, quantum leap in logic in a single post. You go from stereotyping most Trump supporters as racists, but then point out how the actions of this one person are just that, the actions of one person.

Wouldn't it be great if both sides of this discussion received the same benefit of the doubt? The actions of one person are just that, the actions of that particular person. The OP only reserves that right for the person caught lying here, while most Trump supporters are racist.

Credibility = zero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 07:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I am white. I have been stopped for not using a turn signal.

I have been stopped for not having a license plate on the front of my car.

I have been stopped for having a break light out.... turning onto the road I live on....

as a teen I was stopped for walking down the street with my shirt in my back pocket.
And in none of those cases did you get shot.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:37 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,370,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Neither did the gentleman making the accusations in this particular case.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:39 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Just because there's one alleged false claim of racist treatment by a single errant African-American, doesn't nullify the millions that have actually occurred throughout the years since their arrival here as African slaves.

Since the person in question is not commenting on the matter I think we can shelve the "alleged" angle. It's not single incident though, Ferguson for example is something that should of been no more than a local incident that ballooned into a national incident and days of rioting because of lies.

This person is prominent in the back community and his version of events doesn't even remotely resemble what actually happened. This officer was very courteous and instead of getting a thanks for doing a fine job he gets accused of being a racist so someone can further their own agenda by fanning the flames.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:57 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Since there is a benefit to be a victim, see Starbucks bros, many blacks will lie about being discriminated. These hoax perpetrators need to be punished but often aren't. I blame the media for this debacle.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:00 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:
because my dad taught me to make sure I got my things together, kept my hands on the steering wheel in plain sight and to be respectful.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:06 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
because my dad taught me to make sure I got my things together, kept my hands on the steering wheel in plain sight and to be respectful.

A relative and myself were traveling through Kansas and got stopped for "crossing over the line". Cop approached the car with his hand on his gun.... must of been because we were white.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:39 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,038,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The tone of some of the posts in here are so angry. I know most Trump supporters don't like black people, but geez.

Yes, the actions of this one person seem disgusting and he was definitely wrong and should be held accountable for what he did. It ends there.
Posts like yours are prime examples of why the word 'WOW' is part of our vernacular. Quite the contradiction between your first two sentences and your last two sentences.... something tells me that doesn't even register with you.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:41 AM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:

They also probably did not exhibit a hostile attitude towards the officers and did what the were asked of by the officers.

Lots of these police shootings could have been avoided if the people involved remained calm and did what they were told to do.

I am white and have been pulled over probably two dozen times. I have also never been shot and only once did I give the cop an attitude. I got pulled over for speeding out in the middle of nowhere on I-10 between El Paso and San Antonio. I had the cruise control on and knew for a fact I was not speeding. It was speed trap BS and I got in an argument with a county deputy who threated to arrest me because I told him he was wrong. The whole point of putting the cruise control on the speed limit was to avoid this sort of thing but this yahoo cop was going to ticket me anyways. I had to pay a $300 ticket or drive back 400 miles out of my way to fight it in a rural county courthouse where I probably had zero chance of winning. I paid the $300.

So the attitude of the person being stopped weighs in on all of this.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
They also probably did not exhibit a hostile attitude towards the officers and did what the were asked of by the officers.

Lots of these police shootings could have been avoided if the people involved remained calm and did what they were told to do.

I am white and have been pulled over probably two dozen times. I have also never been shot and only once did I give the cop an attitude. I got pulled over for speeding out in the middle of nowhere on I-10 between El Paso and San Antonio. I had the cruise control on and knew for a fact I was not speeding. It was speed trap BS and I got in an argument with a county deputy who threated to arrest me because I told him he was wrong. The whole point of putting the cruise control on the speed limit was to avoid this sort of thing but this yahoo cop was going to ticket me anyways. I had to pay a $300 ticket or drive back 400 miles out of my way to fight it in a rural county courthouse where I probably had zero chance of winning. I paid the $300.

So the attitude of the person being stopped weighs in on all of this.
So you should have been shot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies