Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 07:11 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Young girls are going to be stupid, they should have held their cool. Trying to arrest people for drinking when they're not causing trouble is not justifiable imo....but I'm a Libertarian that hates all laws giving power to the government agents when not justified.

" Trying to arrest people for drinking when they're not causing trouble is not justifiable imo....""

IS BREAKING THE LAW. Her action alone, maybe BECAUSE of drinking, prove laws ARE NEEDED.

"but I'm a Libertarian that hates all laws"

What a lack of common sense.

LAWS are REQUIRED to maintain a CIVIL SOCIETY.

WITHOUT them we would nothing but CHAOS!

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
I don't get this mentality that anyone who breaks a law somehow deserves whatever the cops decide to mete out
Apparently lots of sociopaths post here who get off on seeing people brutalized by the authorities. We saw the same reaction to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn_CjjK-shI

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I say whip out the taser.
The taser would have been preferable to pounding on her.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:14 AM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
Shocking moment officer punches bikini-clad girl in the head during arrest | Daily Mail Online

Cops are horrible people. Though in the U.S it isn't surprising given how a high school retard is capable of becoming a police officer. Being part of the police should require an IQ of at least 115 as well as a good look into the person's past to see if they were ever a bully. Hitting a young small woman wearing a bikini is something only stupid ape cops do.

Nice sweeping generalization about an entire profession. One wonders what your educational level and/or IQ is?

I'd also assume with such a viewpoint, you are probably a liberal, so I find it ironic that you'd like to see high qualifications/requirements for jobs such as police officers.
Don't get me wrong, as I agree with you on that point.
However, programs like affirmative action that were created by and still supported by liberals, have lowered the standards tremendously over the decades.
How do you fit that square peg in the round hole?

`

Old 05-28-2018, 07:15 AM

2,662 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I suppose it depends on the person for I've used hand to hand on people at times. Maybe it is simple like a half nelson, maybe it goes into osoto gari to take them down, maybe it has to be something to take the fight out of them.

I probably would have gone for a full nelson but I guess with a bikini in the issue, the popular court would criticize that, too.

The popular court what it is, I am surprised that we can find anyone to do the job at all.

Now, one other thing.

When I was 16, my father told me that if I ever seriously misbehaved, he would have to come after me with a baseball bat. Why? Because by then, my hand to hand skills were beyond his capabilities.

Don't under estimate teenage girls.
It isn't surprising at all to me that we find a lot 9f people to do the job. There are a lot if perks to being a cop. And, unfortunately, and I know this dies not apply to all cops, but a position of power like that attracts a lot of people for the wrong reasons. As for the popular court...that is a necessary part of living in a free society. There is a lot of misconduct in LE. It deserves to be aired out.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:16 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The taser would have been preferable to pounding on her.
Not really. Then the headline would read Shocking Moment how a New Jersey cop tasered a bikini-clad girl on Memorial Day Weekend.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:19 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
The girl was wrong all the way, a smart mouth little pain in the butt.Should she have been arrested ,yes! There were three officers ,three(3) and they couldn't taken down one drunk teenage girl who had no weapons of any kind,that is a disgrace. All three should be suspended.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:21 AM

2,662 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Nice sweeping generalization about an entire profession. One wonders what your educational level and/or IQ is?

I'd also assume with such a viewpoint, you are probably a liberal, so I find it ironic that you'd like to see high qualifications/requirements for jobs such as police officers.
Don't get me wrong, as I agree with you on that point.
However, programs like affirmative action that were created by and still supported by liberals, have lowered the standards tremendously over the decades.
How do you fit that square peg in the round hole?

`
I don't think affirmative action is responsible for the worst issues facing LE. If you look at issues like police brutality, oppression of minorities, etc....those were glaring issues well before affirmative action was a gleam in anyone's eye. Those issues have improved quite a bit in recent decades. It is just that we still have a long way to go. And remember affirmative action is necessary because we have a habit of discriminating against people regardless of merit...it didn't replace an entirely merit based system. It may not be perfect...but it is a huge improvement over the way things were actually being done. And, frankly, in predominantly minority having a certain number of officers of that particular minority patrolling that area isn't just a matter of fairness or not in hiring practices...it is just plain common sense.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:23 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
The girl was wrong all the way, a smart mouth little pain in the butt.Should she have been arrested ,yes! There were three officers ,three(3) and they couldn't taken down one drunk teenage girl who had no weapons of any kind,that is a disgrace. All three should be suspended.

Hey, I once had three male ensigns who were trying to hand cuff me to a locker and I strong arm held them off from doing so. It isn't that easy if someone is resisting.......if you don't get violent about it, that is.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:23 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Not really. Then the headline would read Shocking Moment how a New Jersey cop tasered a bikini-clad girl on Memorial Day Weekend.
You're right but it wouldn't have looked as bad as striking the girl with a closed fist. Pepper spray could have been used too before pounding on the girl. The cop lost his cool. Cops get paid to not lose their cool. Even if they're being assaulted. Supposedly they get trained to handle these situations with losing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies