Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 06:23 AM

17,375 posts, read 11,346,119 times

Advertisements

With that video, you have no idea what led up to it. She's obviously resisting and being as uncooperative as possible. If she had cooperated there would have been no need for the cops to become physical with her. Her own actions and stupidity are the cause of what happened to her and it looks to me like she deserved it. What are cops suppose to do when they run into someone like this, just walk away and leave her alone? Maybe buy her a lemonade and see if that helps? Then no one would ever cooperate if cops didn't do their jobs and use force with people like this. Maybe next time, she'll be a little less obnoxious and cops won't need to use force to control her.
And what difference does it make if she's in a bikini or evening gown, as if what she's wearing gives her a free ride to being an idiot.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:28 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,415,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
another mouthy idiot who refused to comply
she should of been hit two or three time, just for refusing to comply

Old 05-28-2018, 06:32 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,396,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Should she have been hit? No. Was she at fault for the whole thing? Yes. Just more cop hating garbage.
Criticizing the cop for hitting her us just more cop hating garbage? How so? I don't get this mentality that anyone who breaks a law somehow deserves whatever the cops decide to mete out and the rest of us should stand by and put LE on a pedestal and hold them above reproach. We do have a big problem with LE in this country. Part of it is that many officers themselves hold their profession to be above reproach and tend to cover for one another and circle the wagons and attack the critics whenever LE is criticized.

Last edited by robertbrianbush; 05-28-2018 at 06:56 AM..

Old 05-28-2018, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Young girls are going to be stupid, they should have held their cool. Trying to arrest people for drinking when they're not causing trouble is not justifiable imo....but I'm a Libertarian that hates all laws giving power to the government agents when not justified.
Oh sure, then just put the word out that it's fine to be underage and be drinking at the beach because no one will care and there will be no consequences. Hey, you might as well put up a billboard to teenagers, "Get Drunk Here".

Old 05-28-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Criticizing the cop for hitting her us just more cop hating garbage? How so? I don't get this mentality that anyone who breaks a law somehow deserves whatever the cops decide to mete out and the rest of us should stand by and put LE on a pedestal and hold them above reproach. We do have a big problem with LE in this country. Part of it is that many officers hold their profession to be above reproach and tend to cover for one another and circle the wagons whenever LE 8s criticized.
It's not about breaking the law. She didn't get hit in the head for breaking the law. She got hit in the head for not cooperating. All she had to do is cooperate and none of this would have happened. If she had been drinking she would have been issued a ticket and told to get rid of the booze. That's it.
Instead, because she thinks she's special and laws don't apply to her, cops need to use force.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:46 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,602,149 times
Both of my brothers are cops. Both are big, strong apes who have gotten into more than a couple of physical scrapes over the years.

Neither would even think of pulling a stunt like that on a teenage girl.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:55 AM

24,046 posts, read 15,157,834 times
The cops need to learn more effective ways to deal with a smart mouth kid.

Ending up on social media is pounding on a person does no one any good.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:55 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,077,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Both of my brothers are cops. Both are big, strong apes who have gotten into more than a couple of physical scrapes over the years.

Neither would even think of pulling a stunt like that on a teenage girl.

I suppose it depends on the person for I've used hand to hand on people at times. Maybe it is simple like a half nelson, maybe it goes into osoto gari to take them down, maybe it has to be something to take the fight out of them.

I probably would have gone for a full nelson but I guess with a bikini in the issue, the popular court would criticize that, too.

The popular court what it is, I am surprised that we can find anyone to do the job at all.

Now, one other thing.

When I was 16, my father told me that if I ever seriously misbehaved, he would have to come after me with a baseball bat. Why? Because by then, my hand to hand skills were beyond his capabilities.

Don't under estimate teenage girls.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:56 AM

30,588 posts, read 19,319,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Oh sure, then just put the word out that it's fine to be underage and be drinking at the beach because no one will care and there will be no consequences. Hey, you might as well put up a billboard to teenagers, "Get Drunk Here".
I would be fine with that.

There's no excuse a big male cop punching a teenage girl in a bikini in my opinion unless he felt physically threatened....to me, it's indicative of the type person he is.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:57 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,149,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Criticizing the cop for hitting her us just more cop hating garbage? How so? I don't get this mentality that anyone who breaks a law somehow deserves whatever the cops decide to mete out and the rest of us should stand by and put LE on a pedestal and hold them above reproach. We do have a big problem with LE in this country. Part of it is that many officers hold their profession to be above reproach and tend to cover for one another and circle the wagons whenever LE 8s criticized.

"Oh look at the poor little girl getting beat up" is just as bad without knowing or seeing what happened beforehand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies