Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2018, 11:08 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
I understand its just a talent show now.
Do you have any background in dance? I do, just a little bit, and a mishap like that can happen to anyone. I find your delight at that woman's injury to be highly distasteful. Do you always laugh when people hurt themselves, or is it only funny when it happens to someone you think is ugly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 11:10 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Just pack it in, its meaningless now. The pageant was always about beauty, poise, charm, and appeal. Now that its not, disband it.

Its like the perversions of the Boy Scouts...just shut it down, its no longer what it was...it has no essence at this point.

Look at all the things the PC fascists have ruined and perverted in this country.

marriage
entertainment
academia
government
the family
the rule of law

This is now a nation/scoiety on the edge of civilization. There is really nothing that is not tainted by leftist poop.

LOL. I always wonder who watched beauty pageants. I always figured it was little girls.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:13 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Miss USA Contest Removes Swimsuit Competition

The Miss USA contest is going to have a competition for ladies removing their swimsuits?

What time and which channel? And where's my DVD burner?

Old 06-05-2018, 11:13 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Wish I had read this earlier, I would have added it to the OP...

Miss America scraps SWIMSUIT competition and says women no longer have to wear evening gowns as chairwoman Gretchen Carlson promises contestants won't be judged on their physical appearance

The decision comes months after internal emails revealed former CEO Sam Haskell and board members frequently demeaned the physical appearance, intellect, and personal lives of former pageant winners, including Carlson.

Carlson, 51, was named chairwoman of the Miss America Organization just days after Haskell resigned in January.

Haskell was initially suspended from his role. At the time he denounced the Huffington Post expose and called the internal emails 'unkind and untrue.'

'Much of what was reported is dishonest, deceptive, and despicable,' he said in a statement in December.

'The story is so unkind and untrue, and hurts me, my family, and the stewardship of this nonprofit. Those who know my heart know that this is not indicative of my character, nor is it indicative of my business acumen.'

HuffPo Original Article

The Miss America Emails: How The Pageant’s CEO Really Talks About The Winners

Old 06-05-2018, 11:17 AM

8,386 posts, read 4,372,592 times
I never thought it was much of a competition anyway. I never saw the point. Every thing was practiced over and over, canned, rehearsed. It has nothing to do with reality of the American woman.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:22 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
I real woman is obedient, respectful, and quiet. Enjoy your cats

Sounds like the perfect dog, actually. Is your wife and/or mother like that?

Old 06-05-2018, 11:25 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,228,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I never thought it was much of a competition anyway. I never saw the point. Every thing was practiced over and over, canned, rehearsed. It has nothing to do with reality of the American woman.
Its always supposed to be aspirational...not a reality show. Chrissakes, you really don't "get it" huh?

Maybe reality TV is the problem here.

Reality TV sucks. NOBODY wants to see that crap except sado-masochists and losers who are trying to feel better about themselves.

And the actual reality of American women is going to be as big of a disappointing bummer as the faux totally stage "reality television" pablum all the networks are pushing. Kinda funny they call it "reality" when its completely fake. And some morons actually believe it!

At least beauty pageants show that people can attain stylized standards of beauty and charm through practice and effort - that's the reason people watched the pageant. Little girls MIGHT think yes, I can be beautiful, smart, charming, and graceful when I am bigger too, if THEY can.

Now what kinds of messages and hopes are they going to get about their possibilities? That its fine for their future if they turn out as fat uggos and SJW slobs with obnoxious personalities?

Old 06-05-2018, 11:25 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Sounds like the perfect dog, actually. Is your wife and/or mother like that?
My guess is that's the only way he can get a woman, is to buy one. Not surprising, given that he views them as little more than chattel, there to serve him and never dare to open her mouth or voice an opinion. That's a good little wifey to spider.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:30 AM

2,559 posts, read 2,220,712 times
Heck, I think it's an opportunity for women scientists/engineers/doctors/chemists/etc. to shine. If you've contributed substantially to your field and possibly helped society at large then this would just be another form of recognition and maybe earn some sort of prize or money.

OK, it admittedly probably helps if you look good in a lab coat or business attire.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:45 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Anyone remember this one?
First there was a short-lived experiment with turning the magazine — once a frat-tastic bonanza of bikini shoots and bad taste — into a lifestyle publication, with Biglari appointing its first female editor, Kate Lanphear, in September 2014.

https://pagesix.com/2018/04/21/top-e...ity-struggles/

I am surprised it lasted a year. Most of the readers are used to not lasting more than 15 minutes.

They were slowly going to move soft smut to feature articles of edible landscape, pottery and small town nostalgia?

Might be a good time to buy stock in Victoria Secret because they will own the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies