Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2018, 01:07 PM

482 posts, read 242,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
We're all very, very impressed.
Honestly, it's not that big of a deal. I was mostly blessed with great genetics. I didn't exactly choose to be 6 foot with defined cheek bones. It sorta just happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 01:08 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,498,256 times
Take the last word out of the thread title and you will have POTUS salivating.

Old 06-05-2018, 01:11 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
Honestly, it's not that big of a deal. I was mostly blessed with great genetics. I didn't exactly choose to be 6 foot with defined cheek bones. It sorta just happened.
Everyone has great cheekbones behind the anonymity of the Internet. In reality, you are probably 5 foot 5 and 350 pounds.

Old 06-05-2018, 01:21 PM

482 posts, read 242,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Everyone has great cheekbones behind the anonymity of the Internet. In reality, you are probably 5 foot 5 and 350 pounds.
It's unlikely simply due to the fact that I display zero signs of a victim mentality.
A fat slug like that would most likely cherish women while putting the P on a pedestal.

I've never befriended a chick in my entire life. Literally every woman that I've ever spent time around in a 1 on 1 situation outside of work that I wasn't related to has been prey.

Victims don't talk like that ^

Old 06-05-2018, 01:30 PM

31,079 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Nah, my wife is a total ball-buster. She's all like educated and stuff. If that stepford wife thing was legit, I would have her fixed in the blink of an eye.

For her own good, of course.
Haha, great laugh. My gf sounds similar. She's a raving Democrat who still loves Hillary. I dont know why I stick around.

Old 06-05-2018, 01:31 PM

30,377 posts, read 19,177,636 times
I think we can now call it the Miss America/transgender award for women (mostly Lesbians), gays, and transgenders viewing only.

Old 06-05-2018, 01:43 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Miss USA contest didn't remove swimsuit competition, as the thread heading says.

Miss America contest removed swimsuit competition.

Miss USA and Miss America are two completely different pageant operations and they both run competitions on TV.
The ratings for Miss USA were so poor, it wasn't even going to air until FOX picked it up. The ratings still declined. It had a viewership of less than 3 Million the last time it aired. It's unlikely FOX will renew when the contract ends, so that means it would be up to the CW network to pick it up, or one of the cable networks, or it will die.

The ratings for Miss America have also declined, but the numbers are still big enough to win the time slot last year when it aired on ABC. But, with the swim-suit contest gone, it might find its ratings gone as well.

I find both pageants to be archaic and not worth my time.

Old 06-05-2018, 01:46 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
It's unlikely simply due to the fact that I display zero signs of a victim mentality.
A fat slug like that would most likely cherish women while putting the P on a pedestal.

I've never befriended a chick in my entire life. Literally every woman that I've ever spent time around in a 1 on 1 situation outside of work that I wasn't related to has been prey.

Victims don't talk like that ^
LOL. Talking about women as "prey" makes me more certain than ever that you are short and fat and typing from your mom's basement. Look up the term incel. Your posts are textbook examples.

Old 06-05-2018, 01:50 PM

45,584 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
and Russian...

Old 06-05-2018, 01:50 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Miss America is scrapping its swimsuit competition, will no longer judge based on physical appearance

"We are no longer a pageant," Gretchen Carlson, the first former Miss America to be named chair of the Board of Trustees of the Miss America Organization, said on "GMA." "We are a competition."

In place of the swimsuit portion of the competition, Miss America contestants will now take part in a live interactive session with the judges, according to the organization.

"We’ve heard from a lot of young women who say, ‘We’d love to be a part of your program but we don’t want to be out there in high heels and a swimsuit,’ so guess what, you don’t have to do that anymore," Carlson said. "Who doesn’t want to be empowered, learn leadership skills and pay for college and be able to show the world who you are as a person from the inside of your soul."

She continued, "That’s what we’re judging them on now."

Based on where American culture is right now, this is not surprising.

And the interactive session will be a contest to see who can best articulate elite liberal talking points. I know that's not specified, but I thought I would fill that in as well.

Only teenage boys watched it anyway. Now THEY will flipping the channel to something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies