Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2018, 09:36 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,516,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Of course he would say that. He is hiding behind 270% Canadian tariffs. And all you who have just discovered how awful tariffs are, why aren't you speaking against Canadian tariffs? Stand up for your country for once.
You realize we subsidize our dairy farmers. I.e. we pay then to overproduce. To the point that they are over producing and dumping milk on the rest of the world.

But your position is that Canada should bail the U.S. out of the U.S. bad decision?

Read up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 09:37 PM

8,908 posts, read 4,633,106 times
Greatest Presidents? top 5
1. Lincoln
2 Trump
3 Eisenhower
4 Truman
5 Teddy Roosevelt

Bottom 5?
Obama, FDR and 3 other guys no one has ever heard of.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:39 PM

7,490 posts, read 4,990,318 times
Quote:
Of course he would say that. He is hiding behind 270% Canadian tariffs. And all you who have just discovered how awful tariffs are, why aren't you speaking against Canadian tariffs? Stand up for your country for once.
Canada's model is very similar to that of EU countries. It's about supply and demand. Produce what can be used, and stop. Perhaps USA farmers should catch up with the rest of the Western world.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:42 PM

32,182 posts, read 15,181,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
He's showing them who is in control. I know that burns the haters.
But he's not in control. The G8 kicked out Russia. So without the US they will become the G6. Trump's ego is only going to hurt us.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:46 PM

30,822 posts, read 19,454,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
President Refuses to Sign G-7 Statement; Insults Trudeau

Another proud moment for Trump. I did not vote for him, bu he shows his stuff. He does not need or want a joint communique with countries that have for centuries shed people to the United States. He does not tke a supplicant posture, unlike his predecessor.

Now on to Singapore and more greatness for our country!
He shouldn't sign something he disagrees with...hopefully, the terrible deals that our past leaders made can be fixed by our great President.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:47 PM

16,211 posts, read 11,391,722 times
Great (not so much for specific policies, as for wise use of power):

Lincoln
Washington
FDR
Reagan

Near Great:

Truman
Eisenhower
J Q Adams

Overrated:

Polk
T Roosevelt
Jefferson

Black Sheep (severe misuse of power):

Jackson
Wilson
L B Johnson

Incomplete:

Obama
Trump

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 06-09-2018 at 10:03 PM..

Old 06-09-2018, 09:47 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,559,677 times
Quote:

Canada is already buying more milk from the U.S. than it is selling to the U.S. to the tune of a half billion dollars.

The facts: https://ipolitics.ca/2017/04/22/dair...pat-explained/

https://americanadiangal.wordpress.c...but-more-safe/

Old 06-09-2018, 09:50 PM

9,208 posts, read 13,316,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

What do you see that I don't. I see a president isolating our country from our allies. They already said they had no problem becoming the G6 because they are not backing down. And we have no idea what the consquences will be for country since Trump doesn't even know. He just wants to be the big man calling the shots. But he's not. So other countries will move on without us. We won't have a seat at the table or have a say in anything just like Russia. How is that going to help us.
Actually it went not as bad as I thought it might go. Considering all the anti-American rhetoric from our Allies recently, they did not show it to Trump's face. My guess is that the tariff issue on steel and aluminum is not a big a deal in reality, however some foreign leaders (notably in France and Canada) find that standing up to Trump is good politics to them domestically. Probably eventually most will come around to negotiate.

Lets face it, most of our Allies are not used to the United States sticking up for its own interests so openly. For years, the United States overlooked things like trade barriers and undervalued currencies from our Allies (notably Japan) so they would continue to support us against the Soviet Union and to be the "World Policeman". Plus most of our previous Presidents did not want any controversy, so they just smiled and waved and shook hands. Which of course did absolutely nothing about our nation's trade deficit.

RUSSIA and ITALY.

It is funny you mentioned Russia. Lost in the recent news, is that Italian Prime minister Giuseppe Conte agrees with Trump on Russia rejoining the G-7 (G-8). I mention this because despite the attempt to isolate the USA at the recent summit, they are already starting to break ranks. It really shows the United States has more diplomatic power then we realize, it is just that previous leaders never really used it and let other nations take us for granted.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:52 PM

7,490 posts, read 4,990,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He shouldn't sign something he disagrees with...hopefully, the terrible deals that our past leaders made can be fixed by our great President.
Trump speaks for the people of the USA, and he has proudly let the world know that the people of the USA do not care about terrorism, plastics in the ocean, education and equality for girls in at risk countries ... to name a few. Absolutely, be proud for letting the world know that the USA is more interested in profiting from dumping milk over-supply in foreign countries than those "terrible deals".

Old 06-09-2018, 09:53 PM

7,449 posts, read 7,052,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Does being a total assh--- to our allies rise to a "high crime and misdemeanor"? I think it does.

Trump is friendlier with Putin and Kim Jong Un than he is with our European allies. What an insult to our WWII veterans.

Trump is the single biggest embarrassment in the history of this nation, bar none.
He's also the best POTUS we've had in my lifetime, and I'm 50.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies